• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Tekno-ninjas in space play free!

Damn, I loved everything about this Tennocon. I was in the Tennolive relay on my Switch and got to walk around the showcases while watching the stream.

Those Warframe ability swaps are gonna be a gamechanger. If I can put a mobility skill (Valkyr's Ripline?) on Nyx, I can solve her only weakness: not being able to jump.

The infested world is so animated, it's so gorgeous.

Those mechs remind me of the Dwarven tech in Skyrim, including the going-deep-underground part.

Shooting while riding K-drives.

August 25th live on all platforms.

Zaku looks sick, gives a terminator vibe.

Still free to play. So... damn.... good!
Yeah my buddy went on non stop about all the stuff he saw. As he explained it to me, I kind of question most Western game developers now. Warframe is one of the best games I’ve ever played and been a staple since I got it at PS4 launch.

Ive since moved to PC and occasional switch but the game gets better and better all the time.

The Aug update is going to be insane.

Used-ID

With the double XP, I'm using a few of the 60+ formas I've been sitting on.

Also I've gone nuts building all the crap for the "easy" mastery point gains. Hopefully I'll be able to do MR24 or 25 by the time it's all said and done

JSoup

Banned
I haven't kept up on Warframe stuffs since Fortuna dropped.
Hell, I haven't even tried to be in a guild/dojo since the previous one for here moved to REE and became their official guild/dojo.
Railjack stuff looks neat, but PSN version always gets stuff a few weeks later than PC.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hell, I haven't even tried to be in a guild/dojo since the previous one for here moved to REE and became their official guild/dojo.
Railjack stuff looks neat, but PSN version always gets stuff a few weeks later than PC.

I don't think the delay between pc and console versions is a big deal. While yes, it takes away some excitement since the content is already out there by the time you get to it, at the end of the day within your playing space everyone gets it the same day you do.

As for the old guild, it changed policy and now accepts people outside the forum so if you contact them in-game they probably will take you up? The clan leader F frizby has an account here as well.

I'm personally on hiatus, I've got a weird thing with warframe I like a lot of the game, but also dislike some stuff so it's a tension over what's winning at that particular moment.

ShinNL

Heart of Deimos launches simultaneously on August 25th. As a Switch player who started with Plains of Eidolon, one year behind everyone, I'm quite happy how that version caught up with everyone.... and is still part of the community. How it even manages to run all the stuff still blows my mind.

Bitmap Frogs Bitmap Frogs There have been several times I took some weeks off. It's a game where it's easy to play too much off, or too little. Nightwave and weekly Ayatan helps me play 1 or twice a week, which seems to be the perfect balance. Of course, while playing I often find something I want to do and end up going on an adventure.

The upcoming update will probably trigger a lot of finding things I want to do for me, with the new open world but especially with all the ability swaps. So many builds... I'm so hyped for it. It's such a huge game changer, because I think it's the first time you can really talk about builds.

For anyone who missed TennoCon and is out of the loop:
With the Heart of Deimos release (August 25th), it comes with many new things. One of them is a way to sacrifice non-Prime Warframes for one of their abilities (non-signature and non-ultimate), usually a 'weak' one that doesn't instantly define the whole Warframe. It's predetermined by DE which ability each Warframe donates. It only needs to be done once and then is forever-learned in your arsenal.

Then, you can put that ability on any Warframe (you can only swap 1 ability).

There's going to be nifty synergies, not just for Warframes where some abilities are meh, but also for builds that specialize in certain abilities and put some abilities on negative (thus, not used), like high range with low ability strength. Then it's probably better to swap the unused ability for one that scales well with range. Best part: you can swap abilities per config (and keep the other configs with default abilities, or other ability swaps).

