• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Publicly Mocks the "Release the Snyder Cut" Crowd

ManaByte

This is from the latest episode of the Harley Quinn show.

The Snyder Cut crowd is taking it as a compliment of being recognized, but it's WB pointing out how dense they are.

The movie they've been screaming about for 3 years is never happening:

The answer is… No. According to FandomWire’s exclusive sources, Warner Brothers and HBO Max will NOT be releasing Zack Snyder’s Director’s Cut of Justice League. We know many fans of Snyder and his #SnyderArmy, will not believe us, no matter what we type… but the reality is, there not only won’t be a secret drop of the project on HBO Max, but we’ve also confirmed that cut is not finished.

The fact is, Warner Brothers did take a meeting with Zack Snyder to discuss the project, but Snyder requested $20 million dollars and the permission to reshoot parts of the film, to which Warner said “No, way”. Talks ended there, and there are no plans to start them again.

In fact reps inside Warner Brothers are getting angrier and angrier at Zack Snyder for encouraging false stories on movie websites, that rally fans to think Snyder’s Cut of the film is finished. It’s not.

We’ve confirmed this fact from other sources who were involved in the making of Justice League, who have verified that while a cut does exist, its merely a work-print, and still needs a lot of post-production and visual effects work. Right, or wrong, Warner Brothers doesn’t want to invest any more money into Snyder’s vision of the Superhero franchise, especially after being bullied online.

We heard Warner Brothers is so fed up with Snyder, they are planning to wipe his films continuity in their upcoming solo Flash movie. They genuinely hate the constant barrage of #ReleaseTheSnyderCut… But as annoying as the movement is to them, they merely label it “noise”, and refuse to give into to the fan’s demands, merely out of principle.

The question for the studio has always been whether or not Zack Snyder’s cut of the film will truly please fans beyond his #SnyderArmy demanding it, and if its truly worth another $20 million+ investment. They do not believe it is.

Last edited:
Re-release the bluray with the workprint as a bonus disc. Then the Snyder people will do fancuts and slowly disappear while WB can repurpose and move some of the assload of unsold Justice League blurays. :messenger_smirking:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure...Sounds like something could be bubbling up.

Last edited:

ManaByte

So, what's different about this version? I only know about the campaign.

This is the version that caused WB to fire Zack Snyder, hire Joss Whedon, and empower people on social media to threaten to kill others over a comic book movie.

So, what's different about this version? I only know about the campaign.

if anyone wants to provide an actual answer, I’d love to hear it
Basically almost the entire film is different. It's not even like a director's cut type situation. It's an entirely different film.

When snyder's daughter committed suicide he left the project. Then WB brought in Joss whedon and basically reshot the entire film while lying about what they were doing. From BVS to suicide squad to this, wb was a mess behind the scenes and producers were forcing reshoots and meddling with films constantly. All those people have now been removed thankfully.

The justice league that was released was a Frankenstein film and is rumored to have as little as 10-20% of actual footage done by Snyder. The film doesn't feel connected to MOS or BVS at all. Characters act completely different, plot lines are dropped and visually looks nothing like a Snyder film.

Snyder has stated his version is 214 minutes long . The changes from what has been pieced together are too numerous to even list. But among them, every superman scene is different, the black suit was also in the film. Lex Luthor had more of a role. Cyborg and flash have large chunks of back story and side characters in the film. We see cyborg before he is cyborg, the crash that kills his mom and mainms him etc. The opening like 15 minutes are all Whedon scenes that wouldn't exist in Snyders film. Stuff like the Russian family and flash falling on wonder womans boobs(Whedon wrote this exact same scene in avengers because apparently he is 13 and thinks this is funny) dont happen. Wonder woman beheads steppenwolf. Darkseid is in the film. Etc etc etc

Basically, it's an entirely different film from what was released with only a handful of scenes the same. And even those scenes dont even play out the same. If you watch justice league you can see clear reshoots inserted in the middle of scenes where say ben Affleck's face and hair look totally different from moment to moment.

On a side note the fandom that has been pushing for this to get released have raised something like $150K for suicide related charities.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So sick of hearing anti fan sentiment all over the internet

People just want to see what a director they like made. Is that really so fucking horrible?

Anti fan sentiment is the worst kind of groupthink gatekeeping bullshit. I hope the Snyder fans get something nice today

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
I've never been quite clear on this, what was the status of the project when Snyder stepped away? How close to being completed was it? Curious to see what it's like since it sounds so substantially different.

Last edited:

Dural

Basically almost the entire film is different. It's not even like a director's cut type situation. It's an entirely different film.

When snyder's daughter committed suicide he left the project. Then WB brought in Joss whedon and basically reshot the entire film while lying about what they were doing. From BVS to suicide squad to this, wb was a mess behind the scenes and producers were forcing reshoots and meddling with films constantly. All those people have now been removed thankfully.

