• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB hits pause on all Ezra Miller projects (including DC appearances)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don't think WB will cancel this. This is basically their No Way Home. Maybe they will do reshoots so that Michael Keaton's Batman has even bigger role. Then they can focus on him when marketing the movie.

It's an absolute trash fire of a movie anyway, so I doubt they'll change much just because the star is a groomer.

DarthPutin

It's, like, the least of the problems, but the discussion around this story once again illustrated why we don't call everyone "them" all the time. The girl he groomed, Takata, also indentifies as they (it seems), so on ree there were texts like "After what they did to them, they need to cut all ties with them publicly" where 'they' were either Ezra, Takata or WB. Sure, sometimes all parties in story have the same pronoun, but in this case 'she', 'he', 'they' would make conversations much clearer.

Anyway, Ezra Miller is a dude. He also claims to be reincarnation of Jesus Christ - we can't prove scientifically that he is not, but we can prove that he's a dude.

I don't think people should lose their job for wrongthink - but in this case, dude is using his fame and wealth to groom, harass and abuse teenagers, the more he's promoted, the easier his hunt will be - it is actually important for common good that he's no longer the face of major all audiences movie.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Are they still pausing?

The Joker Smile GIF by Regal

Hezekiah

Banned
Just waiting for it to be official.

The headlines about this are so weird Ezra Miller 'to be cut from The Flash even if they face no more allegations' 🙄

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just waiting for it to be official.

The headlines about this are so weird Ezra Miller 'to be cut from The Flash even if they face no more allegations' 🙄

They’re not being cut from the movie that's already filmed. But they’re never going to be The Flash again after it.

Last edited:
It's, like, the least of the problems, but the discussion around this story once again illustrated why we don't call everyone "them" all the time. The girl he groomed, Takata, also indentifies as they (it seems), so on ree there were texts like "After what they did to them, they need to cut all ties with them publicly" where 'they' were either Ezra, Takata or WB. Sure, sometimes all parties in story have the same pronoun, but in this case 'she', 'he', 'they' would make conversations much clearer.

Anyway, Ezra Miller is a dude. He also claims to be reincarnation of Jesus Christ - we can't prove scientifically that he is not, but we can prove that he's a dude.

I don't think people should lose their job for wrongthink - but in this case, dude is using his fame and wealth to groom, harass and abuse teenagers, the more he's promoted, the easier his hunt will be - it is actually important for common good that he's no longer the face of major all audiences movie.

why even concede to these fruit loops, English isn't my first language it took me years to get fluent now I got chuck all my grammar out the window because 'feelings' :pie_eyeroll:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
They’re not being cut from the movie that's already filmed. But they’re never going to be The Flash again after it.

I'd say if he is at any point charged with a serious sexual offence, Warners will pull the plug on the Flash movie entirely. They can't afford the reputational hit,

UnNamed

Banned
So you have this looney grooming a 12yo girl... and a family who let a 24yo to stay with her.

Maybe it's just me but if I was her parent I would have solved this problem for good breaking Elza's legs when she was 13. This are cases when you can't be sure the other part is ok or they have serious problems as well.

Valedix

Gold Member
Well this latest story just makes me hate WB more for not doing anything about it, and considering how quickly they acted on Johnny Depps removal really pisses me off.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Well this latest story just makes me hate WB more for not doing anything about it, and considering how quickly they acted on Johnny Depps removal really pisses me off.

I was thinking the same thing. Here, with Miller, you have an on record, undeniable a-hole going around assaulting people and just habitually being a public nuisance. Lost count of how many times he's been arrested or had dealings with police. On the other hand, in Depp's, case it was just some young person's word. Not even against his words. Everyone in Hollywood bolted from him before he could even defend himself.

I don't understand why Miller keeps getting passes. He (sorry, they) aren't even that talented.

SJRB

Gold Member
I thought this fucking movie was coming out in a few months but it's gonna take another YEAR. A year, what the fuck man.

I'm already sick and tired of Flash and especially that dumb fuck Ezra Miller, and we have another year of bullshit ahead of us.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I thought this fucking movie was coming out in a few months but it's gonna take another YEAR. A year, what the fuck man.

I'm already sick and tired of Flash and especially that dumb fuck Ezra Miller, and we have another year of bullshit ahead of us.

Oh... this movie, as it stands, is never coming out.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Miller (they/them) needs to put in a mental health inpatient facility, and then prison.

Even ResetEra tards are saying he's a menace to society.

Throw that film down the toilet.

OZ9000

Banned
Ree fucking defending a pedos pronouns is the dumbest shit ever
They're a bunch of retarded motherfuckers who have their priorities the wrong way. Clearly the most important thing is to respect the pronouns of a child molester. Nevermind the plight of the victims, but we must protect trans rights at all costs!

That forum needs to be nuked from humanity.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Editaur

I despise seeing the exploitation of children but Elliott Page is a 35 year old adult that went through surgery and (I would assume like other people) legally changed his name.

I don't want to add more to this Right/Left bonfire, but I found that whole Jordan Peterson ban a bit odd when it was quickly followed up with him joining DailyWire.

Jennings

Elliot Page would be an ideal Flash. who cares if he's only five feet tall? Gandalf wasn't really that much taller than Hobbits, Steve Rogers wasn't really a pip-squeak before the buffing machine, and the The Hulk hasn't been a simple buff dude in makeup since the 70s. 95% of the scenes filmed in these shitty comic book movies are CGI and camera tricks already, dropping Elliot into red tights and blurring him around town would be no big deal.

One mentally unstable twat to another one? Nah. I’m good.
Why is Elliot Page "unstable"?

I'm not a fan of him nor do I think he needs this, but he never came across as crazy, intolerant, inconsistent or a bitch. He was just unhappy in a situation most people would be happy to be in because he didn't feel comfortable in his body. More power to him for carving his path against a lot of pressure against, I'm sure it was hard.

Also, props for him to prefer to be called a he rather than plural.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ezra going to jail may be the out WB needs to release this atomic pile of a film while Ezra incarcerated and can't cause more damage. They need to just release it and roll with the PR drama.

At this point I bet WB wished they hadn't delayed this film at all and squeaked it out back in late 2021 or early 2022 when Ezra was just a weird creeper and not an out right menace to society.

Step 1: Hire a new actor to reshoot all the scenes where the flash doesn't have his mask on.
Step 2: Use the new actor to dub all the scenes where he's wearing his mask.
Step 3: Film a new scene explaining how the portion of the flash's face that is still exposed by his mask is also still a mask, designed to better hide his real life facial features. Kind of like the mask tech in the mission impossible movies.

Early in the movie they can even do a classic mission impossible style mask reveal, with a twist.

Top Bottom