I'm hoping so much right now that Valkyr's donor ability is Ripline (it seems the least signature of all abilities), because if I get that on my immortal bubble Nyx, fixing her only weakness (not being able to jump, forcing you to get out of Assimilate Absorb), it will be GLO. RI. OUS.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm hoping so much right now that Valkyr's donor ability is Ripline (it seems the least signature of all abilities), because if I get that on my immortal bubble Nyx, fixing her only weakness (not being able to jump, forcing you to get out of Assimilate Absorb), it will be GLO. RI. OUS.

You know someone's a dedicated player when they do take a frame that's considered underpowered and poor and turning it around lol.

Cracklox Cracklox has a friend that put the first umbra forma (back when they were mostly considered a one-off) on valkyr!

ShinNL

You know someone's a dedicated player when they do take a frame that's considered underpowered and poor and turning it around lol.

Cracklox Cracklox has a friend that put the first umbra forma (back when they were mostly considered a one-off) on valkyr!
I... did that too xD

In my mind it didn't seem weird though. She is after all the frame with the highest armor of all frames and benefits from health and ability power as well.

Like, if you look at this, nothing even comes close.

There's something appealing about a really compact agile frame being insanely tanky, while murdering everything in her path in melee range. I don't even use her true immortality except for burst and revives.

Cracklox

Yeah I haven't played for a month or so either. Caught up with the Tennocon stuff though, and it all looks pretty good. The open world looks like it will have a few things going on that make it a little more then a large open tileset, like the first two worlds feel like after a while. Power swapping definetley has potential too, but no 4's or sig powers (however they define those) might limit it a bit.

Broken Frame looks pretty damn cool as well. I remember when they did the poll for who to make earlier in the year, he was about the only one that really intersted me, and so far it looks like they've done a pretty good job with him.

Also might've been fun to be at one of the relays, had I remembered the damn thing was on. Though, I think it aired at fuck off o'clock here so maybe not.

Oh and ShinNL ShinNL can't you just use operator dashes to drag Nyx around? Or does that switch off absorb when you switch? I haven't played terminator Nyx in forever so I forget

Hmmm. Dunno if that was me. I did speak to a guy in a pub one night who had just put the 1 and only Umbra Forma in the game at the time on his Wukong. Which is fine, but it it was a week or 2 before Monkey Prime dropped, which I pointed out. He seemed happy enough with his decision though, but I think he would regret it soon enough.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hmmm. Dunno if that was me. I did speak to a guy in a pub one night who had just put the 1 and only Umbra Forma in the game at the time on his Wukong.

I don't remember the name, it's that buddy of yours that was in the clan, that also played similar hours as you did...

ShinNL

Oh and ShinNL ShinNL can't you just use operator dashes to drag Nyx around? Or does that switch off absorb when you switch? I haven't played terminator Nyx in forever so I forget
Operator dash still works and keeps Absorb on.
But since it has [_1_] client lag, [_2_] is extremely hard to do right when trying to travel vertically and because [_3_] forward weapon combo's are usually faster for ground movement, it's somewhat obsolete.

When I play with Nyx, I end up actually using stairs... xD

As for why Nyx, because most frames can be made tanky? Aside from taking Rapolysts' beam head-on (never gets old), her armor strip is one of the most underrated abilities. I can use fun weapons with her that no other frames can, like the Ogris (which is mostly raw damage and limited status and crit) for example. Combined with the fact that she also doesn't get bounced back from any shot, she's one of the most fun weapon enablers.

Last edited:

ShinNL

The list is out! I'm gonna have an evening of brainstorm time. No movement abilities so my Nyx dream is kind of out, but... boy did they enable some crazy combinations.

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212921-the-helminth-dev-workshop/

THE HELMINTH: DEV WORKSHOP.

Tenno the time has come for our comprehensive Dev Workshop on The Helminth System (formerly known as ‘Helminth Chrysalis System, we reduced the name length for ‘Mouth’feel)! This Dev Workshop is subject to change, but here is everything you need to know about THE HELMINTH!

