• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thurible

Never made a thread before so expect the quality of this original post to be crap. I made this thread for people to talk about their favorite visual novels and why they love them so. You can post art, story details (try to watch for spoilers), and what have you. I am also making this thread so pork_gamete has an appropriate space to talk about his visual novel that he is currently making.

I'll start. I enjoy the Ace Attorney series for it's wacky humor and strange cases. The twists and turnabouts (pun intended) can be very clever indeed. I don't want to spoil but there is one case in the series where you are defending a "terrorist" rebel and it turns out that the defendant isn't quite what "he" seems... There are also a few cases where you have animals on the stand (a whale and a parrot to be exact) and you have to cross examine them as they somehow give pertinent details to the case. (Seriously, the parrot says something about a "Polly" and the judge agrees that it could be related to the case at hand. Polly is a common name for parrots! ex. "Polly want a cracker?").

I also find Danganronpa to be a pretty interesting game, though I could see through the twist at the end. There is a sort of friendship system where you can buy items from a vending machine and give it to them. It reveals new dialogue and information on the characters and the story. Also, that Monokuma character is kind of funny and creepy. Why does he have an evil looking half to his body?

What I like about both of these games is that they are both kind of puzzles you have to solve and think through. "Who is the killer and why" are usually at the forefront of my mind. They are also very quirky and strange in a good way.

NOW BEGIN!

VO5c.gif

Skyn3t

Banned
I understand that there are some visual novel games for pervs who like hentai and stuff. I bet they're the best in the genre. The question is, how hardcore do they get?

Lightsbane

I love Steins;Gate.

Zero is also good, but it's really dark. Maybe a bit too much, for me. It's a story worth reading, but of course there is next to no gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom