• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown Announced !

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
After the success of Wasteland 3, InXile is about to release it's first expansion

be399c5b8990fc0bf85a19c2930549a70fcf6604.png

Synopsis:
"The towering factory complex of Steeltown manufactures all the tech that keeps Colorado running and the Patriarch in power—trucks, armor, weapons, and robots.

But deliveries from Steeltown have stopped cold, and all the Patriarch is getting from Abigail Markham—Steeltown's leader—are excuses. When he sends the Rangers to investigate, they find the place is a powder keg with the fuse already lit.
The workers are striking, bandits raid with impunity, and nobody is allowed through the gates, not even on the business of the Patriarch.

Without help, Steeltown could crash and burn for good, and take Markham with it—but maybe that's just what it needs."

Particularity:
  • Traverse the Steeltown manufacturing complex alone or in co-op
  • Take on challenging new quests, face off against new robotic enemies, and solve the mystery at the heart of Steeltown however you see fit.
  • New mechanics like devastating telegraphed attacks, stacking status effects, elemental shields, and non-lethal weapons
  • Combat and gear scaling means that both new and returning players can enter Steeltown during their playthroughs
  • Story and cast of characters that adapt to the decisions you’ve already made.
  • Expands the base game with new enemies, weapons, armor, and world map encounters.
  • Music Supervisor Mary Ramos and Composer Mark Morgan return with original scores and new post-apocalyptic inspired covers.

The Battle of Steeltown is the first expansion for Wasteland 3 and will be available for $13.99 on June 3, 2021.

GHG

Gold Member
Added to wishlist, looks excellent.

How many expansions are we expecting for this game? If there will be multiple I think I'll just hold off and wait for the inevitable expansion pass.

xrnzaaas

Wait so gamepass lacks dlc? .
That is dumb as hell

who pays for dlc to own(pay to own). when the base game (rent) can go away in 1 month.
I think it's like that with other games as well. They assume you're gonna want to spend extra to get the expansion(s) and Wasteland 3 shouldn't leave Game Pass since inXile is owned by Microsoft now.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Added to wishlist, looks excellent.

How many expansions are we expecting for this game? If there will be multiple I think I'll just hold off and wait for the inevitable expansion pass.
Since they clearly specify this is the first expansion, we can expect at least two but no info on this for now.

Chukhopops

That is dumb as hell

who pays for dlc to own(pay to own). when the base game (rent) can go away in 1 month.
It won’t go away since InXile is first party.
I might be wrong but I think Destiny and The Master Chief Collection are the only Gamepass titles that include expansions
A lot of EA Play games are also the Ultimate Edition (Titanfall 2, DA:Inquisition, NFS games, etc.). But Paradox games for example have no DLC included which is annoying since there are a million of them.

On topic, Wasteland 3 is great so I’m looking forward to it.

jaysius

Banned
I won’t pay a dime for dlc, the base game was ok, barely better than 2, full of fucking bugs and ran like shit on the base Xbox One.

Isa

Are we able to play the expansion from the main menu after beating the game or will I have to load an earlier save? Not crucial or anything, just curious. Also really enjoyed the game, it was fantastic and the music was great. InXile is one of MS's best purchases.

Last edited:

Bkdk

Might play it, however the lack of robust modding support is quite the disappointment. Usually when there is new dlc I’d love to replay the whole thing with a lot of mods.

Chukhopops

Are we able to play the expansion from the main menu after beating the game or will I have to load an earlier save? Not crucial or anything, just curious. Also really enjoyed the game, it was fantastic and the music was great. InXile is one of MS's best purchases.
Since they say the Patriarch sends you there it’s probably before
you can choose to go against the Patriarch and join Angela.

But the game creates a save before the point of no return so it should be ok.

Reactions: Isa

mcjmetroid

I really enjoyed my time with this game but I was kinda done when it was over.
It eventually became a little bit if a slog so no I don't have much desire to play an expansion but will be there for wasteland 4.

That is dumb as hell

Gamepass isn't for you if you want to make a collection or into replaying old games.

I can see people buying dlc once credit roll in a game you liked a lot and want more.

It's a way of supporting Dev's too. Ofcourse if you are feeling generous you can get complete package.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Gamepass isn't for you if you want to make a collection or into replaying old games.

I can see people buying dlc once credit roll in a game you liked a lot and want more.

It's a way of supporting Dev's too. Ofcourse if you are feeling generous you can get complete package.
That’s the point why get the complete package. When you have it?

or don’t buy the main game. Buy the DLC to get get stuck with nothing..when main game goes poof.

mind you that dlc that functions without the main game is genius. (Starcraft expansion2 ) And should be supported by fans. But the other way around does not work for gamepass imo.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to Steeltown!

The Rangers aren't exactly welcomed with open arms, but what's taking them to the towering factory complex of Steeltown, which keeps Colorado's engines running? Find out in this narrative overview.

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown is the first narrative expansion for the critically acclaimed Wasteland 3 from inXile entertainment.

That is dumb as hell

Can't go anywhere Microsoft first party on Gamepass for good. Also just to note any game on Gamepass can be purchased for a discount compared to just buying it. I'll be getting the DLC cheap as chips for hours of entertainment.

anthony2690

Banned
That is dumb as hell

Microsoft owns the wasteland ip and inxile the developers.
I can't imagine the game will leave the service unless it had licensed music like the forza horizon titles.

Is wasteland 3 worth trying/playing?

I think the closest thing I've played game wise is gears tactics, but I was pretty burnt out towards the end (forced side missions ruined that game, and it was pretty repetitive towards the end)

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
That is dumb as hell

According to MS and what I see on forums, loads of people do. MS games stay on the service forever anyway and besides Rockstar games I can’t think of a single game that stayed on the service for less than 6 months.

And you can always buy the game for a discount if you want to own it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to Steeltown!

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown is the first narrative expansion for the critically acclaimed Wasteland 3 from inXile entertainment.

The towering factory complex of Steeltown manufactures all the tech that keeps Colorado running and the Patriarch in power—trucks, armor, weapons, and robots. But deliveries from Steeltown have stopped cold, and all the Patriarch is getting from Abigail Markham—Steeltown's leader—are excuses. When he sends the Rangers to investigate, they find the place is a powder keg with the fuse already lit. The workers are striking, bandits raid with impunity, and nobody is allowed through the gates, not even on the business of the Patriarch. Without help, Steeltown could crash and burn for good, and take Markham with it—but maybe that's just what it needs. The Rangers will have to decide that for themselves.

When is the base game going to get a decent sale? It's been over a year and it only goes down $10 or 20 max. I remember wasteland 2 hitting $20 not long after release.
I heard the story, characters and rpg mechanics aren't as in depth, and this game is more consolized /casualized instead of what wasteland 2 was. Is that right?
I loved wasteland 2 but this game just doesn't have the same appeal to me for some reason and I can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom