• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Legion ‘will take full advantage’ of PS5 and Scarlett.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch Dogs Legion and the other titles will take “full advantage” of PS5 and Scarlett’s new features, including faster download times and improved frame rates.

Both PS5 and Xbox Scarlett are set to release in late 2020.

“On the five titles yes, they will be on this generation and the next generation of consoles and they will take full advantage of all the new features that are coming with the machines, which are actually going to be extremely interesting for players,” he said.

“You will be able to download new content a lot faster, players will experience a better framerate… there are lots of very good elements that will come with those new machines.”

However, Ubisoft said it’s happy to have a number of titles around the PS5 and Scarlett launch window, as it feels its game will benefit from the increased marketing of Xbox and PlayStation.

“We consider the new consoles will actually boost the market quite a lot,” said Guillemot.

“What happens with those new consoles is that Sony and Microsoft are coming with a good volume with those new machines. So there’s going to be lots of marketing that will increase the market potential.

“What is important is when you come early on the next generation of consoles, you can sell your games for a long time. We are very happy to be close to the launch of those consoles, because it’s going to benefit all of the games that we will launch.

“That doesn’t mean we’re not also happy to have games coming in 2022 that will have more console installed base, but here the new console arrival will help tremendously.”

CFO Frederick Duguet added: “With the last [console launch] we had Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, which was one of the biggest games ever for Ubisoft, so it worked very well.”

Coflash

“We consider the new consoles will actually boost the market quite a lot,” said Guillemot.

there’s going to be lots of marketing that will increase the market potential.

What is important is when you come early on the next generation of consoles, you can sell your games for a long time.

We are very happy to be close to the launch of those consoles, because it’s going to benefit all of the games that we will launch.

No way!

NeoGiffer

Watch Dogs Legion and the other titles will take “full advantage” of PS5 and Scarlett’s new features, including faster download times and improved frame rates.

tenor.gif

Breakage

All this talk and focus on next gen's speedy read times in regard to hard drives makes me wonder whether it's all being done to divert attention away from potential issues with storage capacity.

sublimit

Banned
No game that comes out in the launch window of new platforms can take "full advantage" of them. Not even first party titles.

So yeah more PR bullshit from Ubi$oft.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
All this talk and focus on next gen's speedy read times in regard to hard drives makes me wonder whether it's all being done to divert attention away from potential issues with storage capacity.

i'm still curious about what kind of capacity we're getting. i really can't see them sticking in a 2TB drive which should be the minimum capacity for next gen. i just recently bought myself a 2TB nvme drive and it cost £370. i could buy myself an xbox one x for that price! i know it's not EXACTLY the same thing and sony/ms will get a discount on large orders but the point i'm getting at is that large capacity ssds are EXPENSIVE. here i expect the PS5 to cost about £450-550. prices would need to come down significantly to fit within that budget. no wonder we keep hearing about how next gen consoles are gonna be expensive. they're getting people prepared.

my bet is on this:

a small capacity SSD in the range of 256-512GB. this would be used to store the OS, apps, and however many games you can get on it. you could fill that up with loads of small games if you wanted or maybe a few large titles. you'd put your favorite games on the SSD to get the best performance. you wouldn't be able to replace/upgrade the SSD since it'll likely be attached to the motherboard.

a larger capacity HDD. maybe comes with a stock 2TB drive. this is where you'd store all your other games. if you want more space you can replace it as you normally would on a PS3/PS4.

this kind of set up is popular on PC. for example, my PC has a 256GB boot drive where I have windows installed along with my programs and game clients. all my games are stored on my 2TB ssd. Also, maybe the base PS5/XB2 come with a small 256-512GB ssd and any Pro/X models would come with maybe 1TB.

that's what i think because i really just can't see them making all the storage solid state. it's simply too expensive.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I think it's going to be a 1TB 5400rpm with a non consumer NAND like 64GB or a supplementary 64GB NVMe.

Cant see Tier 1 performant storage being used in either console as primary only.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think it's going to be a 1TB 5400rpm with a non consumer NAND like 64GB or a supplementary 64GB NVMe.

Cant see Tier 1 performant storage being used in either console as primary only.

With current gen games going at 140+GB, a 64GB SSD wouldn't be enough for even MW.

iNvid02

I guess their co-marketing contract with the console manufacturers says Yves has to get out there and build up hype as well to push early adoption.

Expecting a few more bells and whistles (which should equate to a nicer PC version as well hopefully), but it looks like a standard gen game

Breakage

i'm still curious about what kind of capacity we're getting. i really can't see them sticking in a 2TB drive which should be the minimum capacity for next gen. i just recently bought myself a 2TB nvme drive and it cost £370. i could buy myself an xbox one x for that price! i know it's not EXACTLY the same thing and sony/ms will get a discount on large orders but the point i'm getting at is that large capacity ssds are EXPENSIVE. here i expect the PS5 to cost about £450-550. prices would need to come down significantly to fit within that budget. no wonder we keep hearing about how next gen consoles are gonna be expensive. they're getting people prepared.

my bet is on this:

a small capacity SSD in the range of 256-512GB. this would be used to store the OS, apps, and however many games you can get on it. you could fill that up with loads of small games if you wanted or maybe a few large titles. you'd put your favorite games on the SSD to get the best performance. you wouldn't be able to replace/upgrade the SSD since it'll likely be attached to the motherboard.

a larger capacity HDD. maybe comes with a stock 2TB drive. this is where you'd store all your other games. if you want more space you can replace it as you normally would on a PS3/PS4.

this kind of set up is popular on PC. for example, my PC has a 256GB boot drive where I have windows installed along with my programs and game clients. all my games are stored on my 2TB ssd. Also, maybe the base PS5/XB2 come with a small 256-512GB ssd and any Pro/X models would come with maybe 1TB.

that's what i think because i really just can't see them making all the storage solid state. it's simply too expensive.
Isn't the current expectation a 1TB HDD as standard? If so, that's laughably small. With games breaking the 100GB barrier, it really looks as if next gen is gonna involve a lot of deleting and reinstalling. For me the prospect of this is more frustrating than having to put up with a few loading screens. Most of the talk, from what I've read thus far, has been about lightning fast load times and seamless transitions between game areas.
They don't seem to be devoting anywhere near the amount of time to talking about how many games can be stored on the standard drive that ships. Perhaps they are hoping people will buy really expensive wired “memory cards” in the form of external drives to cope with the lack of space on the standard drives that ship.

Last edited:

Bkdk

I bet Ubisoft can’t even create that level of cloth and destruction physics shown in 2012 watch dogs demo to work in ps5 and Scarlett.

Nice, I will be able to download content faster next gen...

I'm not speeding my internet up though...so I'm guessing the new next gen features are streaming related, cloud service related or bending spacetime related.

NickFire

If it’s still cross-gen then it’s taking full advantage of nothing.
I've got no beef with cross gen games in the initial years after a new generation launches. I'm at complete peace with the business reasons for it.
But claiming that cross gen games take full advantage of next gen is false in my opinion. My view might be in the minority, which is fine, but to suggest that they will take full advantage is a tad much for what I consider ethical spin or marketing.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My release date prediction for Watch Dogs Legion is November 20th alongside PlayStation 5 as im expecting Sony to have the marketing rights to the game like they did with Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2.

Looking forward to Legion but im way more hyped for Assassin's Creed 2020 as im expecting it to launch for current gen in October and next gen in November. 7 more months and I can kiss this generation goodbye!!!

Hard for me to believe a game takes “full advantage” of either console if it’s cross-gen. To me, “full advantage” means the SSDs are vital to how the engine is utilized.

Top Bottom