• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novel Community

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Apparently it's a very good *adult* VN and it's coming to Steam. :messenger_winking_tongue:
I never heard of "Sisters: last days of summer" NEVER!
RIJ2cyq.gif

Japanese developer Yuzusoft announced on February 19 that its bishōjo visual novel game Senren*Banka has sold over half a million copies worldwide. The award-winning game has received many positive reviews, setting a benchmark for future romance visual novels containing adult content. The censored version of the game is available on PC (Steam) and Nintendo Switch. A free DLC that unlocks an unrated PC version can be downloaded on GOG.

protonion

I was browsing the PS store and I wish listed these two:

Clannad
Pixel Pulps collection

Do you recommend any of them?

Via Gematsu

PQube will release MAGES.-developed romance visual novel SINce Memories: Off the Starry Sky for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in the west, the publisher announced. Release timing was not announced, but Amazon lists a September 24 release date.

SINce Memories: Off the Starry Sky is the latest entry in the long-running Memories Off series, and first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on September 16, 2021 in Japan and Asia, followed by PC on December 16, 2021.

I got rather recently into VNs through a friend of mine back in 2022 so there's not many that I've read/played so far. But from the ones I've read and/or played I enjoyed World End Syndrome, Steins;Gate, but also the more interactive ones like AI Somnium Files, 13 Sentinels and Rain Code.

Yeah I haven't played a lot myself but I'm planning on playing more over the next few years

For me the best VNs are

The House In Fata Morgana
The Zero Escape Trilogy
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Danganronpa

I'll be playing through all Ace Attorney games on Switch this year

Also getting Death Mark II. Enjoyed the first two but they were just good

Yeah I haven't played a lot myself but I'm planning on playing more over the next few years

For me the best VNs are

The House In Fata Morgana
The Zero Escape Trilogy
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
Danganronpa

I'll be playing through all Ace Attorney games on Switch this year

Also getting Death Mark II. Enjoyed the first two but they were just good
Very good VNs there! :messenger_fire: I have most of these as well with the exception of The Zero Escape Trilogy which I'll be getting during a sale on Steam and Death Mark II.

Tbh, like half of my current wishlist on Steam are VNs lol, and I plan on getting them all eventually to play them once I get a Steam Deck 2 in 2025, 2056 or whenever Valve release it.

I bought the visual novel of The Witch and the Holy Night. In any case, this visual novel catches my attention... If not, I will use my hand all the time to translate using Google translator I. A. 😂😂😂
I know it's a great VN from a friend of mine who imported it last year from Japan so hopefully you'll have a great experience reading/playing it (not jealous at all :p).

That said, I'm pretty bummed that I missed out on the limited edition of the Witch on the Holy Night last year. It was cheap when converted from yen to euro, but it only caught my attention after my friend wouldn't stop talking about it. However, by then, it was too late, lol.

Anyway, I'll be asking a friend who plans to go to Japan to get me either the Switch or the PS4 limited edition of this VN from there. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
I know it's a great VN from a friend of mine who imported it last year from Japan so hopefully you'll have a great experience reading/playing it (not jealous at all :p).

That said, I'm pretty bummed that I missed out on the limited edition of the Witch on the Holy Night last year. It was cheap when converted from yen to euro, but it only caught my attention after my friend wouldn't stop talking about it. However, by then, it was too late, lol.

Anyway, I'll be asking a friend who plans to go to Japan to get me either the Switch or the PS4 limited edition of this VN from there. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

That one I really want to play too

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

I didn't know you also liked visual novels.

Via NoisyPixel:
Eastasiasoft announced that the GameNobility-developed visual novel Sunny Café is available now on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Nintendo Switch. The Steam version has been updated with English text options. The game initially launched in 2021 and has received positive reviews from players. Digital pricing is set at $14.99, with a launch discount available for select regions and platforms.

Nevadatan

So... the headpat simulator.

who made the translation patch?, because all i find is the pirate version with the patch pre-applied. and im not into that.
i bought it a while ago, but back then there was no translation patch.
and im only looking for the translation patch.
zxscZNcC_o.png

Blindy

In chapter 3 of Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II, so far so good. The QOL improvements from Death Mark I and NG is evident, no more dungeon crawler movement aspects, they have character movements ala 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and so far, no gimmicks like Corpse Party where it forces you to navigate away from danger. 1st case is kinda basic but hoping that's just because it's the introduction. Love seeing the returning cast from Death Mark I assist your main character in the cases here, I still remember each one!

The jumpscares this game threw at you in Chapter 2 got me, it's some trollish shit much like the previous games. The hilarious part is they warn you about jump scares and consider turning them off if you have a weak heart AFTER a real nasty jumpscare of the supposed reocurring antagonist of the game.

Still early(4-5 hours) so tough to make a full judgment but so far so good. I loved Death Mark I and liked NG so I know what to expect out of this series, just hope this game from start to finish is superb.

Think the gameplan for visual novels of 2024 is saving Raging Loop as my Halloween VN with Spirit Hunter 2 being played now(NG was last year's). I ordered Bu$tafellows which I heard great things about but I am not too familiar with Otome genres, might need to find time for that one this year. Easier said than done.

Last edited:
Didn't find a recent 13 sentinels thread so this one should do.
GoodSmile, Vanillaware, and Atlus have announced that Qset figures of Tsukasa Okino from 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim are now available in the character’s classic and cross-dressing attires. Both figures cost $19.99 and are planned to be released during the first quarter of 2025.

CC Danjin44 Danjin44 in case you're interested. :p

Last edited:

The Switch version of TALESshop-developed romance visual novel Some Some Convenience Store will launch on July 25, publisher CFK announced.

In Japan, the game will be available both physically and digitally. The limited edition will include a special box, visual book, 16-track original soundtrack CD, and an acrylic panel. Pre-orders for both the standard and limited editions include a three-track heroine character songs CD.
Some-Some-Convenience-Switch_04-03-24_002.jpg

Some-Some-Convenience-Switch_04-03-24_003.jpg

Top Bottom