• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WandaVision |OT| Wanda's Mental Multiverse Breakdown

Bridges

Ahh ok, missed that. Did indeed watch it. Great film, enjoyed it.

Maybe the 'snap' was an internet thing, just always what I thought it was.
I watched it pretty recently myself, my assumption from it was they called it "The Blip" because most of the non-Avengers were not very aware of Thanos or how the event was caused by him literally snapping his fingers, so to me it made sense why the heroes would cal it "The Snap" given they had the context, and civilians would call it "The Blip" because they didn't.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it though and they just decided that sounded better.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I watched it pretty recently myself, my assumption from it was they called it "The Blip" because most of the non-Avengers were not very aware of Thanos or how the event was caused by him literally snapping his fingers, so to me it made sense why the heroes would cal it "The Snap" given they had the context, and civilians would call it "The Blip" because they didn't.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it though and they just decided that sounded better.

The Snap is what caused The Blip. It exists in the MCU as Peter saw a "The Snap" documentary when browsing the in flight movies in FFH.

sol_bad

Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Vision looked in the final shot of episode 4?
He really doesn't want to be there. He looks so nervous.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Official MCU style poster:
145027326_1152540495173561_2348683762630813520_o.jpg

Soodanim

Gold Member
Interpretation difference for e04:
I didn’t interpret dead Vision as Wanda dragging round the body and playing puppeteer, I just took it as her remembering the truth. If this is a fake dimension given all she’s created (even if some real people are stuck in it), I think it’s just as likely that the Vision we see is merely a creation within this world.

But I can see how either could be the direction it goes. Vision asking about what they do at his job could be Vision given false life questioning reality, or it could be Wanda’s mind not having come up with details of Vision’s job within this fantasy.

When do episodes go live?

sol_bad

So is this Wanda's version of depression then? Just creating a perfect world in her head?

It seems like it after episode 4 and it has happened in the comics. But Marvel Studios could still flip things on its head and surprise us. They do tend to try and surprise or change things up for comic fans.

sobaka770

Banned
Solid show, great production values as always and an interesting angle for the narrative. Disney is really putting an effort in these shows so far.

I think it's good that Wanda and Vision get some additional screen time because as movie characters both are pretty much non entities, especially Vision. (I mean more than others, marvel characters are all pretty shadow caricatures).

I really hope there's more to all this because the current twist was obvious from the very first trailer. Something more sinister than Wanda having a meltdown and creating her own pocket universe to compensate.

pramod

Banned
That was nuts, can't believe what I just saw.

Vision's nervous breakdown reminds me of THAT scene in The Truman Show.

And although at face value it seems that Wanda is in control of everything, but there's also a ton of other signs that she isn't.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Yep, very good episode. Some really damn good acting from Paul Bettany.

Episode spoiler, nothing leaked related as I haven't seen that.
He actually made me really sad when he said he couldn't remember any thing before Westview. I'm fine with Evan Peters being Quicksilver in the context of this show, I'd be really annoyed if they literally recast Aaron Taylor Johnson.
AND YEAH, Wanda is totally not in control and I like how she has no idea who or what is in control.

Last edited:
all a spoiler

That was a cool surprise with the X men version of quicksilver

don’t think it is recasting, more the door opening on the multi verse (from this series, to possibly Loki and onto Spider-Man and doctor strange)

really digging the strangeness and general off kilter story and presentation (I do think Wanda is a bit of a prisoner in there as well, but to whom ?)

Last edited:

sol_bad

So I guess the fox xmen are now cannon😁

No
Evens in this isn't Quicksilver from the Fox films. It's just a resident from Westview playing his part as an "actor" and that part is Piotr. Just like Norm and Herb and all the other characters in the bubble.
And I don't think Wanda cast Evans as her own brother, whoever is really in control did.

ManaByte

Gold Member
No
Evens in this isn't Quicksilver from the Fox films. It's just a resident from Westview playing his part as an "actor" and that part is Piotr. Just like Norm and Herb and all the other characters in the bubble.
And I don't think Wanda cast Evans as her own brother, whoever is really in control did.
if he was the Quicksilver from the Fox films you'd see Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg with producer credits as they created that version of the character.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
if he was the Quicksilver from the Fox films you'd see Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg with producer credits as they created that version of the character.
Then why use that actor at all? Just to fuck with the fans?

My guess is their is some entity that needs wandas power to tap into the multiverse. Use her like a battery of sorts and needs her under control to do so. I think It will be revealed that whoever/whatever it is tried and failed. So it then had to use her grief over Vision to control her but after that started to buckle in comes Pietro to try and get her back under control. And since the Pietro in her Universe has been dead for awhile they grabbed someone from whichever universe it was tapping into.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

No
But she said to Vision she wasn't doing this. I guess you are right but let's see how it plays out.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Then why use that actor at all? Just to fuck with the fans?

Same reason JK Simmons is playing a new version of JJ and Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina are playing different versions (not dead) of Electro/Doc Ock. To use "legacy" Marvel cast members in new ways.
You guys are overthinking this.

The new QS is multi-verse shenanigans. They cant bring back dead people. Pietro is dead.. X-men-verse QS is “alive.” I don’t care if Singer isn’t listed in the credits.. it’s obviously a nod to the multiverse.
You might not care, but the lawyers do.

TrainedRage

Banned
I tried. I really tried. But my god this show is boring as all hell. Also I laugh every time I see the run length. The credits are almost as long as each episode.

One thing these huge corporations will never understand is that too many cooks spoil the broth. And this broth tastes like black and white beans on toast.

Superhero shows are dead to me.

levyjl1988

Banned
Wanda is so powerful she subconsciously took Quicksilver from a different alternate dimension, brainwashed him to enter this universe. When Vision frees his memories the stories he will tell.
Then again they changed actors for Rodey and Banner. I wonder how they explain that, or will Deadpool do it. Breaking so many walls here.

This is the way. This is what Agents of shield shouldve been. A weekly dose of mcu that actually moves the story along.
Also, i love the theory that Quicksilver was plucked from the xmen universe because while Wanda can resurect Vision he wasnt human and the corpse we saw waa how he really is without the glamour. Full on dead human resurection is still a no no.

No

My theory is that Quicksilver looks like that because the person fucking with Wanda knows him to look like that, I'm thinking its a x-men villain from another timeline where thats what Quicksilver looks like so they are using him. And this will be the catalyst that makes Wanda understand she isnt in control and look into it more.

The only thing i dont know is who, Mephisto is already in this reality and i cant think of another villain who has illusion powers, unless its just straight up psychic powers

sol_bad

My theory is that Quicksilver looks like that because the person fucking with Wanda knows him to look like that, I'm thinking its a x-men villain from another timeline where thats what Quicksilver looks like so they are using him. And this will be the catalyst that makes Wanda understand she isnt in control and look into it more.

The only thing i dont know is who, Mephisto is already in this reality and i cant think of another villain who has illusion powers, unless its just straight up psychic powers

There isn't any illusions. Reality is literally being changed within the Westview bubble. Regarding cloth material etc. So it's someone who can change reality.

And did anyone else feel sad when Vision said he can't remember anything and was scared?

Top Bottom