• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was the GT6 install always this painful?

Was GT6 install times always this painful?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Your PS3 is obviously broken

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skit_data

I got my disc of Gran Turismo 6 back from a friend and thought
”Ah, I haven’t played GT6 since the PS3 days. I’m just gonna play a little bit”.

Now I’m here, 14+ hours later and the game is still installing.

It started off by copying roughly 2GB of data from the disc to the HDD (took around 1,5 - 2 hours). After that it said there was an update to download and this is where the sh*t hits the fan:

After doing nothing but saying ”Installing” for another 30 mins, it starts to approximate the remaining time: 1200 minutes left.
This then slowly ticks down to about 200 minutes.

”Fine”, I said. I’ll just leave it on and go to bed.

The following morning, I notice that my PS3 had turned itself off. A little anxious about what I would come to find I turned it on. I start GT6.
”Approximately 1200 minutes left.

Panic ensues, but I was wrong. After several failed attempts it seems all the downloaded data had been corrupted because the install fails several times.

I delete all data on the PS3, GT6 and everything else. I reinstall GT6 and download the update.
1200 minutes remain. 600 minutes remain.

Now it’s at 5 minutes remain. But it’s been like that for 3 hours now. The progress bar is slowly filling up. Where will I be when it’s completed? Who knows? Will I live?

NewChoppa

Banned
Yeah, it was. GT6 probably has the worst install process of any game I’ve ever played

Unfortunately, you’re gonna have to delete the game and start updating it again while also monitoring what patches get installed to the PS3. GT6 doesn’t like it when you try to install multiple patches at the same time, and won’t install the patches if you downloaded every single patch in a huge chunk.

It’s super unintuitive, but you’re gonna have to install each patch one by one until you get to the most recently released one in order to actually install the game correctly.

Last edited:
Yes, it was always that awful. The game always seemed like it need to install everything twice.

Also, I think you had to install each update one by one or else they would fail. If you're starting from the beginning, be prepared to spend up to a few days going back and forth to check on your PS3.

skit_data

Yeah, it was. GT6 probably has the worst install process of any game I’ve ever played

Unfortunately, you’re gonna have to delete the game and start updating it again while also monitoring what patches get installed to the PS3. GT6 doesn’t like it when you try to install multiple patches at the same time, and simply won’t install the patches if you downloaded every single patch in a huge chunk.

It’s super unintuitive, but you’re gonna have to install each patch one by one until you get to the most recently released one in order to actually install the game correctly.
Yes, it was always that awful. The game always seemed like it need to install everything twice.

Also, I think you had to install each update one by one or else they would fail. If you're starting from the beginning, be prepared to spend up to a few days going back and forth to check on your PS3.
Wow, I played it on release so I guess I never had the full install+patches full week experience. I think I might just play offline.

Top Bottom