• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros Games is no longer up for sale

-IZHAN-

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, owner of studios such as Rocksteady, NetherRealm, and TT Games, is seemingly no longer up for sale.
It "remains part of the Studios & Networks groups... all focused on engaging fans with our brands & franchises through games & other interactive experiences", CEO Jason Kilar said.
Ee6lHihXsAURjAL

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

Watch AT&T try to make a crappy streaming gaming service to bundle with its unlimited data plans and use these studios to whore out content as more bait to sucker people into their shitty world.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They did a big re-org..

So therefore, in the re-org announcement.. they said this part of the company remains where it is.

What in the world does that have to do with them no longer wanting to sell them? People are taking a quote from their re-org announcement and just embellishing it:

Last edited:
Breaking news! EA Games announced a new Star Wars game inspired by Arkham games with Surprise Mechanics and 4 Player Online/Co-Op.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
I stayed away from other threads about this because information seemed confusing. Now that it's pretty much confirmed WB Games is not for sale, I bet AT&T got lowballed by suitors.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I stayed away from other threads about this because information seemed confusing. Now that it's pretty much confirmed WB Games is not for sale, I bet AT&T got lowballed by suitors.

I’d be inclined to say it might be that the suitors wanted too much control over the IPs that came with the deal. WB is never going to relinquish that much control over the video game strategies for things like DC and Potter to a third party.

oldergamer

Source
If anything reading that makes me think a sale is more likely. I noticed how interactive media was something of a footnote on that email. A restructure before a sale is standard operation to beco.e as lean as possible

junguler

Banned
good, sony is doing enough harm with that spider-man exclusivity bullshit as it is, we didn't need any other companies trying the same thing again.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah i wouldn't touch that fucking IP with a 10 foot stick
selling games as fucking puzzles in 2020 charging by the piece

Iced Arcade

Good news. No one benefits from those he's being exclusive... Except that one guy with the god of war avatar the other day.

I'd imagine not a single potential buyer was willing to buy those studios without the IPs.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
All the companies saw the GaaS shit Rocksteady plans to release and took a hard pass.

Top Bottom