• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warcraft coming to Mobile.

Lanrutcon

Hear me out.

...mobile app, needs a WoW subscription. Play your WoW character in a variety of minigames while on the toilet, or in the bus, or during your lunch break. Gatcha style card game? Pet battles? Rocket League WoW carts? Earn loot while on the go! and premium currency that you can use to pay your monthly sub, or at the cash shop.

Boom. Tap that mobile market.

Can't please PC fans with shitty remakes/remasters? Mobile it is then! Paying consumers on mobile are idiots anyway so they'll make plenty of cash especially in China.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
i-dont-like-anal-do-you-have-noass-you-guys-37917357.png

SJRB

Gold Member
Honestly I'm amazed it took them this long.

Warcraft Mobile seems like a no brainer to me, should've done this 10 years ago. It's not what "we" want, but it makes sense.

Xyphie

I imagine it would be something Clash of Clans-esque. You send your peons to the gold mine, build a base and armies, attack other people's bases.

Atrus

Gold Member
Can't wait to hear about their new lineup of mobile games.

I mean its only been 20 years since Warcraft 3 and 10 years since Starcraft 2 debuted (7 since LotV). Why would they bother building quality succesors in genres that define their company for a generation when they can prioritize remakes or making a Pachinko game using the IP?

yurinka

I think it's pretty strange that they didn't release more casual friendly, simpler versions of Starcraft and Warcraft on mobile. They are a great fit and there have been many ultra successful mobile games inspired on them.

Hari Seldon

I think it's pretty strange that they didn't release more casual friendly, simpler versions of Starcraft and Warcraft on mobile. They are a great fit and there have been many ultra successful mobile games inspired on them.
It is pretty clear from playing Blizzard games for the past 20 years that Blizzard employees exactly 3 actual coders and literally the rest of the company beats on them to get shit done. That is why they produce these hollywood grade cutscenes, fantastic art, and the systems people go off the deep end with retarded systems designs: all of these people have nothing to do while waiting for the 3 actual coders to get stuff done.

sainraja

They have Hearthstone with Warcraft characters already on mobile. I hope they work on a Swords&Soldiers style of RTS game for mobile, that'd be cool.

Top Bottom