We debuted this system at TennoCon 2020 - rewatch here:

The Helminth System is an expansion of the Helminth room on your Orbiter - you may only know this room as an infested space that allows you to remove the Helminth Cyst. With the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Update, that’s all changing. The Helminth system enables you to customize your Warframes by infusing new Abilities in place of existing Abilities.

How does it work?
To participate in the Helminth, you must obtain the ‘Helminth Segment’.
This is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate and is then installed on your Orbiter in the Helminth Room to begin your Helminth journey!

Once ready, there are 2 key things this System offers:

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.
- Every Warframe can be Subsumed to permanently provide 1 specific Ability to Helminth.

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

What are Resources / Secretions?
Virtually every Resource you’ve ever earned can be fed to Helminth - your stockpiles have a new home! This Feeding creates SECRETIONS, which allow you to utilize the Helminth for Ability customization.
Helminth has a diverse appetite - make sure you feed Helminth Resources they want to eat to get the best Secretion results! Your choices on what you’ve fed Helminth will determine its willingness to reward secretions - change it up for best results!

Permanent?
Infused Abilities are removable with the click of a button - they will stay within a given Warframe as long as you decide you want it!

Subsuming a Warframe is permanent - only Subsume Warframes you are sure you do not want to play with. You can always re-earn or re-buy a subsumed Warframe.

Do Configurations matter?
You can deeply customize by only replacing Abilities on certain Configurations, as seen in the Demo! But we would like to expand this further to demonstrate just how deep you can go.

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

So if you have Excalibur in the chair - you could put Shock on Configuration A, Molt on Configuration B, and Firewalker on Configuration C!

For example, if you wanted Shock applied to Excalibur on Configuration A but wanted Configuration B and Configuration C to stay default with Slash Dash, you can do so!

What does Ranking Helminth do?
As you feed and use the Helminth system, you will rank up! Each Rank unlocks something different - from a new power, to more Subsume Slots (max Rank Helminth = unlimited Subsume Slots), make sure you progress through the Ranks by regularly Feeding Helminth, Subsuming, and Infusing your Warframes!

What are the Helminth Abilities?
Helminth Provides unique abilities of their own - these are subject to change before launch, but here is the current list:

"EMPOWER"
"Increase the power strength of your next ability."

“ENERGY MUNITIONS"
"Imbue your weapons with ammo efficiency."

"INFESTED MOBILITY"
"Increase your sprint and parkour speed."

"MARKED FOR DEATH"
“Stun an enemy, next damage you deal to it, will be dealt to all enemies around it."

"REBUILD SHIELDS"
"Instantly restore shields."

"PERSPICACITY"
"Your next hack will be automatic."

"COMPANION HEAL"
"Heal your companion and call it to your side."

"EXPEDITE SUFFERING"
"Hit enemies in a cone, affected enemies will have their Bleed and Toxin status removed and their remaining damage dealt in a burst."

What is Infusion?
Infusion is the process of injecting a Warframe with an Ability - whether it be one of Helminth’s own, or another Warframes. Every Warframe can receive 1 Infused ability at a time in any Ability slot (i.e you could place Shock on any of the 4 Ability slots).

What is Subsuming?
In addition to Helminth’s own Abilities, you can Subsume a Warframe to obtain 1 specific Ability permanently in Helminth’s memory (list below). We do not allow the Subsuming of any Prime Warframes, but you can Infuse Abilities on Prime Warframes!

Subsuming is the act of permanently providing a base Warframe into the Helminth’s biology. 1 Warframe can be subsumed every 23 hours. The Warframe can be any Rank.

What Abilities are earned on Subsuming a Warframe?

The following table outlines the current Ability a given Warframe will provide on the Subsume action. This is subject to change before launch.

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

We will not create Rubble.

Banshee

Silence

Savage Silence

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour.

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Gara

Spectrorage

Spectrosiphon

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only.

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield.

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire.

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift.

