• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanted: Dead Announced- New game from Dead or Alive devs

Pantz

Gold Member
Who is Stefanie Joosten playing though? Is she also voicing or?
Seems to be the officer in blue uniform, Vivienne. I think she is voicing too.

Game still looks janky or maybe like a B-game but it has all the themes I like and even Tarantino movie vibes with these songs in the trailers. Hoping for the best, but it should still be interesting either way.

Alexios

Banned
Should have just hired Bright Memory's dev and worked on a full game out of his short indie stuff's core.

Last edited:

Mabdia

MV5BNDhjMzRkYjMtZjdkMS00MjU1LTlkYjctMzZkMjE3ZGMzNzY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_.jpg

Reminds me of Death by Degrees but looks better.

Definitely excited, looks fun.
This game could be so good if the gameplay wasn't that bad.

Vaelka

It's just sad to me that the characters look so generic when they can do better.
The Ninja Gaiden and DoA characters at least have their own style and look distinct.
The characters here sorta look like they just threw random shit together they found in some asset pack.

T-shirts and jeans + ponytail.
Wow truly the height of originality lel.
The enemies just look like generic goons too.

The combat at least looks cool.

VN1X

Banned
Yeah she voices the character that looks like her with the bad voice acting
Yeah honestly I didn't see it lol. I mean now that I know who the character is I still have a hard time seeing the resemblance but hey, MORE DUTCH REPRESENTATION BABY WHOOOO!!!! We comin' fo yo gaems n' shit.

synce

It is very weird to see Japanese devs subscribing to the western philosophy of "strong women" having to look ugly, especially former Team Ninja devs. You can no longer find attractive characters in games unless you consider gacha to be games.

Fredrik

It is very weird to see Japanese devs subscribing to the western philosophy of "strong women" having to look ugly, especially former Team Ninja devs. You can no longer find attractive characters in games unless you consider gacha to be games.
There are some left, Judy in Cyberpunk, Tifa in FF7RI, Lara Croft still looks nice, new Lara Croft Chloe in Lost Legacy, Aloy is stealthy hot, going by mods they’re really just hiding her with too many layers of fluffy clothes, Project Eve has a nice protagonist too.
But yeah, I agree. And women speak up on this too now, devs has simply gone too far. Look at female athletes, many are gorgeous, so where’s the idea that pretty women can’t be strong coming from?

Whitecrow

Banned
Whats with the people not noticing the incredible animations and the amazing character model?

Im so in with this game already only for that. Dont care if it ends rough in the graphics department.

Either the devs aren't familiar with how people respond or they're being sarcastic. Look at their response to the first reply. Lol

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest Wanted: Dead trailer, which debuted at SXSW, for another look at action-packed gameplay and lots of blood from the upcoming third-person action game.

Set in a dark and dangerous vision of cyberpunk Hong Kong, it places players in the role of Lt. Hannah Stone, leader of an elite team known as the "Zombie Squad," who work outside the purview of the traditional police force.

Wanted: Dead launches on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC in 2022.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not sure if others have mentioned it but this game looks almost identical to the 2010 reveal trailer for Devil's Third.

Just really interesting considering the connection.

Top Bottom