• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Shows: Docos, Game Hunting, Collecting

Bullet Club

Remembering Road Rash

Road Rash was such a funky blend of sound, visuals and art, and it would become one of my most beloved Genesis franchises.

Legendary lost game found on Team17's Amiga!

On today's menu we find & recreate the intro to cancelled game Witchwood using original code!

Beyond The Scanlines #015: Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (Amiga/Commodore 64/ZX Spectrum)

Arcade racing games have come a long way from the earliest days of the arcade and onto home systems. One of the defining 16-bit efforts was Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, developed by Magnetic Fields and published by Gremlin in 1990.

In this episode of Beyond The Scanlines, I'll be taking a look at the original Commodore Amiga version, alongside ports to the Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum.

The Story of the Atari 7800 Laser Disc

This short documentary looks at the story of Atari's ill-fated Laser Disc project and the unreleased 7800 LD add-on.

Rare Super Mario Bros. NES Game Discovered

A rare boxed Super Mario Bros. NES game was discovered by Pat.

Lode Runner & Raid on Bungeling Bay retrospective: Brød wars | NES Works #050

American publisher makes its NES (and console) debut with conversions of two of its own landmark computer titles: Doug Smith's Lode Runner and Will Wright's Raid on Bungeling Bay. Neither men had any direct involvement with these conversions, which instead were handled by Japanese developer Hudson. The result is a pair of visually overhauled (but generally quite faithful) ports that go a long way toward embodying the overall tone and style that would define NES games. At the same time, these ports speak to America and Japan's shared love of great games while highlighting the stylistic differences between east and west in the 8-bit era. A solid duo of classics... though perhaps a bit slow to reach the U.S. to have true impact here.

Bullet Club

HD Remasters 3 - Game Sack

Episode 257 - Did you miss out on certain games the first time around and interested in buying the new HD versions? Or just want to upgrade your old copy just for fun? Well check out how some of them compare to the originals in this episode.

Sega and the Atari 2600

Before Sega had a console of its own on the North American market, it supported systems like the Atari 2600. Let's take a look at the games they were involved with.

The Great Space Race - The ZX Spectrum's Biggest and Worst Hype Job | Kim Justice

Following the big success of a game called Valhalla, a company called Legend presented The Great Space Race to the ZX Spectrum world, with promises that the game was just like a movie! It was anything but. Let us dig up the details on this disaster. Enjoy!

Rare Stadium Events Cart Found in $100 Game Lot!

Journey to Silius (NES) - Retro Game Review

Today I'm reviewing an NES game that was originally supposed to be an adaptation of The Terminator.

TheNesPursuit - The Things You Just Don't See - Nintendo Sega Xbox - Episode 107

Game On Expo HERE WE COME! This is one gaming expo the boys have NEVER missed! The squad gets some gaming goodies that they have never seen before and did not even know existed!

Bullet Club

Retro Computer Festival Day 1 ft. Dick Smith Wizzard, Rare Clone Systems and ZX Spectrum Prototypes

The 2019 Cambridge Retro Computer Festival featured a staggering amount of rare computers, consoles, and other assorted gems - a wide range of exhibits for any taste. Here's a good look at Day 1 of the festival! Including some very rare clone systems, from hordes of Dendy to a Mega Drive that also has a keyboard. Enjoy!

The Sega CD - Mega CD Top 10

It's time we take a look at my favorite Sega CD games.

TRS-80 DT-1 Refurb Pt1: Analysis and Electronics

Did you know Radio Shack made a terminal? And that it is AWESOME!

My Atari Jaguar Complete Cart Collection

After collecting the Atari Jaguar for over 20 years, I have finally completed a licensed cart collection. My journey started in the late 90s when I got my first Jaguar. Since then I have collected it a little at a time until now I have a licensed cart collection. The CD collection will be in a different video.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening retrospective: A recurring dream | Game Boy Works Color #007

We have yet another early Game Boy Color release that got its start in monochrome—but this one's a little different. Rather than appearing as a late Game Boy release and hastily being reworked for color, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening debuted back in 1993 and was given a comprehensive overhaul for the new handheld. While largely the same game as the original release, with few visual or mechanical changes outside of a more vivid palette, Link's Awakening DX does add new material to Nintendo's handheld classic: A new bonus dungeon, some new gear, and Game Boy Printer support. It ultimately amounts to a minor upgrade, yes, but the base game was so strong that it didn't need much in the way of an overhaul. Here, as on Game Boy, it's a genuine classic.

The Most Overlooked Retro Game Shop in Japan | Hard Officers Hauls Episode 17

We're the Hard Officers! Two friends exploring every last game store in Japan. Subscribe for more stuff like this!

In this episode we went to K-House in Nagoya, Japan. This store was nuts! We were tripping over boxes and boxes of games for MSX, PC Engine, Sega Saturn, Mega CD, 3DO, Virtual Boy, Wonderswan... It was seriously nuts. And Game Boys for not an insane amount of money!

This place rules. If you pass over it when you are in Nagoya, you have our pity.

Hard Officers Hauls Ep. 18 - 3 Retro Game Shops in Nagoya, Japan

More retro game shop fun times from Nagoya!

The 2000 Games for Atari Jaguar and Lynx

To celebrate reaching 2,000 subscribers on this channel, I thought it a perfect time to discuss Atari's "2000" series of games for the Jaguar and Lynx! Thank you for your support, it is TRULY appreciated!

Bullet Club

Castlevania The Metroidvanias - Game Sack

Episode 259 - Another focused look at the Castlevania series, this time the 2D ones that fall into the "Metroidvania" style of gameplay. Which is the best and which is the worst?

Commodore 65 + IBM PC 5100! Cambridge Retro Computer Festival Day 2 | Kim Justice

The 2nd day of the Retro Computer Festival, if anything, featured even more amazing exhibits. This video features a Commodore 65, an IBM PC 5100, some amazing rare clone carts, Tatung Einstein Elite, and the state of Bulletin Boards in 2019. Enjoy!

TheNesPursuit - Power Blading and Famicom Friends - Episode 109

Riff heads down to A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR RETRO...South Carolina! And we is joined by the entire RETRO FORCE! The South East Game Exchange is the destination and this place is filled with more retro than they have seen in years!!

A Mountain of Japanese Retro Games | Hard Officers Hauls Ep. 19

This week we explore a Hard Off RIGHT in front of Mount Fuji!

Pilotwings 64 retrospective: Jet tricks and chill | N64 Works #002

This series' Nintendo 64 launch retrospective wraps up with a look back at the, uh, second N64 launch title: Pilotwings 64. As with Super Mario 64, it builds on a Super NES launch title by expanding its design into proper 3D space while also making its overall design and progression a bit more bite-sized and approachable. Although it's quite dated all these years later, you can definitely see it as a leap forward from what had come before.

Also this episode: The Japan-exclusive third launch title, Saikyo Habu Shogi.

Most Memorable Arcade Moments

What are some of your memorable arcade moments?

Bullet Club

Apple’s MS-DOS Compatible 486 Macintosh from 1995!

The Power Macintosh 6100/66 DOS Compatible is a fascinating machine. For $2,199 in 1995 you got MS-DOS and Mac OS in one computer, thanks to an Intel 486 and a PowerPC 601 inside! Yeah, mid-90s Apple was rather amusing.

Pac-Man Ghost AI Explained

Ever wondered how exactly each ghost follows Pac-Man around? It's all explained right here.

Dendy: Russia's Fake Nintendo Console

In the 1990s Russia experienced the growth of its video game industry. The first console to ever gain popularity in Russia was Dendy - a Russian bootleg version of the Nintendo Entertainment System. Hope u like and sub thx xoxo

Can you run an NES from AA batteries?

Finally, a video that tells the truth about the long-standing question of NES consoles running on AA batteries.

Ranking Every Nintendo Console

Bullet Club

The Game Chasers Ep 75 - Going Down Dookie River

It's time for the guys to hit up a new flea market in the middle of nowhere where they find a potential new lead on some video games. Meanwhile, something that has never happened before sends everyone up dookie river...

The Nintendo 64 - An Unexpected Journey

Some of gamings best experiences tend to come out of nowhere. That was certainly the case with me and the Nintendo 64. In the beginning, I had no clue it would end up being one of my favorite systems ever.

Famicom Titler: A $400 NES That Edits Videos | Nostalgia Nerd

Costing 43,000 Yen, or roughly $400 at the time (now approximately $800), this is the Sharp Famicom Titler. An NES/Famicom combined with a Genlock system, so that you can edit videos, or combine other input sources, 1989 STYLE.

PSP Go - Celebrating 10 Years!

I bought my PSP Go within a week of its release 10 years ago. Here's a quick look and what games I have on it making it one of my favorite portables of all time.

Bad GraFx Gamers - EP 23 "Moo Poo Farm"

The Ohio Yokels take on Retropalooza once again in this episode meeting new jaspers who are looking to keep their bill folds nice and gurthy. Buzzy also purchases a gold mine box from someone who attends the convention. As the rednecks head back to their home state they go to their archives for one of the most hilarious stunts to date. Grab your brewski & tater chips, this is a good one.

Pokemon Sword & Shield, Sony Restructuring, Batman Rumors, AlphaDream Done | SpawnCast Ep 131

Bullet Club

Dragon Quest Series Retrospective

Jordan highlights each of the mainline Dragon Quest titles on the eve of the release Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition. Neal and Casey also contributed to the writing and narrating of this video, and Matt shared footage of Dragon Quest IX.

Super Mario Bros Special for NEC PC-88 & Sharp X1 - Killgruz

Today I'm talking about Super Mario Bros Special for the Sharp X1 and NEC PC-88 series of home computers. This is an official release of Super Mario Bros that has not been re-released, most likely due to the difficult controls, challenging levels, and limited colors. In this video I talk a bit about the history, how to setup the game if you want to try it, and give my thoughts about it.

Top 10 Best SNES Towns - Square Enix Edition

Hi there and welcome to the top 10 best SNES RPG towns from Square or Enix, that are NOT Final Fantasy. Other developers and the Final Fantasy games will have their time in the sun with their own videos. I hope you enjoy!

Forgotten PlayStation 2 Games - Austin Eruption

Forgotten Playstation 2 Games! These definately aren't gonna be getting a PS4 or Nintendo Switch port anytime soon. No matter how cute the anime or dope the Samurais, these PS2 games have become forgotten and will be dearly missed. Well most of em.

Bullet Club

Scottsquatch's Game Room Tour! 30 Years In The Making!!

My video game room tour is finally up! A collection of thousands of games and systems from NES to Switch, toys, statues, promo items, rare collectibles, & more. Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Scottsquatch1

Modern Accessories for Retro Gaming vol 4 - Game Sack

Episode 160 - More cool new things to help you enjoy your games! Are they worth your time and money? Check out how well they work in this video!

The Complete Metroid Timeline So Far.. | The Leaderboard

The beloved Metroid series has been around for over 30 years and Nintendo is in development of Metroid Prime 4. So Join The Leaderboard as we take a look at the adventures of Samus Aran and bring you the complete Metroid timeline.

Professor Layton - A Love Letter

something a little different to commemorate 5k subscribers thank you guys xoxo

The Story of the Unreleased SNK Neo Star Console

This short documentary covers the story of SNK's unreleased 32-bit Neo Star console.

The Nintendo Game Reggie Didn't Want: Disaster: Day of Crisis - Region Locked Feat. Dazz

This time on Region Locked, we take a look at the Nintendo game that Reggie Fils-aime didn't want, Disaster: Day of Crisis for the Wii.

Games That Push The Limits of The TurboGrafx/PC-Engine

The TurboGrafx-16, The PC Engine, I don't know what to call it, but it had some amazing games. With the release of the new mini console on the horizon I take a look at some of the games that took it to the limit!

Bullet Club

The Legend of Zelda NES – First Quest Vs. Second Quest - Part 1 - with Hungry Goriya | Nefarious Wes

The Legend of Zelda was released in North America in 1987, and was a game changer for me in terms of video games. The adventure was epic for its time, and to top it off, Zelda offered a brand new or “remixed” adventure known as the ‘second quest’ once the first had been completed. I have always found this intriguing, so I recruited the help of another Zelda aficionado, Hungry Goriya, in assisting me with breaking down the differences between The Legend of Zelda’s first and second quests, and presenting them here in the latest episode of ‘Versus’.

Dragon Quest: Where it all started | The Completionist (Nintendo Switch)

It's safe to say that the JRPG genre would not exist without Dragon Quest. The quest system, turn based combat, level grinding, it's all owed to the herald of it's time. If you don't know this game you know of it's art. It was the first video game Akira Toriyama worked on, and the big stand out here are the monsters. Each design has character to it and are all so unique. A tradition that has carried even to the latest iteration in it's three decade run; Dragon Quest XI. But it's not just the art and Dragon Ball vibes that make it stand out (they both have dragons, they both have balls). The music is spectacular and blew the world wide open for video game music. It's another great classic addition to the Nintendo Switch.

Arcade Spotlight - Outrunners - System Multi 32 Game

We take a look at Outrunners, the awesome System 32 arcade game that has never received a faithful home version.

Gauntlet - Pac-Man - R.B.I. Baseball retrospective: Tengen trio | NES Works #053

Note: Since this video was initially posted to Patreon, historian Kevin Bunch has determined that the earliest mention of these games' release dates appeared in the summer of 1988 (in Computer Entertainer magazine, the only U.S. publication consistently covering console games at the time). So they appear to be totally misplaced in NES Works 1987. Such are the challenges of groping blindly through video game history...

We take a side excursion into a nebulous place in NES history: Tengen's licensed trio of games from 1987. Or is it 1988? It's hard to say, because there's no firm record of when these games originally shipped. It's always tough to pin down exact American release dates for NES games, since Nintendo of America only officially cites release months... but what happens when Nintendo refuses to acknowledge the existence of a game altogether for political reasons? That's the conundrum that surrounds the first three games released by Atari spinoff Tengen under license by Nintendo—before they went rogue.

WipEout: The Complete History - SGR

This video is so personal to me! I have wanted to cover the history of WipEout for the longest time and I feel like I have finally done the series (and myself) justice with this video

Bullet Club

Hideo Kojima: From Metal Gear to Death Stranding - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Furst

In this episode, Did You Know Gaming takes a look at some facts, secrets, and history of one of gaming's biggest figures, Hideo Kojima. In this video we cover everything in Kojima's carrier, from his beginning at Konami, and his impact on the Metal Gear Solid franchise, all the way up to his current title with Kojima Productions: Death Stranding.

Conquest of the Crystal Palace [NES] review - SNESdrunk

Thanks to Burgerchamp for the request via Patreon. A really good game that's well worth seeking out...

VIDEO GAME SELLERS EP. 139 - RETROPALOOZA DALLAS 2019 | Scottsquatch

A Video Game Sellers episode from Retropalooza Dallas 2019?! Featuring Sprinkles, BeatEmUps (Wood), OkChief, Jay (Game Chasers), & lots of selling, trading, and stupid fun!

The History of Narc

The history of the violent arcade shooter

Retro Game OVERLOAD at SUPER POTATO!

Playing around with a new camera, I thought it might be nice to drool over the massive selection of retro games at Super Potato in Akihabara! Nothing but games, music and awkward camera angles. Enjoy!

Bullet Club

The Game Boy Advance - Review - Game Sack

Episode 262 - Let's take a focused look at Nintendo's 32-bit handheld wonder. Is it worthy of the Game Boy lineage?

Games That Push Hardware Limits 5 - Game Sack

Episode 263 - It's time to once again look at some games that you likely didn't think were possible on their respective platforms. Some of these games are actually fun to play, too!

Beyond The Scanlines #023: Lotus Turbo Challenge II (Commodore Amiga/Sega Mega Drive)

The original Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge absolutely showed that in the right hands, the Commodore Amiga was more than powerful enough to hand a fluid, challenging and engrossing arcade racer. So it's no surprise that Gremlin & Magnetic Fields would bring out a sequel in due course!

This episode of Beyond The Scanlines dives into the Amiga release of Lotus Turbo Challenge II, alongside its conversion to the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis (released in the following year).

Games-X Magazine Retrospective

Join me as I take a look at several issues of the classic Games-X magazine, the UK's only weekly gaming magazine.

Ghosts 'n' Goblins - Series Review and Retrospective | Kim Justice

A look at the story, the making and the importance of Capcom's Ghosts 'n' Goblins, paying special attention to the original and its sequel Ghouls 'n' Ghosts. There's a lot of interesting facts behind one of the most important arcade and console platformers of all-time, as it happens. Enjoy!

Games Galore at a Japanese Mall | Hard Officers Hauls Ep. 20

Welcome to Hard Officers - we're some dudes living in Japan who love old tech and especially video games!

This week we bring you a solo episode of Hard Officers Hauls, where Zac explores a Book Off Super Bazaar at a mall in Chiba prefecture, Japan! Subscribe for weekly videos on gaming and game thrifting in Japan.

Pitfall II retrospective: Get Lost | Metroidvania Works #007

The sequel to Pitfall! gives us an even more expansive world to explore than pioneers like Montezuma's Revenge: A system of underground caverns comprising roughly 250 screens of virtual real estate. Sure, about 50 of those screens amount to columns of empty air, but the underlying concept has merit. Pitfall II downplayed white-knuckle action in favor of unraveling the pathways and interconnections of its subterranean world in order to explore every corner, score points, and complete an objective.

Also in this episode, we check in on the progress of the action RPG genre with Falcom's Dragon Slayer and T&E Soft's Hydlide.

EPIC FIND! NINTENDO TEST STATION & RARE GAMES!! | Scottsquatch

I picked up a NES & SNES test station, and rare NES, Sega, and N64 games from a friends collection.

Bullet Club

The History of Grand Theft Auto

Arcade Spotlight - A Street Fighter II Story

An episode for fun. Story time. A look at my early days with Street Fighter II.

TheNesPursuit - His Most Valued Item Yet - RARE Nintendo Power Team Jacket - Episode 111

Make way as the squad charts to new waters in Sacramento. Riff and Ricky stop at a swap That happens to be a very special place. Then the boys meet up with the rest of the crew at the SAC Gamers Expo. Ricky picks up one of the coolest things he has ever gotten in the shows history.

Batman: The Video Game retrospective: Wayne of terror | NES Works #168

Two years clearly made a huge difference in terms of design, tech, and sophistication. Batman is a far cry from the kinds of games we've been looking at on NES Works. In fairness, it's one of the strongest NES releases from 1990, but the design skills and underlying tech boosts required for this game simply didn't exist in 1987. The 1989 Batman film was a huge media event, and for many kids this detailed, challenging game (bursting as it was with excellent music and quirky but tight controls) was the highlight of that marketing blitz.

The Story and Games of System-3, Part 1 - The C64 feat. The Last Ninja, IK+ and Myth | Kim Justice

System-3 were, and indeed remain, one of the strongest independent companies on the UK scene, and it's time to look at their story. In this first part we look at how they got started and cover C64 classics like The Last Ninja series, International Karate, Myth, Flimbo's Quest and many more. Enjoy!

I Bought A GameStop Refurbished Nintendo 64...And This Is What They Sent Me

In 1999 I opened my Nintendo 64 for Christmas and now 20 years later I thought it would be fun to do the same thing on Christmas day. I also went ahead and bought a refurbished N64 from GameStop to see what they would send me. Today lets take a look at the Nintendo 64 that I remember from over two decades ago.

Finding Retro #15 - "Discs Out For Harambe"

On this redneck quest Barnyard & Jarrod pull their discs out for Harambe. They stumble across a farm with Playstation games, a box of promo posters at the flea market, & even get to dig their poon ticklers through some dirty dusties. Pull your britches up for this one.

Bullet Club

PAL Exclusive Sega Saturn Games (Europe)

There were 10 games released in some PAL territories that weren't released in any other region for the Saturn. Here, we take a look at them.

More Obscure 3D Platformers - Game Sack

Episode 267 - 3D platforming used to be big back in the days of the N64 and PlayStation 2, etc. We've shown you some good ones before but here are some more you might want to give a try. Or maybe avoid altogether. At least now you'll know that these games exist and what thet're are about!

Building a Better Windows 98 PC! The Megaluminum Monster

In 2019 we put together the Lazy Green Giant: a Win98 Pentium III computer with Voodoo 3 and Aureal Vortex 2 cards. Can't say I was ever 100% satisfied with it so it's time for a rebuild! Now with a SCSI2SD hard disk replacement, 360k floppy drive, and dual sound cards. AWE yeah.

