• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

rukland said:
That would be the Black Templars

And I can't wait for this. I was unsure until the demo but that sold me. I don't think I have ever played a demo that match.
Ah thats right. Thank you I couldn't place the name. I was about to go back through my books and their wiki but you saved me some time.

Epic OT for a sure-to-be epic game. No seriously, it's laid out really well and clean and not cluttered and is just easy to read and has no fluff info, only the most important stuff. Nice job with the graphics too. I'm getting the PC version @ Best Buy for those sweet purple skins lol :D

A bit off-topic but for someone not too familiar with the universe, how would you guys recommend getting into it? Like the lore and back story. Book/movie recommendation? Thanks

ultron87

Heavy said:
A bit off-topic but for someone not too familiar with the universe, how would you guys recommend getting into it? Like the lore and back story. Book/movie recommendation? Thanks

Read Dan Abnett books:

Start with The Founding if you want a lot of war and a look at the military side of the universe. Though you only see Space Marines from a distance (if ever?) in this.

Start with Eisenhorn if you want a story that's more like a detective story that let's you see more of Imperial society as a whole.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, the demo really sold me on the game. It was barely on my radar until I played and was like "okay, this is how you do third person shooters. None of this pansy-ass cover bullshit"

ultron87 said:
Read Dan Abnett books:

Start with The Founding if you want a lot of war and a look at the military side of the universe. Though you only see Space Marines from a distance (if ever?) in this.

Start with Eisenhorn if you want a story that's more like a detective story that let's you see more of Imperial society as a whole.
Added to cart. Niiiice! Thanks

Glass Rebel

I got the First Edition pre-ordered, don't know if it's EU exclusive but it's got all the skins except for the Blood Ravens. So pumped for this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worthy OP! Worthy! Worthy!

Commence the hype train!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really liked the demo. Yes it was a Gears rip-off but it was felt fantastic to play and looked great. I love the license as well. Day one.

ezekial45

Banned
It should be noted that Mark Strong is voicing Captain Titus.

6LKcM.jpg

Great OT for what looks to be a great game.

Still not sure if I want to get the Collectors edition or not.

DUFFMCWALIN said:
Eisenhorn is one of my favorite book series. So so good.
I can't wait for the Eisernhorn vs Ravenor/Bequin trilogy.

Max

I am not Max
if i hadn't already bought RO2 i'd be getting into this so hard, i'll have to wait for the first steam sale

Lucc

Amazing OT. So excited for this game. After all the sneaking in Deus Ex I want some BLOOD...

...and skulls for his throne.

Svartnatt

Awesome OT derFeef!

Can anyone confirm that they're getting the Chaos skins from the Best Buy PC preorder?

The Best Buy site lists the preorder bonus skins for 360 and PS3 versions, but not PC. Was just wondering if anyone's preordered the PC version and got confirmation that the skins will be included with that too.

Everything points in that direction, but it not showing up on the Best Buy preorder site has me a bit worried...

Twinduct

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse. No money to buy it this month :<

Loooong month ahead! Have fun everyone, gonna bail on this thread early :D

(Really hope this game does well, Relic deserves so much in life)

Xater

Heavy said:
Added to cart. Niiiice! Thanks

And if you want to read more about the chapter of this game then read Graham McNeill's Ultramarines stuff: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1844164039/?tag=neogaf0e-20

bigdaddygamebot said:
This gentleman would like to explain to you the flaw in the Space Wolves gene seed.

AKYZl.jpg

nerd fights are the best fights...

Damn it, I love this picture! Who is the artist of that and where was it featured?

Leunam

bigdaddygamebot said:
This gentleman would like to explain to you the flaw in the Space Wolves gene seed.

http://i.imgur.com/AKYZl.jpg[img]

nerd fights are the best fights...[/QUOTE]

pffffft, Black Templars. They aren't even a founding chapter. :D

Leunam said:
pffffft, Black Templars. They aren't even a founding chapter. :D

They're no Ultramarines, that's for sure.
But who are?

I can't imagine they have much tolerance for the "werewolf" and "vampire" chapters however.

zon

bigdaddygamebot said:
They're no Ultramarines, that's for sure.
But who are?

I can't imagine they have much tolerance for the "werewolf" and "vampire" chapters however.

You forget the Flesh Tearers. It's pretty amazing that's not a Chaos Chapter. :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Please, don't be shallow, short and repetetive, please, please, please.

Great OT.

Mithel

Neo Member
Must buy this game. At some point. When I'm gainfully employed. :(

<--- Shiny new avatar

EDIT: Also OP is wicked.

JoeBoy101

Fantastic OP! Going to a midnite launch to grab this and can't wait.

The Wolves of Russ shall conquer Chaos in multiplayer.

Also, OP title is good but instead of 'No remorse.' should have had, 'No cover.'

GrayFoxPL

How to get into WH 40.000? I would like to know some back story before I jump in.

That animated movie is good or shit?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Keiician said:
Please, don't be shallow, short and repetetive, please, please, please.

Great OT.
This seems like one of those titles where the depth will come from your willingness to challenge yourself and explore the mechanics.

But a lot of people are just going to be in it for the spectacle of it all. It starts off over the top and I hope they can keep raising the bar. This is truly the PC's God of War.

Top Bottom