• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was the 1990 NFL season the greatest in history?

pramod

Banned
Most of you kids probably don't remember, but the 80s were an incredible time for the NFL, and it was capped off by what was probably the most epic season ever, the 1990 NFL season.

That was the season the NY Giants ended the Joe Montana 49ers dynasty in one of the greatest upsets of all time in the NFC championship game, and went on to stop the Bills from beginning
their own dynasty in the legendary Superbowl 25.

I mean there's been other great seasons with great teams, exciting playoff games and Superbowls, etc.
But I don't think there has been one quite like 1990 with the storylines, rivalries, and ending with two of the most dramatic games of all time.

I think some runner ups would be 2000(Patriots upset Rams) and 2007(Giants upset undefeated Patriots).

Velcro Fly

All I remember about this season was that this super bowl was the one Ray taped over his wedding video on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Also poor Scott Norwood.

SpiceRacz

The 1999 season when the Rams won the superbowl would be my pick. Trent Green goes down and the Rams are expected to have another losing season. Kurt Warner fills in and leads the team to having the most prolific offense the NFL had ever seen to that point. It all culminates in what's considered by many to be the best Superbowl ever. This moment is iconic.

gettyimages-2012587.jpg

That was the season the NY Giants ended the Joe Montana 49ers dynasty in one of the greatest upsets of all time in the NFC championship game, and went on to stop the Bills from beginning
their own dynasty in the legendary Superbowl 25.

I think some runner ups would be 2000(Patriots upset Rams) and 2007(Giants upset undefeated Patriots).
tumblr_mrk4u7f9b61qldd7bo1_500.gif

Top Bottom