• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VR Headset Inquiry

Digity

So I picked up a PSVR for dirt cheap just to play around with it and fell in love with how it works for Gran Turismo Sport. Sadly you can't race online in VR which prompted me to see if there was a way I could use it on my PC. Turns out there is and I have now tried it with many other games. Upon doing this I'm realizing how subpar the headset really is and I would like to upgrade to a dedicated PC VR headset. I really don't know which to go with and was looking for some suggestions as which to choose. I'm mainly gonna be sim racing and playing things that won't involve me moving around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Thabian

I'm mainly gonna be sim racing and playing things that won't involve me moving around.

For sims the go to VR headset is the HP Reverb G2. It has the highest resolution of any mainstream consumer headset and costs around $600. The main weakness it has is lower quality controller tracking compared to the Quest and Index. Since you don't use the controllers for sims it's a non issue.

Keep in mind you'll need a powerful GPU, preferably a 2080 TI or higher.

Last edited:

Digity

For sims the go to VR headset is the HP Reverb G2. It has the highest resolution of any mainstream consumer headset and costs around $600. The main weakness it has is lower quality controller tracking compared to the Quest and Index. Since you don't use the controllers for sims it's a non issue.

Keep in mind you'll need a powerful GPU, preferably a 2080 TI or higher.

I’m in Canada so that price is much higher sadly. I’m rockin a 1080ti right now. Bout $1000 for the hp, how’s the g1? I’m seeing it go for about $400-$500.

Last edited:

Thabian

I’m in Canada so that price is much higher sadly. I’m rockin a 1080ti right now. Bout $1000 for the hp, how’s the g1? I’m seeing it go for about $400-$500.

The G1 was the previous standard for a VR Sim headset prior to the G2 release. If all you want to spend is $400-$500 a G1 isn't a bad option. Your only other real option is the Oculus Quest 2 for $300.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Honestly, I'd get a Quest 2 if I were you. It's cheap, you can play PC VR games wirelessly, its screen quality is very good for the price, you've always got the option of stand alone wireless play, and it's easily the most popular headset around. Echo the sentiment that you'll need a decent PC rig for it though. Your 1080ti will struggle with the latest VR games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom