• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB hits pause on all Ezra Miller projects (including DC appearances)

FunkMiller

What I'm suggesting is it was fairly natural to then evolve the term to refer to non-binary folks.

This is the bit I tend to disagree with, due to the confusion it causes. In may seem natural to non-binary folk, but there seems to have been absolutely zero consideration for anyone who might have an issue with it grammatically. This is generally my problem with the whole trans movement. I support a lot of what they are saying and striving for, but absolutely do not support the extremist 'do what we say, think what we think, or you're a bigot' mentality that accompanies it. Language is an evolving thing that changes best through societal consent and compromise.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is the bit I tend to disagree with, due to the confusion it causes. In may seem natural to non-binary folk, but there seems to have been absolutely zero consideration for anyone who might have an issue with it grammatically. This is generally my problem with the whole trans movement. I support a lot of what they are saying and striving for, but absolutely do not support the extremist 'do what we say, think what we think, or you're a bigot' mentality that accompanies it. Language is an evolving thing that changes best through societal consent and compromise.

I'm confused; did you skip over my post about how it's grammatically correct? You seem to understand that "they" is not plural in all contexts.. I don't know why it's so confusing to add another context where "they" isn't plural.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I'm confused; did you skip over my post about how it's grammatically correct? You seem to understand that "they" is not plural in all contexts.. I don't know why it's so confusing to add another context where "they" isn't plural.

Because grammatically correct does not automatically mean in widespread use.

They was singular in the context of not knowing the gender of the person. Once gender is known, they was not used anymore. Until this current movement. For those that adhere to it. Not everybody does, and confusion arises. For many people, they is either plural, or only referring to a person when gender is not known.

…and as stated, the fast push for change - and the screaming condemnation that comes if they is not used - is the problem.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Once gender is known, they was not used anymore. Until this current movement.
No, because these people basically have no gender... so it's pretty damn similar situation lol

I've actually had conversations just like this one where the person managed to use "they" to refer to someone whose gender they knew lol

IMO the real "issue" is our brains see what looks like a guy and we say "he" most of the time.. not that "they" is THAT unnatural, it's jut not the 1st choice of words that comes to mind.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

No, because these people basically have no gender... so it's pretty damn similar situation lol

I've actually had conversations just like this one where the person managed to use "they" to refer to someone whose gender they knew lol

Well, okay. But a lot of people do find it confusing or odd sounding when referring to an individual. So there should be a lot less of the screaming and whining when it happens.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's alleged that on February 2, the trio was spending time with Miller when the mother mentioned travelling with "her tribe" of people.
That led to an outburst from the actor who accused her of cultural appropriation before claiming the board game they were playing, Parcheesi, has Rastafarian roots. When the neighbour, who is half-Black, asked what he was talking about:
"Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face," the person recalls. "They said, 'You don’t even know what the [frick] you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!'"

"Then they opened up their jacket - they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket - and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, 'Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.'"

Things only got worse from here, with Miller claiming to hold power over the then 11-year-old child, suggesting they would guide them.
The mom understandably had something to say about that, but the actor turned on the woman (who dresses Goth) and accused her of being a vampire and witch asking:
"Do you want to drink my blood? Do you!?"

It's at this point we should probably warn you that this alleged clash takes an even more upsetting turn because the site explains that Miller then started pestering the child with compliments, moving their chair closer to them before uncomfortably hugging them and touching their hips.
The Justice League star requested the 11-year-old follow them on Instagram and suggested they would acquire them several horses the child could help care for on their Vermont farm.

"They automatically were just weirdly drawn to me and kept talking about how they love my outfit and love my style, and kept going on and on about how it was great," the child recalls in an interview with the site.
"It was really uncomfortable. I was really nervous. I was scared to be around them after he’d yelled at my mother and she was crying."

CczaVwLUcAAV171.jpg

With the amount of issues regarding WB movies (with actors and flops) and WB-Discovery tanking market cap, I expect somebody to acquire them.

Then, a conversation about board games allegedly went sideways when, after Miller claimed that the board game Parcheesi had Rastafarian roots, the visiting neighbor—who is half-Black—questioned Miller as to which sect of the Rastafari movement it originated from.

“At this point, Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face,” the visiting neighbor tells me. “They said, ‘You don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!’”

“I was very caught off-guard,” the visiting neighbor continues. “Then they opened up their jacket—they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket—and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, ‘Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.’”

Unbeknownst to the neighbour, Quentin Tarantino was monitoring the hidden cam footage from a van parked two blocks away.

Papacheeks

Banned
This dude is a fucking fruit loop. He never made it past 8th grade and it shows.

The sad thing is he’s a “ LGBTQ” advocate as seen in his arrest. These types of so called advocate are hurting communities and literally grooming people.

Seriously I hope this has a ripple effect across the country for mental illness.

It's not just plural.. it's the age old usage of how you refer to an individual w/o specifying gender.

That typically in the past meant you were saying something like "Someone texted you and they seem pissed" or "The client called and they are pissed" or any other million ways in which "they" is used singularly.

That naturally fits with how a non-binary person would want to be referred to.. it's really not anywhere near as unnatural as people claim.

It's just ALSO really natural/second nature to us to see what we perceive as a "he" and say "they" instead. I struggle with it too.. But it's grammatically correct and has been that way for ages.
That actually makes sense. I feel the whole question should start being explained somewhere along those lines but isn't.

Not sure how that'll change my acceptance of the terminology when/if settles in, but at least in a sentence when referring to someone, it's indeed quite natural.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

That actually makes sense. I feel the whole question should start being explained somewhere along those lines but isn't.

Not sure how that'll change my acceptance of the terminology when/if settles in, but at least in a sentence when referring to someone, it's indeed quite natural.

It's also just really natural to say "he/she" when your brain recognizes what you perceive as he or she as language is more clear the more specific you are.

Anyways it's all just kinda weird to me but I also find it kinda harmless. It really is a tiny fraction of people lol

Ionian

Jail him in a male section for the love of God. He's non-binary, let him try his antics there as a known groomer.

He ain't Sonic. His antics have gone beyond silly/funny to simply dangerous to those vulnerable.

EDIT: Fuck it alternate weeks/months between both.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Absolutely. It's exactly what they need more of to turn the ship around.
I love comic books and superheroes, but if we are going to be inundated with them, DC movies will save us all by at least taking risks with each one. I love announcements like this, it keeps things fresh.

Ionian

He has the disposition of a mad king whom the French peasantry eventually send to the guillotine, makeup and all.

But will the guillotine have to slide up or down. So many questions ...

EDIT: Forgot sideways and diagonal.

Last edited:

Fbh

Oh so he is also a pedo? Can't say it's too surprising.

I really don't get how people like him get cast in such an important role for a multi million movie franchise.
"Should we hire someone relatively normal like that dude that plays the Flash on the CW show? Nah, lets go with this weird deranged dude that clearly has severe mental health issues. What can go wrong?"

I have no idea what's going on but it seems like there's a lot of nut jobs in the past couple of months.

You have this fuck nut, you have whack jobs on message boards and social media (more than usual or just more triggered) and you have all these mass shooters.

I mean the lockdowns are pretty much ending for covid so what else could it be?

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I don't think WB will cancel this. This is basically their No Way Home. Maybe they will do reshoots so that Michael Keaton's Batman has even bigger role. Then they can focus on him when marketing the movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom