• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait a second, I thought Callisto was going to be PlayStation exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svbarnard

Banned
I remember when Sony unveiled Callisto during their gaming event months ago, or was it last year, I can't quite remember, but I saw NeoGaf members talking about it and I could have sworn it was PlayStation exclusive? I mean Xbox is getting starfield so it makes sense that PlayStation gets Callisto, but now I'm just finding out that Callisto is coming to Xbox as well.

How did I get confused on this? I could have sworn that when Callisto was first unveiled they said it was PlayStation exclusive, am I the only one who got confused?

Man I tell you what Microsoft is killing it with the exclusives, they just went and literally bought out all the competition.

I remember when Sony unveiled Callisto during their gaming event months ago, or was it last year, I can't quite remember, but I saw NeoGaf members talking about it and I could have sworn it was PlayStation exclusive? I mean Xbox is getting starfield so it makes sense that PlayStation gets Callisto, but now I'm just finding out that Callisto is coming to Xbox as well.

How did I get confused on this? I could have sworn that when Callisto was first unveiled they said it was PlayStation exclusive, am I the only one who got confused?

Man I tell you what Microsoft is killing it with the exclusives, they just went and literally bought out all the competition.
No one ever said anything exclusive - not sure where you are getting that from.

How does Calisto getting "PlayStation Exclusive" compares to Starfield makes any sense at all? Starfield is being made by a Company that Microsoft bought. KRAFTON is not owned by anybody. And Neither is Calisto Protocol similar in any shape or form to Starfield. Does it only make sense because they are both Sci Fi games that take place in space? If that's what you consider "similar" games then please seek help. Jesus Christ, people are so misinformed and down right ignorant beyond belief on this forum.

Last edited:
Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

skit_data

Yeah, i remember how some people though The Witcher 3 is Xbox exclusive back then.
Yeah, some people just go by marketing agreements. I remember someone at my earlier job saying
”Are you playing on PS4?” and I was like ”Yeah” and he said
”Oh you wanna play the next CoD? I heard CoD is only coming to PS4” and I went
”Right. I don’t play CoD.” because I’m a dick.

Last edited:

Fbh

It happens all the time.

Console makers don't like to acknowledge or promote other consoles during their events so they ask publishers to not mention other consoles when showing a game during their event.

So a multiplaform game shown during a Sony event will usually only have a PS4/ps5 logo at the end or some statement like "coming to playstation this fall"

And every single time some people inevitably go "OMFG it's exclusive?!?1?1!1!1?1!1?".

Could you explain the logic behind CP being exclusive because starfield is?
it’s common sense.

Mario is exclusive to Nintendo, so it only makes sense Starfield is exclusive. And if Starfield is exclusive, it only makes sense CP is.

But it isn’t, so that really complicates things. Makes me think Zelda isn’t going to be exclusive.

by logic in here CoD will be Xbox exclusive lol.

I mean it SHOULD be Xbox exclusive but if MS throw about their marketing then people will associate CoD with Xbox. Huge blow to Sony!

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
lol everyone acting as if they knew it wasn't PS exclusive.

It was available for digital pre-order on Xbox 4 months ago and marketed as such so...

Edit - here's the newswire on it even.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06...-pre-download-on-xbox-one-and-xbox-series-xs/

AND nobody is "acting" as if they knew it wasn't exclusive. We did know it wasn't exclusive because we don't have the memory of Dory from Finding Nemo. That's what.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm not sure how you got confused about it. Maybe because you may have saw it during a Sony showcase? I think it popped up on one of them. Or you saw a trailer covered in Sony marketing material? But it was always meant to be multiplatform. From the get-go I knew I was getting it on PC, though I wanted it on PS5 just to get the collector's until I decided against it. 🤷‍♂️

No, it's not and it's not you either. We've just been conditioned by Pressers where every 3rd party game opens or ends with... CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE or CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE. Clearly it's effective tho, so I get why they do it.

Last edited:
Isn't it obvious? Both games are space games, so playstation gets 1 xbox gets 1
That's not logical at all. StarCraft is also a game based on space stuff, so is Mass Effect and Homeworld 3. So does this mean that...

StarCraft PC exclusive space game
Mass Effect Xbox exclusive space game
Calisto Protocol PS exclusive space game
Homeworld 3 Nintendo Switch exclusive space game.

You cannot be this fucking dense...oh wait.. you are.

No one ever said anything exclusive - not sure where you are getting that from.

How does Calisto getting "PlayStation Exclusive" compares to Starfield makes any sense at all? Starfield is being made by a Company that Microsoft bought. KRAFTON is not owned by anybody. And Neither is Calisto Protocol similar in any shape or form to Starfield. Does it only make sense because they are both Sci Fi games that take place in space? If that's what you consider "similar" games then please seek help. Jesus Christ, people are so misinformed and down right ignorant beyond belief on this forum.
Calm the hell down.

One person was confused and he already said he was wrong.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This is the announcement trailer where they totally imply its a PS exclusive right?

The State of Play trailer where unimaginably Sony wouldnt mention that the game is also coming out on Xbox.

Here is the Truth about Black Iron trailer where Microsoft inexplicably didnt mention the game is also going to be Playstation

Im with OP on this one, it totally makes sense that Microsoft gets Starfield, then Sony should get The Callisto Protocol.
It has to be fair, if Xbox gets a game in space, then Playstation has to get a game in space.
If Playstation gets a Mythology game, the Xbox has to get a Mythology game.
Which is why Hades is obviously Xbox exclusive.
6467850_sd.jpg

Arcadialane

That's not logical at all. StarCraft is also a game based on space stuff, so is Mass Effect and Homeworld 3. So does this mean that...

StarCraft PC exclusive space game
Mass Effect Xbox exclusive space game
Calisto Protocol PS exclusive space game
Homeworld 3 Nintendo Switch exclusive space game.

You cannot be this fucking dense...oh wait.. you are.

Yup that's how it works, it actually is perfectly logical, I just don't think you get it man :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom