• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Ocelot gay? (MGS Spoilers)

I came across something interesting while watching a japanese V-tuber play Metal Gear Solid 1.
Apparently, after beating Vulcan Raven in the tank battle, when Raven talks with Ocelot, there's dialogue that was removed from the English version of the game. Or at least interpreted differently than the literal meaning.

私はあいつを愛してしまったようだ。あいつを可愛がってやりたい。

Which seems to translate to something like he might have fallen in love with Snake and wants to show him his love. It might be merely a showing of Ocelot's sadistic twisted side, but looking at the series overall (like parts of MGS3 that heavily hint to something along these lines) and searching for it on the internet, it seems like Ocelot at least might be bi or Bi[g Boss]-sexual.

The English lines just say:
Ocelot: Well, Snake is mine now... When I meet him next, I'll take special care of him.

Any thoughts guys? The differences between JP and ENG MGS seems to be a lot more than what I imagined there to be.

GrayFoxPL

I came across something interesting while watching a japanese V-tuber play Metal Gear Solid 1.
Apparently, after beating Vulcan Raven in the tank battle, when Raven talks with Ocelot, there's dialogue that was removed from the English version of the game. Or at least interpreted differently than the literal meaning.

私はあいつを愛してしまったようだ。あいつを可愛がってやりたい。

Which seems to translate to something like he might have fallen in love with Snake and wants to show him his love. It might be merely a showing of Ocelot's sadistic twisted side, but looking at the series overall (like parts of MGS3 that heavily hint to something along these lines) and searching for it on the internet, it seems like Ocelot at least might be bi or Bi[g Boss]-sexual.

The English lines just say:
Ocelot: Well, Snake is mine now... When I meet him next, I'll take special care of him.

Any thoughts guys? The differences between JP and ENG MGS seems to be a lot more than what I imagined there to be.

They talked about it on reddit(click):

Seems it's super hard to translate if you aren't a native speaker and don't catch all the nuances of the language.

Might mean everything.

Last edited:
Seems it's super hard to translate if you aren't a native speaker and don't catch all the nuances of the language.

Might mean everything.

The reason I made this thread is because someone who's a native speaker interpreted it as Ocelot being gay.

So that's why I became so curious about it, as from playing the english version I never got this, along with other stuff that are in the JP version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well he was definitely obsessed with Big Boss and his Sons so..
And Kojima never held back on that sorta stuff in even in the English translation so I think it would more obvious if he was..
Who knows, he definitely admired him

Last edited:
Western game protagonist: "I love you bro! You're my boy, and I'm gonna take special care of you"

Japanese players: なに?

PH8W_t.gif

Aion002

He loved Big Boss beyond reason. Ocelot was completely insane for Big Boss, it was love at first sight on MGS3. Not really at first sight... He was probably interested before...

84F4F291505444F4D326F03DE7A672302FB1F2A4

MGS3 is kinda fucked up in the romance.... Big Boss had a weird relationship with The Boss, while Ocelot and Eva tried to get BB attention... Eva at least banged him on screen... Then Kaz appeared and the plot got even thicker, not mentioning Paz....

KaRkdOr.jpg

Kojima is weird....

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
All the characters are asexual. Even the main villain gets cloned.

I think it's meant to imitate/parody the action hero machismo, to be honest.

Kokoloko85

He loved Big Boss beyond reason. Ocelot was completely insane for Big Boss, it was love at first sight on MGS3. Not really at first sight... He was probably interested before...

84F4F291505444F4D326F03DE7A672302FB1F2A4

MGS3 is kinda fucked up in the romance.... Big Boss had a weird relationship with The Boss, while Ocelot and Eva tried to get BB attention... Eva at least banged him on screen... Then Kaz appeared and the plot got even thicker, not mentioning Paz....

KaRkdOr.jpg

Kojima is weird....

I hear Ocelots meow when I look at that gif... Kojima Sama <3

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It's 2020. Why is there an unclouded doubt that he may have loved a man? Nothing wrong with that. His love is very pure and one sided of course, it makes sense as well. Why would one man go to the extreme for another unless there was love involved? And for the record I really fucking don't like Ocelot as a character.

Aion002

Wait--- WHAT? Have I completely missed another thing? Got any info on that?
If I remember correctly: It was a line from The Twin Snakes, that Ocelot says when Snake fails the toture, something like that Ocelot will now have fun wth her or something.

It could mean that he was going to torture her or.... Anyway.... it was from TTS, so not canon and it's trash.

Last edited:

Hugare

His obsession for Big Boss was ... yeah, kinda over the top

I like to think that he is

Dude was way too loyal

Soodanim

Ocelot is using his inherited psychic powers from daddy to channel mummy’s motherly love for Snake, but because he doesn’t know it the love manifests in strange ways. He wants to take care of Big Boss, but he also looks up to him as a mentor and leader.

Last edited:
Top Bottom