• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videos That Blew Your Mind

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I already started a similar thread in the Politics section but realised other people may have videos that blew their minds NOT related to politics. This is my offering. I'd love to see which videos blew your minds:

If you're interested in documentaries, this is a good link for content:

I already started a similar thread in the Politics section but realised other people may have videos that blew their minds NOT related to politics. This is my offering. I'd love to see which videos blew your minds:

As an Atheist, I watched and bought into this movie. After being refuted and brushing it off, a few years later actually digging into it, there was a lot of false information and truth bending.

V4skunk

Banned

If Zeitgeist is now offensive material, you know it is the truth.

TheContact

video game related:
I played CS hardcore back in high school, and while you look at these shots at being lame and unimpressive, back then it wasn't. This movie also helped pave the way for other "skill" videos.

the scale of the universe. it wasn't this particular video that blew my mind back in college but it's very similar:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It still blew your mind though, no? :)
I'm more interested in what videos blew your mind, not whether after they blew your mind they were refuted ;)

I mean, by that logic, a video of Santa Clause blew my mind when I was about 5. For Zeitgeist I was 14. Suppose it was mind-blowing in high school before we all grew up and realised it was twaddle.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I mean, by that logic, a video of Santa Clause blew my mind when I was about 5. For Zeitgeist I was 14. Suppose it was mind-blowing in high school before we all grew up and realised it was twaddle.

Santa Clause has been refuted? Fuck, there goes my Christmas.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Santa Clause has been refuted? Fuck, there goes my Christmas.

There's always still Moses at Hanukkah, don't worry.

309_big_mo.gif

420bits

the scale of the universe. it wasn't this particular video that blew my mind back in college but it's very similar:

Haven't seen that one but another one which didn't include nebulas and solar systems, i think it stopped around Canis Majoris. Not only is it mindboggling on the size of things but also how fucking insignificant planet earth and its inhabitants are.

Space is kinda like death when you think about it, you can't grasp it and when you think about it, it just becomes overwhelming.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
video game related:
I played CS hardcore back in high school, and while you look at these shots at being lame and unimpressive, back then it wasn't. This movie also helped pave the way for other "skill" videos.

hell yeah, the pinnacle of competitive esports

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Back then I did not even know, that I have some called megalophobia, despite being scientific video, I felt terror during watching this from 2:00 minute mark.

HotPocket69

Banned
Whether true or not, Zeitgeist is a fascinating watch. I think the entire first part about God and Jesus is pretty spot on personally.

My picks:

The Bob Lazar interview about Area 51 with Rogan basically melted my brain for a week.

Last edited:
This video was shadowbanned banned from youtube a long time ago, it's not really supposed to be on the website as the creator was banned.

Also this movie which is free on youtube apparently, it's way better than the short story

Rap news is pretty good, it is a little woke though. This video does a good job of explaining the concept of supremacy. When you understand that certain people decide when the law applies, and when it doesn't and how, and they do this for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual law, you start to understand society isn't what you think it is.

After I saw this rap news video I found out that major sporting events and the Olympics in particular are used by governments to change society. They don't want the Olympics in their country because it brings money, they want it because it gives them an excuse to enforce policies that otherwise would be problematic. Or in other cases it just gives individuals with political influence opportunities to steal money.

Last edited:

Aarbron

The productions in the Demo scene have always impressed (be the productions on modern or retro machines).

One particularly, jumps out at me. This demo production, Rise and Shine by Elude, blew me away when I saw it in 2017. Written for the Commodore Amiga AGA chipset. Both the Amiga 1200 and Amiga 4000 were released in 1992.

Most probably will not find it impressive. But I know there is a few who will get, but given it was written for a graphical chipset (and Paula audio chip developed earlier) developed in the early 1990s amazes me. Granted it needs an accelerated Amiga (A1200 or A4000 with a Motorola 68060 or UAE), but it amazes what developers can pull even out of such old hardware.

HoodWinked

MGS2 E3 trailer, it made your jaw drop the first you saw it the way the systems seamlessly interacted was like black magic the AI routines, the hit detection, environmental interactions like shooting out lights, glass bottles, windows, pipes.

(timestamped)

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Don’t take this the wrong way when I say but watching 9/11 live on TV. It “blew my mind” as in oh fuck. What a tragic accident to holy shit this was intentional. But realising in real time.

basically hearing news of plane flew Into one it twin towers thinking omg what a crazy accident to watching live the second plane fly into the other tower. Then realising someone planned this. It wasn’t a good mind blowing experience.

Last edited:

30 seconds long.

It's a test for a new defense wall. Have a look at how fast the dump truck hits the wall, what's left of the truck and how sturdy the wall is.

Newton spinning in his grave

Top Bottom