• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VR Skater - Official PSVR2 Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A skateboarding game designed from the ground up for VR, is now coming to PlayStation VR2.
Join Andi from Deficit Games as he explains the controls, customization and why VR Skater is a must-play for skateboarding fans!

VR Skater is coming soon to PlayStation VR2.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Last edited:

midnightAI

Crayon

I was looking at the forum late last night and early today and I never saw that commpilation thread!

midnightAI

This game looks pretty cool, interesting use of the controllers to pull off tricks, environments look interesting also but a men's urinal? Weird

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wow, you really don't like new threads being created do you :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I don't see the issue with a thread per game, means the conversation is about that game rather than all mixed up. It's normal to create threads for game announcements, it's happens every E3/Game Awards.
Yeah I'm not sure what his problem is.

New threads are made for individual announcements and trailers for every show/event. It's completely normal.

ZoukGalaxy

Wow, you really don't like new threads being created do you :messenger_grinning_squinting:

I don't see the issue with a thread per game, means the conversation is about that game rather than all mixed up. It's normal to create threads for game announcements, it's happens every E3/Game Awards.
Was going to answer the same 😹, saw an answer in every single Perp thread 🥴

Last edited:

TheMan

so this is basically a VR version of those finger tech boards from the 90s. I’m think there’s potential here for sure but it could just as easily suck balls.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This looks interesting. I wonder if skateboarders will like this game or find it doesn't go far enough.

Toots

Gold Member
Man that guy is really full of it. "Feels just like skateboarding" my ass.
Yeah weird flex on his part it only shows how little he knows about skateboarding.
Watching the vids the dudes are more skiing than anything with their torsoes facing frontward, like they always are on the verge of doing a 180 front. Plus anyone who put more than a toe on a skate board should understand how futile it is to try and emulate those sensations with a hand held controller. It would be silly like try to emulate skydiving with a fan facing towards your ass.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I think I just prefer to mash combos on a gamepad. Never was a fan of the more realistic, sports-oriented skating games and this sure as hell doesn't look intuitive at all.

This would be a perfect time to bring back Tony Hawk and that skateboard controller that he came up with like a decade ago but it flopped hard. It actually sounds like it would be a great peripheral for a VR-based skating game if they'd work out all of the kinks and flaws of the original design.

1019687-thride.png

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new gameplay traler for Deficit Games' VR Skater was broadcast during the Summer Showcase, where we saw some cool FGS stickers on the game's customizable decks. VR Skater is kickflipping its way onto PS VR 2 headsets in 2023.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
in just got this game for 5 buck

and it fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Last edited:
Top Bottom