Loki

Decoy

Savior Decoy

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Nyx

Mind Control

Mind Freak

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

Octavia

Resonator

Conductor

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

Revenant

Reave

Blinding Reave

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Base Ability Buffed - Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal.

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Volt

Shock

Shock Trooper

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Wukong

Defy

n/a

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper

n/a

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

Base Ability Buffed - now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex.

What are my safeguards?

Since you can remove an Ability at any time with the click of a button, you’ll be able to safely experiment with many creative combinations.

For example, if you replace Grendel’s ‘1’, your kit doesn’t really work! If you change around or re-assign Abilities already assigned to Railjack Tactical use, you simply may not have one, or have a new one in its place! If you put Hildryn’s PIllage on Inaros, you don’t get Shields, but you do get diminished Armor/Shields on enemies on cast.

It’s all up to you - have fun experimenting, Tenno!

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes.

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Is ‘Helminth’ a permanent name?

Don’t like it? You can rename your Helminth at any time!

Is Helminth a Cat or Dog ‘Person’?

Well, you’ll find out…

Thank you very much for reading our Dev Workshop on the upcoming Helminth Feature - see you in game on August 25 on all platforms!

Cracklox

Yikes! This is out in the next day or so. I still haven't touched Deadlock Protocol. Such behind...

The ability swaps seem neat, but I think they've nerfed the main ones people would use. War Cry, Roar, Eclipse and one or two others if I remember hearing correctly.

Also its going to be a pain if I want to remove powers from alot of frames. I sell all the base frames when I get the prime, so if it's primed, I'll need to farm it again so it can get nommed.

I've played alot of not-Warframe in the last few months and recently started to get that itch, update or no, so might jump in and check it out in the next few days. The new planet looks neat with finally some worthwhile infested to fight, and broken frame should be pretty sweet too

ShinNL

It got launched today on Switch. Got some playtime in and well... every time a big update is out I still can't believe this is all free. How can the game even run on Switch. Damn. So damn gorgeous. So much more things to do. From what I've played so far, this is my favorite open world.

Cracklox

Enjoying what I've played of the update so far. They just hotfixed what was a pretty big progression grind to be a lot easier earlier today, so they're working pretty quick to act on feedback too.

I've got the bits together for broken frame, but need to farm some resources to build. Haven't heard great stuff about him though. Sounds like he's a bit undercooked and his reliance on void damage, a weak damage type, drags him down. Still keen to try him, but it sounds like he might need a bit more work.

Still yet to get big lips on my ship. There's a bit of grind to get there, but the devoted i think will have him in a day or two. I'll prob be a little behind that

Bug wise its been okish. Had some day 1, but the 3 hotfixes since seem to have helped things

That whole scripted Necromech intro was some shit.
Was really fun, but also really stressful.

Yeah I liked it, but there were a few issues like a wtf-is-that melee, a confusing as fuck UI, and 1 or 2 powers that might need a look at. It felt and sounded chunky, was surprisingly agile, and the gun felt good to shoot though.

Also wish it were a little bigger. As it is, its only slightly bigger then a frame. I thought we were getting something that towers over battlefields. But that one's prob on me for only half paying attention to the tennocon showing . (And recently playing Inquisitor Martyr where you have a mode that does just that)

ShinNL

Progression seems to be pretty fast, not sure what the token requirements were before the hotfixes but I already have everything for rank 2 (which I can get tomorrow). I like this organic world, the enemies are really cool.

frizby

FYI, the old official clan is now "Founders Pack", paying respect to our many members who were here at the beginning and going back to a forum neutral name. Hopefully it's seen as a clever play on words and not too silly. I was honestly surprised it was available.

Hope y'all are well. Cheers.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
FYI, the old official clan is now "Founders Pack", paying respect to our many members who were here at the beginning and going back to a forum neutral name. Hopefully it's seen as a clever play on words and not too silly. I was honestly surprised it was available.

Hope y'all are well. Cheers.

Always taking care of the clan, Frizby :messenger_sunglasses:

MastAndo

Gold Member
I decided to give this one another shot, and I'm digging it so far. I'm still pretty early in getting through the star map (just got to Mars), but was wondering if I could get a clan invite if there is still a GAF one that is sort of alive?

JSoup

Banned
I'm mostly a trophy hunter, so my general day to day activity in the game is low, but if the clan isn't too crowded (there is still a cap on how big a clan can be, right?), I wouldn't mind an invite either.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It looks really cool, unsure how long it would take me to level up and be considered for the clan but if I enjoy it I will be sure to ask in the future!

There's no player levels... Game is peculiar. When you start a new account you're given some platinum (the premium currency). Only use your free Plat on warframe or weapon slots. Joining the clan is up to F frizby but in case he doesn't see the message contact him in-game. Cheers!

Trogdor1123

How is it on ps5? I played lots a few years ago before the open world update. Sounds like it is essentially a different game.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How is it on ps5? I played lots a few years ago before the open world update. Sounds like it is essentially a different game.

Im not active anymore but I checked ps5 version. Graphics are amped to the max, loading times (which were a pita in a game with shortish missions) are sliced it’s sharp, fast and even has some support for dual sense!

I think I might remember your name? Not sure. The old clan is still around, they’re called Founder’s pack now. Contact Frizby in game for an invite, he also occasionally checks the thread here.

Last edited:

Cracklox

I left the old clan, partly because I didn't want the ResetEra name attached to me in game. Then Frizby goes and changes it...

But I've since spent way too many resources getting my own dojo up to scratch (and way too much time turning the main hall into a football stadium) to go back now.

Anyway, been playing a bit the last few days. Plenty of Deimos and other stuff to catch up on, so I'm mildly engaged for now

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I left the old clan, partly because I didn't want the ResetEra name attached to me in game. Then Frizby goes and changes it...

But I've since spent way too many resources getting my own dojo up to scratch (and way too much time turning the main hall into a football stadium) to go back now.

Anyway, been playing a bit the last few days. Plenty of Deimos and other stuff to catch up on, so I'm mildly engaged for now

That's a sweet crib Lox!

Are you going to open up that clan or will it just be your private retreat?

Cracklox

That's a sweet crib Lox!

Are you going to open up that clan or will it just be your private retreat?

I mean, I did it mostly as a solo venture as an excuse to dump resources, but I'd be happy to take on board people I know if they need a home. Not going to recruit randos or anything. It's only a ghost clan with a 10 person limit too. I also take reasonably long hiatuses from time to time, so I won't always be around.

But its going ok. I've got most clan tech researched. Just some archwing stuff in the tenno lab left to do and the Hema in the infested lab. I see what all the complaints about the Hema grind were about back in the day now btw. 5000 mutagen samples for the smallest clan (fml). Most of the other somewhat essential stuff like the dry dock has been built too.

And my stadium as it turns out will probably be one of those projects that never ends. Keep coming up with things to add or build. The only problem is the decorating ui makes me want to stab myself in the eye after a while. I haven't done much with it lately because of the ptsd suffered from hours and hours of trying to line up benches and seating. And generally failing. I also had plans with the lighting that didn't quite work out the way I wanted, and changing the lighting, even once, is way more of pita then it needs to be. So yeah, the decorating has been on hold for a little while.

If you get back into it you'd be welcome, but if you want social interaction* and a fully researched dojo, then it'd be best for yourself to stay with Frizbys ragtag bunch I'd think.

*social interaction not guaranteed

Mr Hyde

Dived back in now with the PS5-version. Played this a ton on Switch, and while it was a great port, it did have a few shortcomings and annoying set backs. The load times were abysmal and framerate tanked in several areas, mainly Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.

Now I'm ready for that 4k/60 action. Just tested it a few minutes but it was smooth as butter with significantly reduced load times. Plus they've added that sweet DualSense support. I think this will make for a much more pleasant experience.

I've always wanted to have a sort of "go to" game that you play to and from for several years, and just grind and rank and loot. I've tried it with No Man's Sky, and no matter how much I want to like it, because there is much to like about it, I just don't seem to be able to hold the attention for long and I just drop it. I hope Warframe can be the one. I really appreciate the gameplay, it's very satisfying and a big reason I keep coming back.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dived back in now with the PS5-version. Played this a ton on Switch, and while it was a great port, it did have a few shortcomings and annoying set backs. The load times were abysmal and framerate tanked in several areas, mainly Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis.

Now I'm ready for that 4k/60 action. Just tested it a few minutes but it was smooth as butter with significantly reduced load times. Plus they've added that sweet DualSense support. I think this will make for a much more pleasant experience.

I've always wanted to have a sort of "go to" game that you play to and from for several years, and just grind and rank and loot. I've tried it with No Man's Sky, and no matter how much I want to like it, because there is much to like about it, I just don't seem to be able to hold the attention for long and I just drop it. I hope Warframe can be the one. I really appreciate the gameplay, it's very satisfying and a big reason I keep coming back.

It can easily fill that slot in your lineup. And it’s stellar on ps5 including dual sense action. Once you get a stable of frames potatoed and set the way you like them that can fulfill a variety of roles things get very interesting.

Mr Hyde

can easily fill that slot in your lineup. And it’s stellar on ps5 including dual sense action. Once you get a stable of frames potatoed and set the way you like them that can fulfill a variety of roles things get very interesting.

I'm a bit rusty now at the beginning, haven't played it for almost two years, but any recommendations on early good frames? I remember liking Rhino for its high defense capabilities (I'm not very good at frantic tps shooters). On Switch I had quite the collection of frames but can't really remember which ones.

I haven't delved into Nightwave or much of Orb Vallis either ( I remember getting a hover board) but guess stuff like that is end game. I free roamed Plains of Eidolon last night and did some early missions, it was manageable but I fear I'm wasting time with an early build when I could instead complete some of the Star Chart instead.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm a bit rusty now at the beginning, haven't played it for almost two years, but any recommendations on early good frames? I remember liking Rhino for its high defense capabilities (I'm not very good at frantic tps shooters). On Switch I had quite the collection of frames but can't really remember which ones.

I haven't delved into Nightwave or much of Orb Vallis either ( I remember getting a hover board) but guess stuff like that is end game. I free roamed Plains of Eidolon last night and did some early missions, it was manageable but I fear I'm wasting time with an early build when I could instead complete some of the Star Chart instead.

Rhino is the classical early stomper.

Excalibur is quite good these days too from what I hear.

The Orb Vallis skate shouldn’t be too hard to get even for a newbie and it’s mostly used to make plains easier giving you a mobility option there.

Completing Star chart and getting the war frame parts from the planet bosses is a very good idea, even if you can’t build them yet having all the parts ahead of time is cool.

As you unlock more planets you unlock more places to do alerts, the weekly challenges, and the invasions (keep an eye on those, some yummy rewards pop up from time to time).

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finished Earth on Star Chart. Grabbed my free PS Plus bonus of credits and platinum. Been doing quest missions on Plains of Eidolon, collecting glass shards and shit. Did Nightwave Glassmaster but have no clue what the hell that was. Failed spectacularly. Tried to attempt MR 2 but the game crashed, so now I can't access it for 24 hours. Some bullshit. Does anyone know Mastery Points keep accumulate despite failing the tests? I don't see it leveling up anymore.

Lanrutcon

Finished Earth on Star Chart. Grabbed my free PS Plus bonus of credits and platinum. Been doing quest missions on Plains of Eidolon, collecting glass shards and shit. Did Nightwave Glassmaster but have no clue what the hell that was. Failed spectacularly. Tried to attempt MR 2 but the game crashed, so now I can't access it for 24 hours. Some bullshit. Does anyone know Mastery Points keep accumulate despite failing the tests? I don't see it leveling up anymore.

Right, so: the master tests can be done once per 24 hours BUT you can practice them as many times as you want per day. Never ever ever go into a mastery test without having passed the practice one. They get tricky, but don't stress: your mastery points keep accumulating. You never "lose" progress.

Mr Hyde

Acheived MR 3. The first three are really easy, but if I recall correctly it gets trickier from here on out. I also acquired my second frame, the Excalibur, so I'm leveling that up now.

The game looks absolutely amazing on the PS5 and runs almost flawlessly at 60 fps. It really puts a different flavor to it when considering the conditions I played with on the Switch. The gameplay is sometimes so fast paced the thread should be called Turbo Ninjas in Space. There is however some annoying screen tearing that happens very briefly when entering missions. I hope DE patches that shit out.

The graphics truly shine in the open world segments. The Plains of Eidolon looks so beautiful and nothing like on the Switch. Huuuge upgrade in terms of visual, I was quite stunned when I first entered the plains, like wtf is this how it actually looks?

Been leveling up some plain weapons now that I'm quickly selling off in wait for some better gear. I remember one cool gun I liked when I played on the Switch, the Angstrum, which I've bought the recipe for and will begin crafting very soon.

The level of customization in Warframe is incredible. There are so many cool weapons and frames, different cosmetics and skins, that it almost feels a bit overwhelming at times. This time I am going to fully commit to the game and try collecting as many cool frames and weapons as I can.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

MR 4. Did a lot of bounties on Plains of Eidolon with a cool squad that helped me out. Gathered lots of standing. They were flying around with some sort of mech suit. I wish I had one. Looks like you can build one in foundry but I lack ingredients. Gotta have fish oil.

Soon acquired the Archwing too. I have all the parts but I lack components and funds. Need to grind and farm some. Next up will be more Plains plus taking out the Jackal. Got my ass handed to me last time I tried.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
MR 4. Did a lot of bounties on Plains of Eidolon with a cool squad that helped me out. Gathered lots of standing. They were flying around with some sort of mech suit. I wish I had one. Looks like you can build one in foundry but I lack ingredients. Gotta have fish oil.

Soon acquired the Archwing too. I have all the parts but I lack components and funds. Need to grind and farm some. Next up will be more Plains plus taking out the Jackal. Got my ass handed to me last time I tried.

Jackal is tricky for newcomers.

Fish oil can be obtained by fishing in the plains, there’s an npc in the market who will disassemble the fish into usable parts, including the oil (if I remember correctly).

Mr Hyde

Jackal is tricky for newcomers.

Fish oil can be obtained by fishing in the plains, there’s an npc in the market who will disassemble the fish into usable parts, including the oil (if I remember correctly).

How do I get a fishing rod? Can you buy it or build it?

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How do I get a fishing rod? Can you buy it or build it?

Ufff I think you can buy them for faction points at the npc that distmantles the fish.

You get faction points by doing the bounties amongst other activities.

There’s 4 of them, and they’re optimized for different species of fish.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Defeated Jackal. Finished the Archwing quest and completed Earth, Mercury and Venus. Did some more plains but it was Ghoul Night so it was very hard. Too low level for that.

My main objective now is to farm Jackal and build the Rhino. Gonna get the doggo too since that quest opened up now. Need to build the Archwing Launcher too. I've bought a fishing rod. Did some mining too, it was the first time I tried out the Nosum cutter. Didn't really get what it was for at first, the game is not very good at explaining things. But I like that. It builds a sort of mystery to it and when you figure stuff out it feels good.

Warframe is very addictive. It's a completely different experience on PS5. It's so smooth and plays so well, that I just can't stop. There is always something to do, a mission, a quest, free roaming etc. I usually hate f2p but Warframe nails it. The mtx never gets obtrusive, instead you get so much value out of the game that you actually want to pay for stuff. Very good community too. Been having lots of fun in co-op.

Top Bottom