• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame "facts" that only you are aware of.

Nintendo allowed the weirdest stuff to be put on the Satellaview:
8653157f3bed67e9b28498190e914dbb.png
6b0e615c4049648102be626e8c154692.png
54f061bb4229905df3ebddd029aba3d6.png

dave_d

Here's an old one. The easiest way to kill the second boss in the NES version of Trojan is to use your shield. (Just block when he jumps over to your side, you'll kill him almost instantly.) Never heard anyone mention that.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Just started my first "Professional" run in RE4 and found out that you run straight to the bell tower, climb to the top and tuck yourself in the back corner next to the ladder. Molotovs will come raining in, but as long as you're in that corner, you can just wait it out and not fire a single shot.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
No one will care, but:

Final Fantasy XV
If you hold the analog stick in different directions during a warp strike, you'll perform different attacks, like three variations per weapon. It seems to have a slight difference for stringing together combos and such, but combos are pretty much just flavor because you can beat anything by holding circle.

Furthermore, Chocobos can swim. Never knew this. You have to take them into the water in the Vesperpool to reach a couple of out of the way fishing spots.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In Sonic 3D for the Sega Megadrive you could literally slam the top of the cartridge with your fist and it would glitch to the level select menu.

Found this by accident when I was round a mates house and we where fooling around at one point we got frustrated with the game (Sonic 3D is shit afterall) and wham... imagine our suprise to find a reward for doing that, and that this then worked pretty much every other time, including on my own cartridge at home.

That's right by literally rage slamming your cartridge you can jump to a cheat menu.

Last edited:
In Resident Evil 4, Mendez was a rare case. He wasn't a man infected with the Las Plagas. He was in fact a very large block of Mature Cheddar infected with the virus. Luis, being a researcher for the Los Illuminados, discovered this secret hence why he refers to him as "The Big Cheese".

Top Bottom