• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs: Legion: Bloodline DLC Announce Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Aiden Pearce is back! Discover Bloodline, the expansion that brings Aiden and Wrench back to Watch Dogs!

Set before the events of the main game, Aiden Pearce leaves Chicago for London where he will take over a contract and reunite with Wrench and his nephew Jackson. Caught between a powerful military robotics corporation and a returning DedSec member with an opposing agenda, Aiden must rely on his grit and experience to navigate a hostile city, try to outmaneuver his enemies, and keep his family intact.

Bloodline is part of the Season Pass. Available July 6th, 2021.

I'm fucking amazed how Ubisoft keeps teasing Aiden in Watch Dogs like he was some staple character in the series, but refusing to actually continue his story from WD 1.

You gave the character one game and buried him in embarrassment, and now all of a sudden he's an iconic character?

Just give us a proper sequel to Watch Dogs 1 before you Sam Fisher this character in every damn future game, at least.

Aion002

I always wondered if it was possible for this game to be even more boring.... It seems it is... Even robots are boring on this game.

Mtv Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Umbral

Can we some more colons in our titles?

To think we could have gotten an amazing Splinter Cell and instead we have Watch Dogs. Disappointing.

Rickyiez

Not at all. Game is amazing. So, hard disagree there.

Looking forward to this DLC. I never jumped on the bandwagon meme that Aiden sucked so I definitely wanna play as him. He's the Chris Redfield of the series. He's the Alan Grant of the series.
Well you're not wrong because Chris Redfield is a terribly bland character and Aiden is similar but 10 times worse .

Ubisoft is creatively bankrupt TBH

Kerotan

I'm fucking amazed how Ubisoft keeps teasing Aiden in Watch Dogs like he was some staple character in the series, but refusing to actually continue his story from WD 1.

You gave the character one game and buried him in embarrassment, and now all of a sudden he's an iconic character?

Just give us a proper sequel to Watch Dogs 1 before you Sam Fisher this character in every damn future game, at least.
His character was way cooler then the main guy in WD2.

His character was way cooler then the main guy in WD2.
Dude, I enjoyed playing as Aiden than whoever his name was in WD2.

The point was that Ubisoft keeps shoving him in every WD game but refuses to actually give a proper sequel to his story because they ran scared over the criticisms over the character which resulted the "how do you do kids" 190 flip into WD2 going all vibrant and EDM on us.

It's like cashing in on Sam Fisher in DLC's in multiple games, but without ever giving Aiden a chance to shine to be an iconic character of the franchise - it's annoying.

Either let the character play out his story, or just leave him in obscurity instead of using it as some wet towel of a marketing tool.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Not at all. Game is amazing. So, hard disagree there.

Looking forward to this DLC. I never jumped on the bandwagon meme that Aiden sucked so I definitely wanna play as him. He's the Chris Redfield of the series. He's the Alan Grant of the series.
Ubisoft and EA love gamers like you.

junguler

Banned
i loved watch dogs and watch dogs 2 for different reasons but this game doesn't look like a real watch dogs to me, it tries to do too much and none of it seems interesting, they're even trying to do a zombie spin-off of this which baffles me.

Kerotan

Dude, I enjoyed playing as Aiden than whoever his name was in WD2.

The point was that Ubisoft keeps shoving him in every WD game but refuses to actually give a proper sequel to his story because they ran scared over the criticisms over the character which resulted the "how do you do kids" 190 flip into WD2 going all vibrant and EDM on us.

It's like cashing in on Sam Fisher in DLC's in multiple games, but without ever giving Aiden a chance to shine to be an iconic character of the franchise - it's annoying.

Either let the character play out his story, or just leave him in obscurity instead of using it as some wet towel of a marketing tool.
He should get a sequel. The woke crowd wanted him cancelled bad because he was white and male. But then they went for a nerdy black guy with a shit personality.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Of all of Ubisoft's 'climb tower to open map' games, many of which I like, Watch Dogs is the one I give the least of a shit about. I got Legion with my 3080 for free and I STILL feel ripped off. It's just horrible in every way.

SJRB

Gold Member
Name a franchise that went steeper off a cliff in three iterations, I dare you.

Ubisoft absolutely trainwrecked an IP with incredible potential and I am baffled how this happened. Sure the first one was not perfect by any stretch and hindered by Ubi insisting it be a multigenerational title resulting in a final game that in no way lives up to the insanely hyped E3 gameplay demo. Ubi fucked up and fucked up hard with that. But it brought innovative gameplay and novel concepts in a gritty and atmospheric game.

The second is a complete 180 and by my guess caused by the backlash over the first one being too dark, sombre and "edgy". It maintained a lot of core elements but spruced it up with bright colors and cheerful banter while at the same time keeping the dystopian 1984 theme, albeit more in the background.

The third one is just... I don't even know why this is a Watchdogs game, honestly. Wouldn't surprise me if we discover 10 years from now that this was a completely different game that ran into some development barriers so they slapped the watchdogs name on it and copied some mechanics from it.
It is so utterly bad, soulless, unrewarding, poorly structured, barebones mishmash of random ideas that makes me wonder just what the hell happened. Was the team just too big to keep oversight? Surely at some point during testing they must've seen how poor all the mechanics mesh together?
It also doesn't help that London is a miserable place to drive through, a blur of brown and grey.

With Watchdogs down the drain, Ghost Recon still recovering from the absolute piledriver that is Breakpoint, Splinter Cell is MIA for ages, I'm not having a lot of faith in Ubi.

Sybrix

Another Ubisoft game that fails to deliver, what a waste this company has become.

There was a time when you would get excited at the announcement of a new Ubisoft game, now it fills you with dread.

MMaRsu

Banned
He should get a sequel. The woke crowd wanted him cancelled bad because he was white and male. But then they went for a nerdy black guy with a shit personality.
Revisionism much? It has zero absolutely zero to do with 'the woke crowd'. There was no 'woke' bs surrounding Watch Dogs 1. Least of all bc its main character.

Aiden Pierce was a boring fucking character, thats why they changed it to someone else. Thats it, nothing else

Bluecondor

Revisionism much? It has zero absolutely zero to do with 'the woke crowd'. There was no 'woke' bs surrounding Watch Dogs 1. Least of all bc its main character.

Aiden Pierce was a boring fucking character, thats why they changed it to someone else. Thats it, nothing else
I agree. I really wanted to like the first Watch Dogs game, but Aiden Pearce and everything around him was just so boring. I played that game for about 20 hours, and I honestly can't remember a single thing about him. He is like a dry piece of toast with no butter.

Bluecondor

The third one is just... I don't even know why this is a Watchdogs game, honestly. Wouldn't surprise me if we discover 10 years from now that this was a completely different game that ran into some development barriers so they slapped the watchdogs name on it and copied some mechanics from it.
It is so utterly bad, soulless, unrewarding, poorly structured, barebones mishmash of random ideas that makes me wonder just what the hell happened. Was the team just too big to keep oversight? Surely at some point during testing they must've seen how poor all the mechanics mesh together?
It also doesn't help that London is a miserable place to drive through, a blur of brown and grey.
I agree. I enjoyed parts of the game at times, but taken together, there's just nothing there. The story in particular just feels like one of those low quality spy movies that gets released direct-to-video.

I think the biggest feature of this DLC is that it apparently also lets you play the entire main campaign as Aiden or Wrench. Not quite sure how they're going to pull that off, but boy is that an admission that their original approach was a total failure.

Miles708

Ubisoft is creatively bankrupt TBH

This. It has been kinda outstanding witnessing such a massive company become increasingly soulless and unremarkable.
It's like all creative decisions must pass through hundreds of white collar drones and heaps of focus groups, where every glimpse of life gets systematically analyzed and stripped off with cold mechanical precision.

Ubisoft games are made, marketed and supported by people dead inside.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the opening minutes of the latest DLC for Watch Dogs: Legion. Set before the events of the main game, the original protagonist for Watch Dogs 1, Aiden Pearce, leaves Chicago for London where he will take over a contract and reunite with Watch Dogs 2's Wrench and his nephew Jackson.

Last edited:
I cant even play it on xbox,I have the season pass and it still wants me to buy it it’s not even present when I go to manage game.

Last edited:

East of Odessa

Neo Member
Not only did I forget this title shipped, but they are doing DLC for it? Why?

I thought the initial release already did not include the stuff that was promised, so if this DLC adds it... that's lame.

Denton

I am playing Bloodline now and it feels like the Watch Dogs 1 sequel I wanted and never got (until now). I am 13 hours in and still haven't finished it, so it is a decent chunk of game.
Really enjoying it. And playing as Wrench in second part is fun too, especially his dialogue with Jordi Chin.

At launch I hated the game, because it ran like shit on my PC and I disliked the lack of proper protagonist.

But now it runs much better (on that same PC), and Bloodline is what the game should have been. However, I can apparently play as Aiden and Wrench even in the main campaign, so I will play that too once I finish Bloodline.

Also, it is fun to finally get a city action game set in Europe for once. And in a city I visited. Less 90 degree streets, yay.

watchdogslegionscreen97kty.png

Give us a proper sequel to his story already! And bring back the blackouts from WD1 while they're at it!

That is what Bloodline is. And while I don't think full blackout is available, Aiden does have a tool to shut down all electronics nearby.

Last edited:
Top Bottom