• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wave Race 64 or Fzero?

You know the drill

• Fzero

• Wave Race 64

Results are only viewable after voting.

carlosrox

Banned
I love Wave Race 64 and agree that it hasn't really been topped yet (the sequel on GC just didn't follow up with the right vibe in terms of music/atmosphere) but I'm still gonna go with F-Zero.

After Metroid F-Zero is definitely the Nintendo series that needs to make a comeback next

Then Wave Race and Pilot Wings.

Aldric

I like F Zero better but Waverace is an underrated series, really good arcade racer. Nintendo should make a game called Nintendo Xtreme Sports or something that'd include Waverace, Excite Bike, 1080° Snowboarding and Pilotwings.

I like both? I actually play them back-to-back with Diddy Kong Racing.

I'm not gonna pick between these two, because I'm grateful they exist.

But ngl, it makes me want to buy the new Cruis'n Blast on the Switch.

Last edited:

Grechy34

I love Fzero.

It's one of the best racing series ever created.

Let me blow your mind.

Wave Race blows it out of the water.

Not a single game in history since it has released has been able to replicate the physics of actually interacting with the push and pull of the water like Wave Race 64.

The controls are simple, yet elegant, and the learning curb is so steep. The balance and weight distribution of your jetski's is unparalleled.

The courses are all so unique and brilliantly designed. Whether you're in gorgeous Sunset Bay or the forboding waters of Marine Fortress, every course has it's own pulse.

I know a lot of friends of mine who didn't like Wave Race as much, and you know why? They sucked at it. 4 player local muliplayer sessions at my house revealed all.

Until you've mastered every course on the highest difficulty with Dan Mariner, or broke your own stunt records with M. Jeter a hundred times you don't know the Wave Race 64 I do, the greatest racer ever.

So go ahead and vote for your Fzero. It's okay, you don't know any better. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

It's amazing that as a person who's ridden Jet Skis since a young kid how close the n64 got to recreating the water physics. Absolutely amazing and massively underappreciated.

spookyfish

In this context, WaveRace 64 for me. Those first “tech-demo” N64 games are indelibly etched in my mind.

If you’re asking which I want for a sequel, though—F-Zero. No contest.

Ozzie666

In this context, WaveRace 64 for me. Those first “tech-demo” N64 games are indelibly etched in my mind.

If you’re asking which I want for a sequel, though—F-Zero. No contest.

I would say WaveRace 64 definitely made more of an impact when it was release compared to F-zero on SNES, partially because for mode 7, first game that comes to mind is Mario Kart. So WR was a bigger lasting impression for me, also it was pretty early and dry on the N64, but the water and controls were just fresh and new.

When we get to sequels, the narrative changes. The follow up's for F-Zero are far superior including the Sega arcade experience.

Top Bottom