Metal Storm CE review: A flippin' classic | NES Works Gaiden #010

Let's kick off the new year by looking at 2020's hottest NES release: A reissue of Irem classic Metal Storm by Retro-Bit Entertainment (and Castlemania Games, and Limited Run Games, and so on). While Metal Storm came out in U.S. back in the day, this rerelease is actually a new conversion of the Japanese game that shipped a year after America's cart and included some new features, including an introductory story cinematic, new difficulty settings, different color schemes for many graphics, and some handy built-in cheat codes. It's new! And old! It's good.

The 15 Best Old and New Games for the Amstrad CPC (feat. Amstrad YouTubers!) | Kim Justice

It's the last Kim Justice video of the year! Today we have a look at a range of the best games for the Amstrad CPC, both old and new. Helping me along are 5 big Amstrad fans -- we've got Top Hat Gaming Man, Novabug, DJ Slope, Yellow Belly and Xyphoe. They've all picked 3 games for me, and they cover everything from childhood favourites to brilliant homebrew. Enjoy!

The Games of Virtuality 90s VR Experience | Octav1us

Bullet Club

Left in Japan 12 - Game Sack

Episode 271 - More games that were never released anywhere outside of Japan! There are so many worth talking about.

How Crash Bandicoot Hacked The Original Playstation | War Stories | Ars Technica

For today’s episode of War Stories, Ars Technica sat down with Naughty Dog Co-founder Andy Gavin to talk about the hurdles in bringing the original Crash Bandicoot to gamers around the world. When Andy and his partner Jason Rubin made the decision to bring the action platforming genre into three dimensions, it required living up to their company ethos of “leaving no stone unturned” in the search for memory - even if it meant hacking Sony’s library code.

The First Console and its 28 Games

The Magnavox Odyssey is the world's first home video game console. It sold 350,000 units, but it had very little to show. Let's take a deeper look into what made this system so unique.

10 Great Looking Sega Master System Games

Let's take a moment to appreciate the power of the Sega Master System.

Great Looking Sega Master System Games : Viewer Edition!

Viewers choice! I took some of the commonly recommended games from my first episode and made one just for you guys.

DF Retro Play: Batman Forever PC - Baffling, Infuriating And Utterly Bizarre

John Linneman returns with one of his latest retro gaming finds - and it's a fascinating one for all of the wrong reasons. Behold the baffling, infuriating and downright strange movie tie-in - Batman Forever - sort of like Mortal Kombat meets Streets of Rage, but where the controls benefit from having two sets of hands and where you need the manual to figure out the various button combinations required to do the most basic things. It's a gameplay experience you won't want to miss.

10 Obscure Arcade-Only Video Game Sequels | Kim Justice

We have a bunch of games today that never left the Arcade, despite being sequels to some pretty famous and successful games. And in a lot of cases it's a shame, as some of these titles are excellent in their own right and deserve far more recognition. Enjoy!

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! retrospective: Tech knock-out | NES Works #062

Nintendo's final release for 1987 is one for the ages: A conversion of minor arcade hit Punch-Out!! So how do you port a cutting-edge arcade game to a console that launched a year before the coin-op machine without losing its essence? If you're Nintendo, you create a fancy new microchip specifically for the task; you radically overhaul the game to emphasize precision and readability; and you enlist the support of the most popular athlete in the world. It's a combo that's hard to top—and the results were so strong that it still holds up even without the endorsement of Mike Tyson.

The Goonies II retrospective: Truffle shufflevania | NES Works #063

Konami's sixth release for 1987 is interesting in a few ways, not least of which is that NES publishers were supposedly limited to five releases per year. But when you're on fire the way Konami was in 1987, I suppose the rules get a little wobbly. The Goonies II bases its action very (very) loosely on the 1985 movie, but rather than just being some crappy licensed title (like we've seen with M.U.S.C.L.E. or Chubby Cherub), it's one of the most ambitious and complex NES titles to date. It's a bit opaque in the adventure scenes, but despite some parts that haven't aged well, it's... aged pretty well.

Battle of the Ports Remastered - Final Fight

Welcome to the second Battle of the Ports Remastered series. Today we are revisited Final Fight. The original video released on 30th August 2013 only covered 11 versions of the game and ran at 30fps 720p without any voice-over. This remastered video runs at 60fps 1080p with voice-over and includes 14 unique versions of Final Fight and that doesn't include emulations of the arcade rom running on other platforms such as that found on the PS2's Final Fight Street Wise or compilation packs and virtual consoles.

Bullet Club

The Game Chasers Ep 76 - Total Chaos

It's time once again to hit up those flea markets, however, Chris breaks the chode code n a major was resulting in bickering for the entire day.

Bad GraFx Gamers - EP 24 "Royal Flush"

In this quest back to the great state of Pennsylvania the Billy Boys return with their antics and annoyance at an all time high. From Dinosaurs to Cosmic Fantasies this episode will be sure to have your stomachs churning and the laughs turning.

The Secret Move That Changed Gaming Forever

In 1987 a secret move was uncovered at the arcades, and its impact is still being felt today. Join Kurt Indovina on his journey to discover its origins through fireball legend John Choi, commentator Stephen "Sajam" Lyon, and many more special guests in the first episode of Remember When.

Sunsoft and the Sega Genesis

We take a look at the software that Sunsoft developed and/or published on the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive.

The ULTIMATE Amiga Retro Gaming Setup - CD32 & TF330 Expansion

The Amiga CD32 console doesn't seem to get much love these days, but in this video I transform it into my ultimate gaming setup with the help of the fantastic TerribleFire 330 accelerator and expansion.

THE SEARCH IS OVER | Hard Officers Hauls Episode 21

In this video we travel out to the Tokyo suburbs to a Hard Off in Kobuchi, Kanagawa. After getting a bit lost, we make it to the store and find a game we have been searching for a looong time.

Top 10 Commodore Amiga Games - 1988

For a little change of pace, I travel back to 1988 to select my own Top 10 Commodore Amiga games of the year

Bullet Club

The Game Chasers - For the Love of Boxes

In this Game Chasers mini-chode, Chris finds one of his most sought after gaming items. Watch as his face lights up on this amazing find!

Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest In-Depth Analysis (1991) | The History of RPGs Ep. 14

A in-depth analysis, review, and retrospective of Final Fantasy Adventure, known in Japan as Seiken Densetsu and in Europe as Mystic Quest.

Game Sack Console Crunch #1

Here's something new I'd like to try, taking a nod from Cinemassacre who does similar things to great success with AVGN seasons. I want to offer more of these types of videos in the future with console episodes and other themes episodes, while keeping them at or around the 3 hours or so. What would you like to see? Or do you hate this idea with every fiber of your being?

Game Sack Console Crunch #2

Here is the second batch of compiled console review episodes. Some definite classic in this batch!

EPIC VIDEO GAME FINDS FROM THE KORN TOUR! | Scottsquatch

Game hunting pickups from on tour, rare Gameboy & GBA titles, Super Nintendo boxes, games for my collection. Pawn shop, thrift store, & retro game shop finds.

