• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Darth Sidious More Powerful Than Vader?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think there was a book describing that he "force transferred" into a clone body or something, his body was destroyed with the death star.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Roufianos

Even Sidious says to Yoda that Vader will be more powerful than both of them.

I think the idea is he would have easily surpassed him but for his body being destroyed.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Vader would have been stronger if he didn't get his ass handed to him by Obi-Wan in Episode 3.

I think Palpatine even said to Yoda in episode 3 that Vader would surpass both of them in power levels.

Laptop1991

Not if it was the Darth Vader from the original trilogy, but the prequel's made Vader look weak and was the most disappointing thing about them, that wasn't the Darth Vader i was expecting, so he didn't look as strong as Maul going by the prequels, which ruined Star Wars for me. but Sidious was the master and Vader killed him in the end in the Original trilogy.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Vader was crippled when he got burned on mustafa, but his raw force power was still stronger than Sidious’. One can argue that Sidious had more force skills, though.
In the end Vader was inferior to Sidious due to the robotic suit having been designed as vulnerable to Sidious’ force lighting

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Interesting point OP.

I'm no expert but it seems Anakin was more powerful than Sidius. He said it himself when he was fighting Yoda. However Vader lost some of his power after he got burned.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't know how much Disney butchered the canon, but in the past for raw force power, he was the most powerful that got kept in check by the dismemberment/wounds as well as the pain-suit and it's failsafe lightning vulnerability. Disciplined on the other hand, is a different story.

Melfice7

"Darth Vader WILL become more powerful than either of us" - the senate

He had more potential, but Kenobi made sure he never reached it

Top Bottom