• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB hits pause on all Ezra Miller projects (including DC appearances)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I hope this abusive asshole gets fired from the flash. Why didn't they just use the kid from the show? They keep this guy on but let Affleck and Cavill go?

Eh the difference is that he already filmed these roles and finished the movies before all the recent problems arose. He has one questionable incident years ago that went nowhere before his recent films. Depp got dropped from stuff he hadn't finished or filmed yet

Jennings

In too deep.

Warner Brothers has come to a decision: Nothing can stop this train.

According to a new report from Variety, it sounds like Warner Bros. is already far too committed to The Flash movie to even consider burying it under the rug or shunting it off to a lower-profile HBO Max debut, giving the studio no choice but to stick to its theatrical release plan and hope for the best. Variety’s sources say that, “barring unforeseen developments,” The Flash simply “cost too much money” to be scrapped and it “likely will not generate the revenues needed to turn a profit without playing in theaters.” (Congratulations to those who remain faithful to the movie theater, as that latter point seems like another indication that HBO Max isn’t the future of the industry.)

Of course, unlike with Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore, which replaced Johnny Depp with Mads Mikkelsen early on, it would be very difficult and expensive to take Miller out of The Flash. They’re the title character, after all, and Variety’s “insiders” say that replacing them would require “reshooting the entire movie.” Seeing as how it “already cost hundreds of millions” to make the movie the first time (to say nothing of the years in development hell), it’s just unfeasible for Warner Bros. to even consider that

sol_bad

It would be extremely stupid to dump The Flash on HBO Max. Even if it fails at the box office it still would have made more money than if it was released on HBO Max only.

FunkMiller

This movie deserves to be a failure anyway for the cynical reasons for its existence, but doubly so from propping up this little shitbag. Hopefully WB just crap it out with minimal fuss, so they don’t send good money after bad.

ahtlas7

So this nervous twit will be waiting tables at my fave Mexican restaurant soon. I’ll have to keep a sharp eye. Dude may try to steal my credit card.

FunkMiller

Reading anything about this guy is kinda confusing.

What could possibly be confusing about referring to an individual as they, while also referring to a company as they, and groups of people as they?

They aren’t popular with the company they’re working for because they aren’t sure that they can be trusted with their IP. Fans are divided over whether they like them anymore.

See? Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

taizuke

WB is playing with fire. Ezra seems like an unstable person and sooner or later he might do something he can't come back from which in term will end up costing them the very same thing they're trying to avoid.

But, hopefully I'm wrong.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What could possibly be confusing about referring to an individual as they, while also referring to a company as they, and groups of people as they?

They aren’t popular with the company they’re working for because they aren’t sure that they can be trusted with their IP. Fans are divided over whether they like them anymore.

See? Makes perfect sense.

I actually understood all that because we have context.

Also, I'm Southern so a lot of southerners talk like that... Even when referring to 2 people.

Also: Ezra identifies as non-binary. It doesn't mean they think they're more than one person... They just don't identify as JUST male or JUST female. The only other word that has a nondescript meaning is "they". So they (nonbinary people) use it as pronoun.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I actually understood all that because we have context.

Also, I'm Southern so a lot of southerners talk like that... Even when referring to 2 people.

Also: Ezra identifies as non-binary. It doesn't mean they think they're more than one person... They just don't identify as JUST male or JUST female. The only other word that has a nondescript meaning is "they". So they (nonbinary people) use it as pronoun.

I'm not suggesting he thinks he's more than one person. I'm suggesting that the use of the word 'they' to refer to an individual is grammatically incorrect in this context, when the biological sex of the individual is known. I'm all for people being able to identify as whatever they hell they like, but I'm not for blanket alterations to the English language that can lead to confusion. This stuff is important. Inconsistencies or errors in language can lead to serious misunderstandings, which can affect people's safety and security at the sharp end of things. If non-binary people want to refer to themselves as 'they' that's their prerogative. But the rest of us shouldn't do so as well, given the potential ramifications.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
Really wish people would stop connecting Ezra's choice of pronouns to their erratic behavior. Plenty of LGBTQ+ people go through their whole lives without assaulting anyone or behaving like deranged assholes. This person is not "proof" of whatever stereotype people wanna push about LGBTQ+ people and mental health. Not just talking about on here either I just mean in general. I have seen people across social media using this persons individual problems and using it as a bludgeon to show how "wrong" people like them are and spout the usual outdated nonsense about LGBTQ+ mental health etc etc.

Shit on them if you want and get mad at their behavior if you want. Hell shit on their acting and attribute it to their behind the scenes bullshit if you want, but that doesn't mean you need to use their behavior to push whatever preconceived prejudices you have against people of a similar lifestyle to them. Their problems are THEIR problems. They are not indicative of the entire group.

While your intentions are good I have to say it reads like shit. These pronouns things are not doable man.

ManaByte

I'm not suggesting he thinks he's more than one person. I'm suggesting that the use of the word 'they' to refer to an individual is grammatically incorrect in this context, when the biological sex of the individual is known. I'm all for people being able to identify as whatever they hell they like, but I'm not for blanket alterations to the English language that can lead to confusion. This stuff is important. Inconsistencies or errors in language can lead to serious misunderstandings, which can affect people's safety and security at the sharp end of things. If non-binary people want to refer to themselves as 'they' that's their prerogative. But the rest of us shouldn't do so as well, given the potential ramifications.
Who do they think they are, The Borg?

Teslerum

After a moment of googling Ezra

I barely identify as a human.

This question got me to wonder if our current law even applies to beings that do not or just barely consider themselves human. How do need to look at these cases legally?

I mean I'm kind of shitposting, but now I'm actually thinking about it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Now Ezra is bein accused of grooming.

Obviously future projects are out but I wonder what WB will do with the Flash movie.

Top Bottom