The justice league that was released was a Frankenstein film and is rumored to have as little as 10-20% of actual footage done by Snyder. The film doesn't feel connected to MOS or BVS at all. Characters act completely different, plot lines are dropped and visually looks nothing like a Snyder film.

Snyder has stated his version is 214 minutes long . The changes from what has been pieced together are too numerous to even list. But among them, every superman scene is different, the black suit was also in the film. Lex Luthor had more of a role. Cyborg and flash have large chunks of back story and side characters in the film. We see cyborg before he is cyborg, the crash that kills his mom and mainms him etc. The opening like 15 minutes are all Whedon scenes that wouldn't exist in Snyders film. Stuff like the Russian family and flash falling on wonder womans boobs(Whedon wrote this exact same scene in avengers because apparently he is 13 and thinks this is funny) dont happen. Wonder woman beheads steppenwolf. Darkseid is in the film. Etc etc etc

Basically, it's an entirely different film from what was released with only a handful of scenes the same. And even those scenes dont even play out the same. If you watch justice league you can see clear reshoots inserted in the middle of scenes where say ben Affleck's face and hair look totally different from moment to moment.

On a side note the fandom that has been pushing for this to get released have raised something like $150K for suicide related charities.

Wow, I had no idea that all happened. I figured there was some studio meddling, but this is on a whole other level. I'd love to see his version, 300 and Watchmen were fantastic.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Yes and that completely excuses the death threats.
You are coming across as biased.
Why dump everyone into a "hive-mind"? I doubt there is a majority crossover between those raising money for charity and those making death threats. No one is excusing death threats.
Are you a Marvel vs DC guy or something? Just for the record, the Russo's have received death threats too.

To be clear, I love both Marvel and DC, but I'm just wondering your stance because you seem dedicated to shitting on the Snyder release and it's fans, while simultaneously pumping out attempts at MCU leaks. It just sort of paints a picture, so rather than assume, I'll ask.

The Snyder Cut crowd is taking it as a compliment of being recognized, but it's WB pointing out how dense they are.

This may age very poorly very soon. If the Snyder cut is released, not only will you look like the dense one, but you were the one throwing around the insult, which leads to double the embarrassment. Best to just play nice.

Last edited:
I was listening to Campea's show (I know, I know, I can't help it, I just like to have shit playing the background when I game) and he was saying the Snyder Cut could be released on HBO Max? I imagine that would be a pretty big get?

Nester99

It’s gonna be like ME3.

“totally different ending” = difference color fireworks.

hope I am wrong, but the optimism seems unfounded.
Do folks not recall how shit BvsS was?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
See, just for reference, I enjoyed BvS way more than I enjoyed the animated Apokolips War. Fair comparison? I don't know, but I guess I'm just a bit surprised by how hard BvS was rejected, when those animated movies seem to be lapped up by the fanbase. I find them extremely dull and lacking anything to offer. Stilted animation which is less dynamic and interesting than the comics they are putting out, ho-hum soundtracks with a few exceptions (DKR comes to mind), rushed stories, and just as much, arguably unnecessary "grim-dark". Not to say BvS is perfect by any means, but I'd watch the Warehouse scene five times in a row before sitting through another dull DC-direct animated film. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I've never been quite clear on this, what was the status of the project when Snyder stepped away? How close to being completed was it? Curious to see what it's like since it sounds so substantially different.

Appears all the footage was shot. Special effects and editing were still unfinished. I don't think the score had been composed yet either.

ManaByte

Can I see these?

Some were in 2017 because I broke the news that Justice League would only be two hours long, and I got death threats from crazies who were convinced it'd be three hours long.

Others were as recent as this weekend:

G5rQfap.png

W9EHZ2T.png

That's right. Now they want to KILL people who are excited over the release.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so we are taking a single tweet as representative of an entire fanbase? cool. im sure NOBODY on the other side has ever said a single bad thing. nope. could never happen. and no, it's not like death threats are a thing that happens on Twitter in just about every subject, no, couldn't be. /s

Manabyte you seem like a smart and fine fellow. why are you so obsessed with this fan shaming shit? does it help you professionally to do this? you do realize that you are only making yourself a bigger target for trolls? is that why you do this?

Last edited:

ManaByte

so we are taking a single tweet as representative of an entire fanbase? cool. im sure NOBODY on the other side has ever said a single bad thing. nope. could never happen. and no, it's not like death threats are a thing that happens on Twitter in just about every subject, no, couldn't be. /s

Manabyte you seem like a smart and fine fellow. why are you so obsessed with this fan shaming shit? does it help you professionally to do this? you do realize that you are only making yourself a bigger target for trolls? is that why you do this?

I'm not fan shaming anyone. In 2017 I broke the news that the movie would be two hours. For the next two-and-a-half years I've had to withstand constant harassment and death threats by crazies who saw that as a slight on Zack Snyder.

There's a reason why WB mocked them in the Harley Quinn show. These people call in bomb threats to the Warner Brothers switchboard.

The Social Media team WB has can't even look at the replies on their posts because it's nothing but spam and harassment. Stop siding with assholes.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm not fan shaming anyone. In 2017 I broke the news that the movie would be two hours. For the next two-and-a-half years I've had to withstand constant harassment and death threats by crazies who saw that as a slight on Zack Snyder.

There's a reason why WB mocked them in the Harley Quinn show. These people call in bomb threats to the Warner Brothers switchboard.

The Social Media team WB has can't even look at the replies on their posts because it's nothing but spam and harassment. Stop siding with assholes.

I think Phonepunk has a great point. You are receiving death threats from crazies who want a "Snyder-cut" but there are obviously crazies on all sides of the equation. I will take your word for it that a group of Snyder fans took things way too far, but have you seen just how smug the attitude towards Snyder fans has been as well? A huge portion of those who chose to deny a Snyder-cut existed felt that, for some reason, they had to deny it in the most smug, self-assured way possible. Why? Came across as super dorky and now they may have to "eat crow". If you don't know, you don't know.

Also, the tweet you posted reeks of exaggeration. If you are taking that as a death-threat, you are too sensitive. Sorry. Everyone has uttered "ugh, I wanna kill them!" at some point without meaning it. Sorry if you received actual threats, but that is a terrible example.

Last edited:
Interesting. I really enjoyed that. Go watch it if you have not DC fans.

Justice League Dark was pretty dope, I didn't get into the DC animated films until recently after seeing some stuff on Dark Apokolips War. I actually like Justice League Dark more then Apokolips War.

IDK maybe I just wasn't paying attention but to me it seems like WB doesn't market them all that well?

ManaByte

Justice League Dark was pretty dope, I didn't get into the DC animated films until recently after seeing some stuff on Dark Apokolips War. I actually like Justice League Dark more then Apokolips War.

IDK maybe I just wasn't paying attention but to me it seems like WB doesn't market them all that well?

They release them too quickly. It's two a year I think, and they should really do one a year and hype it up more.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Okay, I'm relieving myself:

Lmao.

Dude, remind me not to trust your instinct when it comes to MCU leaks.

Last edited:
So sick of hearing anti fan sentiment all over the internet

People just want to see what a director they like made. Is that really so fucking horrible?

Anti fan sentiment is the worst kind of groupthink bullshit
It's also pathetic because the people doing it throw stones and hide their hands.

Same people that have labelled Snyder a racist, homophobe, islamophobe, misogynist, alt right, saying that he hates his own mother, making fun of his daughters suicide etc etc and been trying to tear down his entire career and assassinate his character suddenly play victim when his fan base attacks them. You'll reap what you'll sow stop playing victim. All because he made some movies they dont like.

Not excusing some of the behaviour I've seen by his fans either though, because every fan base has their bad apples. But they've also been ridiculed for years just for liking a movie while seeing people constantly attack said movies and the creator.

Last edited:
See, just for reference, I enjoyed BvS way more than I enjoyed the animated Apokolips War. Fair comparison? I don't know, but I guess I'm just a bit surprised by how hard BvS was rejected, when those animated movies seem to be lapped up by the fanbase. I find them extremely dull and lacking anything to offer. Stilted animation which is less dynamic and interesting than the comics they are putting out, ho-hum soundtracks with a few exceptions (DKR comes to mind), rushed stories, and just as much, arguably unnecessary "grim-dark". Not to say BvS is perfect by any means, but I'd watch the Warehouse scene five times in a row before sitting through another dull DC-direct animated film. Just my two cents.

The Doomsday fight in BvS was rad as hell also, that whole encounter was really well done.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
look im sorry you are getting death threats. that sucks. and anyone making those is shit. i agree.

but i don't think it is "bad DC fans" who are sending death threats. death threats seem to be a common thing across all media. i mean Steven Universe had them. the Reylos were threatening Adam Driver. Ken Bone got death threats. it's kind of a thing you get if you are on social media with any amount of global notoriety.

i just object to the idea that fans of a "certain" franchise are inherently evil. as if there is something inherently toxic about x media property that attract lunatics, making it suspect to be a fan of that property at all. if we were to take a tally of everybody who watched this global blockbuster and then tally the number of death threat weilding lunatics, it would be very, very tiny. so tiny that any claim that "a fan of x property will be toxic" seems to be based on anecdotal evidence.
The Social Media team WB has can't even look at the replies on their posts because it's nothing but spam and harassment.
this seems to be common across social media. imo it is a problem with social media itself, rather than the fans (which include millions of people NOT doing this). i just object to you painting everyone with a broad brush.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Yes and that completely excuses the death threats.
You mean the fake death threats that we are not even sure we're made by Snyder fans?

Just to be clear, this is what you are crying over?

That Twin Perfect channel that got famous for the Twin Peaks analysis has some good videos on the Superman movies and Batman v Superman, I have never understood why people didn't enjoy those.

Because they aren't very good movies

Last edited:
Top Bottom