Bullet Club

Daggerfall | Bethesda's Monstrosity

Elder scrolls: Daggerfall is the king of RPGs in terms of sheer scale and freedom. The scale that was achievable only through the power of procedural generation. But procedural generation of anything has its drawbacks and when this game was released, all of these techniques were new and scary. As with most Bethesda games, this one had bugs, but it's one thing to have bugs, it's another to have Daggerfall amounts of bugs. Does it ruin the experience? Let's find out in this video essay.

POTATO HUNTER S.01 Ep.01 - Find me Some USED Radeon HD 7777

What happens in weird times, butterflies a new beginning, and that beginning is the USED PC Parts potato hunter. Let's go get those deals that no body else wants, and make magic.

I ported Heart of Darkness to the Original Xbox | MVG

Bored during lockdown - Lets port some stuff

Seriously Weird Unreleased Super Nintendo Games

Here are some crazy wtf games that were in production but never finished for the snes. Maybe it's for the best? See some games you never knew existed!

Arcade Treasures Volume 4

Want 10 more recommendations for great arcade games? Well here you go!

Ranking the 32 Capcom CPS1 Arcade Games from Worst to Best | Kim Justice

Today we countdown the games of Capcom's legendary arcade board, the CPS1. Obviously this list includes the likes of Street Fighter II, Final Fight and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, but there's some other obscurities you might not know that are well worth seeking out!

Ranking the 38 Capcom CPS2 Arcade Games from Worst to Best | Kim Justice

A countdown of Capcom's CPS2 Arcades was a no-brainer -- just look at the games. We've got everything from Super Street Fighter II Turbo to Alpha, Darkstalkers, Alien vs Predator, Marvel vs Capcom, and so much more...and of course, a lot of fighting games. Enjoy!

Wizards and Warriors retrospective: Knight in the woods | NES Works #069

We're in the final stretch of the year here with a collaboration by two companies that each made their debut earlier in 1987. This is the first of many times we'll see Rare and Acclaim work together, and in this case the studio puts its programming wizardry to work to create a technically impressive (if somewhat gangly) action platformer that would evidently do well enough to inspire a short-lived franchise. Even if it's not much to look at these days.

Hacking A Capcom PCB - SF2 to Final Fight!

Bullet Club

Unreleased Games 4 - Game Sack

Episode 274 - More games that were being made, but canceled at one point in another, never seeing a release.

Potato Hunter S01 Ep.02 - Never Look Past a Dirty Computer

Getting old Lenovos, T310 PowerEdges, Optiplexes is all fun and games, and nothing is off the radar (except core 2 Duos). Let's have some fun and micro manage what we can.

Genesis Does - Sega Sports Games

Sports games played a pivotal role in the success of Sega during the 16-bit era. They started early, cultivating different sports back up by celebrity endorsements and major print and TV ad campaigns. It ultimately helped Sega to controlling 50%+ of the US gaming market for years. In this episode, we look at some of those games that were either developed, published, or both, by Sega.

Game Collecting - Scott The Woz

Scott hoards.

Bullet Club

Armored Core 2 | We Review Every PS2 Game, Oh God + Bonus AgeTec Information

Our very own sisyphean slamajam brings us to Armored Core 2

If you ever wanna paint anime tiddies on a giant robot, this is probably the only game that lets you do that.

Sega Dreamcast Console Exclusives

Here I go over 9 Dreamcast console exclusives for your consideration.

10 MORE Obscure and Bad Computer Arcade Game Ports | Kim Justice

We've got more rather obscure ports from the arcades to the microcomputers today! This mostly C64-centric selection ranges from a couple of NES classics to some nasty American titles, a strange and unnecessary Spectrum conversion and the worst attempt at a racing game ever

Mega Man retrospective: Rock of all trades | NES Works #070

NES Works 1987 ends as it began: With a cool game by Capcom.

But let's be real. Mega Man is much cooler than Trojan. There's a reason one series had dozens of sequels and spinoffs and the other... didn't. Capcom's first wholly original creation for NES is one of the most inventive and highly polished games on NES to date, period. With a free stage select sequence, alternate special weapons, and imaginative bosses, Mega Man stands out as a brilliant capper to an incredible year for the NES. And just think: The franchise will only get better from here, as we'll see in NES Works 1989. In, uh, a few years.

Building Windows 98 Retro Gaming PC with AMD Athlon 64 Platform

In this Friday Video, we are building a fast Windows 98 SE Retro Gaming PC around the Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 platform! We will check out the integrated graphics and later upgraded to a dedicated GeForce4 and Sound Card. The performance of this machine is outstanding, even at highest resolutions and settings!

Battle of the Ports - Impossible Mission

This week on Battle of the Ports we are taking a look at one of Epyx most popular games of the 80's, Impossible Mission. This video is missing ports that I'm well aware of.

Nintendo M82 Repair

The Nintendo M82 was a store demo unit that is now a rare collectible. In this video I repair one for a client and also fix a limitation in the design I discovered along the way. Enjoy!

Bullet Club

Let's look at the games that Konami did for the Sega Genesis. I even throw in a Sega CD classic for good measure.

Episode 277 - This time around I take a look at various games which feature claymation, just like the title says! Also I decided that this episode needs to be claymation as well, because why not?

Sega's System-16 board games may largely not be as famous as the scaler games like Space Harrier, OutRun and After Burner that were lording it over the arcades at the same time, but this top 40 contains quite a few classics, some cool obscurities and...well, some not so cool ones. Enjoy!

Well, I'm a pc98 hobbyist now. I came across this NEC PC9821 Cb2 CanBe Multi all-in-one PC at a game shop called Culture Arts in Fukuoka, Japan. Even though I live in Tokyo, I just had to find a way to get it home. A week or so later, a very messy box arrived. My first experiences with the machine and its accessories are documented in this video for your amusement.

Things featured:

-NEC PC9821 Cb2 computer
-PCFXGA graphics board
-Ys III: Wanderers for PC98
-Lunatic Dawn for the PCFX
-NEC PC98 Mouse

I said we'd be jumping over to N64 Works, and I meant what I said... it's just that it's happening, uh, gradually. In this case, we're defining the shape of N64 by what wasn't there: Specifically, one of the biggest and most popular games of the late ’90s. One part historic overview of the business politics of the N64 era, one part look back at the compelling introductory design of Final Fantasy VII's opening chapter, you'd better believe this video was basically just an excuse for me to play a classic game from outside the bounds of the Video Works project in an effort to bolster my spirits during the age of social distancing.

Video game room & collection tour update for 2020, with games & collectibles from the past 35 years

Bullet Club

Jay is on a new side quest to track down as many old school classic arcade cabinets as possible. But why? The guys head to a storage unit to pick up some retro gold.....sort of

To many gamers in the 90s, The Neo Geo AES was the ultimate home console. While many other consoles claimed to bring an arcade experience home, they did so by downgrading graphics, sound, and other compromises. The Neo Geo on the other hand, brought truly perfect Neo Geo MVS arcade games to the home with ZERO compromises. If you owned a Neo Geo AES console you got to play actual 1:1 arcade games at home. But this level of quality came at a steep cost with the console's Gold Bundle coming in at over $600 for just the console, controllers, and one game. Individual games were also extremely expensive, averaging $200 or more each. This is the story of how SNK brought its highly successful arcade games to the home with one of the most expensive consoles of all time and after becoming one of the biggest names in gaming in the 90s, lost everything and yet somehow rose from its ashes.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

We're reviewing every Neo Geo game, and this time it's Ghost Pilots, 1991 from SNK. A dump of the memory card save file states that the original game title was "Ghost Fighters" until 1990.

We'll also be taking a look at the history of SNK shooters, and shooters in general.

Fallout: New Vegas is hailed as one of the all time greats, and for good reason. And, of course, I had to do a video about it. Join me in my Fallout: New Vegas review as I take a look at its gameplay, story, writing, presentation and everything that makes it so great and stand out even 10 years later.

Riff and Ricky FINALLY get back out to the swap meet after everything going on with COVID. The swap's are open again and people are ready! Enjoy a super fun hunt with the guys!

In my first video on the subject, I chose the games, but here, I took your advice and pulled games from the comments section. More Sega Genesis games with great effects.

Our look at Sega's arcades with a countdown of the games from the System 18, 24, 32 and C boards. This collection contains a lot of curiosities, many obscure games, some technical crackers and some of Sega's best arcades that you may not know too much about. There's also the small matter of possibly the best Arcade to never see a home port, and a certain blue hedgehog. Enjoy!

N64 Works shifts into third gear—third-party gear, that is—with a pair of games that I am wholly unsuited to break down. So instead, this episode dives into the history surrounding them: The so-called N64 Dream Team, the checkered relationship between Nintendo and Mortal Kombat, and what this version of Trilogy says about the N64 when held side-by-side against the PlayStation release.

Bullet Club

Episode 280 - Let's check out more impressive feats that some games pull off on the hardware they run on!

From Software entered its golden age with Dark Souls, or some even say with Demon's Souls before that, but many years before that, they released a true classic survival horror gem that has been strongly overshadowed by Shinji Mikami's game changer Resident Evil 4 at the time: Kuon. This game is in many ways the epitome of old-school survival horror design and gets often overlooked -- which is why we're going to unearth this wonderful PS2 classic set in Edo Japan.

Welcome to the party, pal.

GAMES SHOWN: Heavenbound
Mr. Robot and his Robot Factory
Park Patrol
Parallax
Battle Through Time
Law Of The West
Hard Hat Mack
Killerwatt
Montezuma’s Revenge
Neutral Zone
Spider and the Fly

Nintendo publishes a football game, and an arcade hit comes to Game Boy after being filtered through the soupy green monochrome of the Amstrad CPC. They're not great! This is not fulfilling video game content! Let's hurry through and get along to the next. OK, thank you, please drive through.

JSoup

Banned
I like that this thread is a stealth attempt for one person to shill their own channel for two and a half years.

Check out Video Game Esoterica if you haven't, good stuff:

Bullet Club

I like that this thread is a stealth attempt for one person to shill their own channel for two and a half years.
You're wrong. I don't have a Youtube channel.

And if I did have a channel, I would be posting each video in their own thread like VGE does.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
You're wrong. I don't have a Youtube channel.

And if I did have a channel, I would be posting each video in their own thread like VGO does.

BUT YOU DO NOW!!!!
Get on that shit.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Episode 284 - Sony's first portable system really tried to do things different. It seemed to focus more on giving players the premium home game experience on the go compared to having severely watered down ports and games. Let's take a look at the system and a bunch of its games!

The guys go to another arcade auction looking for some sweet juicy arcade deals. Will Jay be able to find another $10 dollar arcade cabinet?

1986, what a great year! So many industries were booming with amazing content. The movie industry put out a few movies that could make anyone cry! In the world of videos...well... *cough cough* The Legend Of Zelda. And with music we got some TOP music. Lets check out 1986! You will not be disappointed!

The metroidvania genre expanded greatly in 1987 as developers grew more confident in their design concepts and technology began to expand to accommodate their ambitions. Nintendo's Famicom/Disk System/NES platform proved to be especially fertile ground for innovation, as these three different takes on the format demonstrate. While you could arguably classify Zelda II, Rygar, and The Goonies II as action-RPGs, each one interprets that concept in unique ways. The one thing they have in common? They attempt to push the creative boundaries of the 2D platformer by shifting viewpoints and perspective at various times: Zelda II with an abstracted, Dragon Quest-inspired overworld view, Rygar with a Zelda II-style top-down action format, and The Goonies II with a first-person adventure mode.

Fancy over an hour looking at some of the greatest and most important arcades of the 90's? Here ya go. Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, House of the Dead, Virtua Cop and many more are here as we look at Sega's Model 1, 2 and 3 boards -- the 3D hardware that put them at the top of the arcade once again. Enjoy!

Ahhh, yes, the NES, a think of blocky curiosity. On the bottom of the NES is a rectangular insert, and behind that lies, well, an expansion slot. This video explores the NES expansion slot as well as some of the rumours surrounding it.

Old Aussie gaming show. It's the whole thing and includes ads.

Bullet Club

With the 'Rona easing up in Texas the guys head to a small town for some game chasing at the flea market just like old times, and once again, Chris finds out how Game Chasing Go....

Episode 290 - Sega Ages is a line of games from Sega's past ported over to newer hardware. In this episode we;ll be taking a look at all of the games in the Sega Ages series on the Saturn. Of course most of these were only released in Japan.

Ninja Blade was the last game FromSoftware developed before their big hit Demon's Souls. This game is a mess, but it's a mess in some pretty entertaining ways that you'd never expect from the company these days.

Pickups from yard sales and pawn shops, classic Nintendo Wii games, boxed PS1 console, Zelda Wii U, games to trade in at GameStop.

It's music graces the end of nearly all my videos. Let's take a look at Batman for the Sega Genesis.

The year is 1989! What a great year for any fan of the past! So many amazing movies, video games and songs! This year may start to be looking a little more like the 90's as we are just ONE year away from diving into the whacky world of the 90s! Where were you in 1989? What did you like best fro this year?

I don't usually upload full streams to the channel but I want this project to be fully preserved -- this is the start of an attempt to have a lil' look at EVERY Amiga game (the commercial ones, anyway)! This first episode goes through the numbered games and a couple of the A's. There's some good 'uns and...well, some lousy ones. This will probably be the way for every episode of this! If you want to see the A-Z happen live, it'll be every Thursday evening from 8-midnight on Twitch :)

Bullet Club

Learn the history of the Mega Man DOS games. In 1990, Capcom released Mega Man...on DOS? It's certainly a strange game when compared to the NES titles. But it was made by one man, Stephen Rozner, in his spare time. You could argue it was a fan game that Capcom cashed in on. And if you can believe it, Rozner and his brother made a sequel too! Learn the history of the Mega Man DOS games and the developers behind them.

Episode 293 - Let's take a few established franchises and discuss the best and the worst game in each! This is always fun.

At last, the "metroidvania" concept begins to live up to its name. Metroid was on-point from the start, but Castlevania was slower to come around to the exploratory action-RPG concept. After the baby steps of the original Castlevania and Vampire Killer, Castlevania II felt like the first meaningful effort to turn the quest to stop Count Dracula into a proper adventure. It was also kind of a mess, but hey, like I said—baby steps.

Also in this episode, Compile gives us another interesting twist on the action-RPG with Golvellius. It's not really a metroidvania, but that's OK.

This list has been requested for a fairly long time -- my collection of top 50's and 100 vids has kinda felt incomplete without it, it has to be said. And so, quite simply, here's my Top 50 C64 Games, featuring everything from traditional favourites to some more obscure and esoteric picks. Enjoy!

Alfred Chicken is, for the most part, a run of the mill Euro platformer for the early '90s featuring a kooky animal hero, like so many other games. But there's a big difference...none of the others ever tried to become a Member of Parliament, whereas Alfred decided to have a go...no, really. Here's a lil' look back on a rather mediocre game's very unique marketing!

The Pixel boys join forces to hit up an amazing SWAP MEET event by the amazing Game Tower! There are more retro video games here than the guys can handle...so much so that Ricky and Riff argue over a prized item they are both dying to have! This is TheNesPursuit

Crazy Yard sale finds! Xbox One system, cheap Switch games, a Gamecube score, Halo posters, & a PS2 bundle.

Bullet Club

In many respects, the open-world genre that Rockstar Games innovated sparked an overwhelming amount of controversy throughout the last two decades. This much especially holds true since bans and the ceaseless discourse surrounding violent video games continue to plague Grand Theft Auto. Red Dead Redemption is no stranger to similar criticism. And it doesn’t help that players of these franchises typically assume the role of career criminals, men who for one reason or another often find themselves partaking in deplorable acts. But Bully once saw the company exercise its free-roaming expertise beyond the realm of criminality to craft a different kind of sandbox adventure, one wherein over-the-top violence did not sit center-stage.

Bully still received far more than its fair share of backlash, however. The name alone ruffled the feathers of various organizations, politicians, and anti-bullying activists around the globe. Before the public had even seen the game in action, a series of relatively tame screenshots caused a stir, culminating in Bully being dubbed a Columbine simulator.

Yet, despite the contrived drama, this particular Rockstar project remains secure in its status as a fan-favorite. It’s rather unique, too. In between schoolyard-level mayhem, classes, and the occasional clever prank, players adopt the role of hero, standing up to bullies, though never actually playing the part. As such, Bully is more than a misunderstood classic, a game whose pre-release existence was bombarded with the most undeserving negativity.

SCARY! Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the Nintendo GameCube! Easily one of the BEST and SCARIEST games for Nintendo's system! I haven't played this in about 18 years. How well does the sanity effects hold up? Will the rats eat your eyes? The Darkness comes!

Join Ben as he looks back at the US PSP/PlayStation Portable launch line up of games. How do they hold up now? What did "the most powerful handheld" look like in 2005? Has his launch PSP battery exploded yet? Watch to find out!

"The horrifying theme of this game may be inappropriate for young children....and cowards."

In this episode I look at the games of K-Tel. I review Street Hawk, Spectraprobe and Coloco. I have a chat to Geoff and set up a Spectrum Next emulator.

Bullet Club

Nintendo LaserDisc - NES + Game Boy Previews & Trailers! Nearly a half hour of 1990's Nintendo goodness. The laserdisc was likely used at a retail kiosk - but any info on its origin would be appreciated!

This is a video where I talk about the early history of Nihon Falcom, covering about the first 30 years of their output.

I've been a fan of Falcom's Trails series for a while and always found the company's history to be very interesting since they have been around for so long, releasing their first games during the genesis of the industry in Japan. I started researching their history just to learn more about the company and, over time, it eventually turned into this hour long video. This ended up being a huge project that I spent about 4-5 months working on and is by far the longest video I've ever made. Hopefully it is informative and enjoyable. If I goofed up any of my facts, please let me know. Also, in order to keep things concise, I did not overview the stories or dive deep into the gameplay mechanics of Falcom's titles and instead focused on their development and the impact they had on the industry.

Episode 294 - The look at the Sega Ages continues with all of the titles released on the PlayStation 2. Most of them were only released in Japan. So many games were released that I have to divide this up into two long parts. Part 2 comes next week! That's right, get ready for 3 weeks of full Game Sack episodes in a row!

The first console version of Doom available, this was the very first time I had a Doom to call my own. Was it as bad as some make it out to be? Let's find out.

On this CLASSIC episode of TheNesPursuit... Get ready to be FLOORED by the deals that were around just a few years ago! You honestly will not believe it!

Chapter 1 of a retrospective on Sega AM1's The House of the Dead series. Throughout the retrospective, I'll be looking at all the games, from the original to Scarlet Dawn, and what makes each of these games special and memorable to me, while also addressing Sega AM1's development history, Takashi Oda, and The House of the Dead team.

Bullet Club

The O.G. the original Game Boy, Nintendo's world beating hand held. It may have been strictly monochrome, but it could do some stuff that its console cousin the NES might struggle to match.

We did 10 Japanese Wrestling Games that aren't Fire Pro a while ago, and now here's a follow-up with a load more. There's some intriguing ones to look at -- unknown PS1 Smackdown games, management sims, brilliant hidden gem Fire Pro rip-offs, official NJPW and AJPW games from SNES, anime card games, proto-MMA titles, and a terrible Joshi game on of all things, the PC-FX. Enjoy!

Reevaluating Doom 3 sixteen years later, released by id Software and Activision on August 3rd, 2004! Looking back at the hype and history of its development, its entirely new style of horror FPS gameplay compared to its predecessors, and of course that darned flashlight.

The first look at an absolutely incredible donation to the channel!!!! The Atari Falcon is a rare system and super expensive if you can find one for sale!

Bullet Club

These are the internet versions of the first season of the Game Chasers in one nice convenient video so you can casually play in the background or force everyone at parties to watch all the way through.

Episode 295 - The look at the Sega Ages continues with all of the titles released on the PlayStation 2. Most of them were only released in Japan. So many games were released that I have to divide this up into two long parts

It starts with Ninjabread Man and it goes on FOREVER.

By patron request of Jon, it's our first (of likely a fair few) full look at a European exclusive for NES: Imagineer's impressive conversion of British microcomputer classic Elite. I won't even pretend to show off the full depth of the game here; it's a complex and intricate game that requires extensive play to master, whereas I struggle with not dying at the hands of marauders the instant I come out of warp in a system local to the game's starting point.

I may not be adept at this particular simulation, but I can recognize how impressive a conversion this is... even if the hardware REALLY wasn't designed for it.

I really like retro core channel:
He makes some good videos.

Bullet Club

After the dreadful Invisible War, Eidos Montreal took up the Deus Ex mantle and made a game that captured most of what I loved about the original.

Episode 296 - It's time for that classic battle of the two main 16-bit consoles! Of course this battle wouldn't be complete without Dave's help! What a time it was to be alive with two absolutely excellent videogame choices!

Another Capcom creation this week. It's not quite up there with the company's best work, but you can see their collective spirit in action here—Gun.Smoke hits on a lot of popular Capcom beats all at once. It's a vertically scrolling shooter, themed around American pop culture (in this case, Western movies), whose home port contains a number of embellishments over the coin-op title to make it better suited for the NES. Despite the compromises it suffered in coming home, Gun.Smoke plays well on NES and makes a lasting impression, making it yet another top-flight creation for a valuable NES third party

Ricky, Riff, Gabbo and Mort take a deep look into Mort's MAJOR accomplishment...and thats getting every US Nintendo 64 game AND all in the BOX! WOW! Not just that...but we talk about the past and the fun times playing and collecting for such a huge staple in the world that is Nintendo!

Yard sale hunting pickups, PS4 & Xbox One games, lot's of LEGO figures, Mega Man toys, & Pokemon cards.

Bullet Club

The guys head off to Colorado to go to the Colorado Springs Flea market with Game Sack Joe...in the bitter cold. Then back at home game chasing takes a weird turn as Chris makes a gamble on a mystery box at the flea market. Will he strike gold or will he lose his mind and throw a fit?

(Spoilers for New Vegas, obviously)

GTV 108 “The Story of Super Mario World” On November 21, 1990 The Super Famicom and Super Mario Bros. 4 were let out into the world!! Let's celebrate!!

Here we are. A list of my top 100 worst computer and video games of all time. Featuring plenty from all your favourite machines from the ZX Spectrum to the PS2, the SNES and Mega Drive, C64 and Amiga. Lots of stories about these shocking creations, dreadful arcade ports, terrible licensed games, and raging at the most hated and awful titles gaming has to offer. It's a two hour spectacular countdown! Enjoy.

The year is 2007 and you better lock your doors, because Paris Hilton just got out of jail. This was also the year when Spider-Man 3 danced to the top of the box office charts, Aqua Teen Hunger Force triggered a real-life bomb scare and Soulja Boy Tell'em told us about a brand-new dance that everybody promptly forgot. But we're not here to watch me crank it, watch me roll and then Superman that ho, because today we're counting down Electronic Gaming Monthly's Worst Reviewed Games of 2007. Now watch me yuuuuuuuu!

Bullet Club

Nvidia's GT 740 came in both DDR3 and GDDR5 variants, and it seems that the DDR3 version might just be the last non-OEM or mobile graphics card ever released that uses this memory. So what can it do?

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge was released in 1991 by LucasFilm Games, 1 year after The Secret of Monkey Island shook up the world of adventure games for the better. Monkey 2 is regarded as a favourite among many adventure game fans, but how well does it match up to its predecessor?

Let's look at the games that were released on the Genesis and 32X. Were they any better on Sega's 32-bit add-on?

Konami knocks it out of the park yet again with one of the greatest arcade conversions ever to hit the NES: Cooperative platform shooter Contra. It's a rare example of a coin-op title being ported faithfully to NES and somehow improving on the source material despite the move to inferior hardware. With its tight level design, inventive bosses, impressive weapons, and slightly combative cooperative gameplay, Contra is a true NES classic that continues to be a great time more than 30 years later.

The Game Chasers are two friends hunting for retro video games in flea markets, garage sales, game stores, and people's homes! The second season finds the guys going to Washington DC, an arcade auction, and Las Vegas as they continue to build their gaming collections and meet new and interesting people along the way...and aliens.

Riff and his pal Ant Man take to the swap meet to see what glorious goodies may be out there! Good news....stuff is out there! Also Riff shows off a sweet Video Games VHS and a TINY Retro TV goodie that was sent to him

Bullet Club

Episode 318 - Konami cheated to get around Nintendo's rules and created Ultra Games. Today we take a look at games they published under that label.

Another entry in this mini series, looking at games and franchises that started life on a particular home computer. Today it's the episode that was the inspiration for the series, and my favourite gaming platform of all-time... the Commodore Amiga.

In today's video we will we take a deep dive into one of video gaming's greatest challenges.. Dark Souls: No Hit.

The Video Game Years is here -- the acclaimed show that examines the fun, culture, and oddities of video game history. In this episode: Dragon's Lair, Famicom, WarGames, The Video Game Crash, and much more!

Sid Meier's Civilization was a PC legend by the time Civ II arrived, but it's rare for a sequel to be as influential as it is great -- Civ II is that sequel. This video explains its success: From Sid letting go of his own game, a look at Colonization, and a full analysis of this great game.

In the eyes of Commodore Format, 1993's Mayhem in Monsterland is a perfect game worthy of 100% -- the 64's magnificent swansong. Is it worthy of such a score? How was this technical marvel made? And how did it predict a future for the microcomputers? All will be explained.

Let's go back and revisit some games that I didn't play much. Sometimes the biggest surprises can be found in the most unlikely of places.

Bullet Club

Episode 320 - That's right I'm reviewing EVERY US-released Master System game in a single episode!

One of the most beloved franchises of all time makes its debut on NES, though not its actual debut; the Metal Gear Nintendo fans knew and enjoyed back in the 8-bit era was in fact a port of a minor hit for MSX/2 home computers that had shipped about a year earlier in Japan. Although Metal Gear gets the broad strokes right on NES, it trips up over a lot of minor details. And some major ones, too. Still, if a compromised take on a classic is the one that a million former NES owners knew and enjoyed back in the ’80s, there's something to be said even for that clumsier rendition of the game.

Also worth noting this episode: The debut of a brand new publisher! Well, sort of.

I made a mistake making my Saturn Top 10 so limited. With that system being my favorite, I should have gone bigger and included more games. So we are gonna do it backwards! Our Top 10 is now a Top 25! Presenting 11-25.

Here, at last, is my review of Final Fantasy VIII on the PS1, probably the most controversial of all the games in the series, in a single video! A long, epic journey through this game's story and gameplay, plenty of Triple Triad, everything from the best bits to...well, the worst. And silliest. Enjoy!

Riff, Mort, Ricky and Jay the Generous get into a swap meet that has been closed for over a year now! The boys go HARD as this is the welcome back video to a swap meet the legends speak of!

The Video Game Years is here -- the acclaimed show that examines the fun, culture, and oddities of video game history. In this episode: Nintendo Entertainment System, Space Harrier, Gauntlet, Super Mario Bros., and much more!

Love seeing all the Game Sack mentions in this thread! One of the best retrogaming YT channels, and the corny dad humor is amazing. The "Games That Push Hardware Limits" videos in particular is one of my favorite YouTube series.

Here's a fantastic documentary about the greatest system of all time. I wanted to give Double Dog a shout-out in particular because he's a very underrated YouTuber that deserves way more subscribers than he has. He has a ton of awesome docs that are all very in depth and well researched. I'd especially recommend his Xbox and DS docs.

Top Bottom