• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Shows: Docos, Game Hunting, Collecting

Bullet Club

A thread for posting cool Youtube videos about games. Docos, game hunting, collecting. Not small clips, it will be good quality, decent length shows like Game Sack, The Game Chasers, Kim Justice and things like that.

If you know of any good Let's Play videos, they can be posted in the thread started by LegendOfKage LegendOfKage

What's your favorite let's play from a you tuber that you enjoy, and why?

Game Sack

XTKMBPD.jpg

Hosts: Joe Redifer, David White
Channel Started: March 27, 2011

What is Game Sack? I hear you ask, Game Sack is couple of guys who love to play video games decided to start a Youtube channel! These guys are David White and Joe Redifer from Denver, CO, with their knowledge they're teaching the world about video games one video at a time!

The Game Chasers

ZJCRfJq.png

Stars: Billy Chaser, Jay Hatfield, Melvin Hatfield, Dodongo
Channel Started: 2011

The Game Chasers Billy and Jay from Arlington, Texas go on a hunt for retro games to give them a proper home in their gamerooms.

Kim Justice

rPI4YZJ.jpg

Host: Kim Justice

Kim Justice makes documentaries about old computer and video games, mostly with a European slant - it's all about the ZX Spectrum, the Commodore Amiga, the C64, plenty of great companies like Ocean Software, rises and falls, tales of technological and bureaucratic disaster...all sorts.

MetalJesusRocks

KPZpB6e.png

Host: MetalJesusRocks

A Youtuber that loves hidden gems like Mario, Zelda & Pokemon. With contributions from fellow Youtubers Radical Reggie, Kelsey Lewin, John Hancock and others.

Nostalgia Nerd

t4krg9J.jpg

"I'm Nostalgia Nerd... I have an addiction to Nostalgia & things often categorised as "nerdy". I talk about software, hardware, games, toys, programs, magazines and other things from the 70s, 80s and 90s, sometimes with a liberal amount of dry humour. The channel's main focus is computer related items from the 80s & 90s."

Pixel Game Squad

PHcxPn5.jpg

Similar to The Game Chasers, but younger.

Jeremy Parish

3H1razB.jpg

Welcome to Retronauts Video Chronicles, a video companion to the Retronauts podcast (www.retronauts.com). Currently, you'll find three active projects here: Game Boy Works, a game-by-game exploration of the Game Boy's worldwide catalog; NES Works, a similar project focused strictly on the American NES library; and Super NES Works, a similar survey of the American Super NES library. I also host a few different streaming series, notably Gintendo (an excuse to game and sip cocktails) and Cart-ography (featuring live game mapping).

Gaming Historian

wKrIGX4.png

The Gaming Historian is a documentary series all about the history of video games. I also like to review books and certain games that I find interesting. The show is researched, written, edited, and created by Norman Caruso.

Bad GraFx Gamers

aNk6CVU.jpg

If you are into buying, selling, collecting, & playing the classic video games from your youth, search no more. This channel will bring you all of that. The Bad GraFx Gamers try to show the vendors point of view at popular gaming conventions throughout the United States. We collect, sell, buy, trade, & play games from our youth and want to show you our experiences from this hobby.

Scottsquatch

SPYIHTI.jpg

Home of Garage Sale Video Game Finds, Video Game Sellers, KoRn tour videos, and more!

Last Gamer

ob1wZJ8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7En_cYAa8

Generation 16

"Welcome to the home of Generation 16, the series that showcases the games of Sega's Mega Drive. My goal is to chronologically play and review every game released on Sega's greatest system, as well as outline some of the history surrounding the development of the games, the hardware, and the general goings-on of the video game industry back in the nineties. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OL30Zy7IJo

Last edited:
I'd also like to +1 your Game Chasers recommendation. My brother got me into watching it last month and ended up marathoning through them in a couple weeks. Dodongo is the best.

Helios

I like Mandalore Gaming and Ross's Game Dungeon. They're both great channels that take a look at weird and sometimes forgotten games.

I like watching HappyConsoleGamer very week. I generally try to skew towards youtube channels that are positive and don't use their platform to shit on the latest game every week. The retro stuff is really good for that.

I also watch a lot of the MetalJesusRocks crew content. Radical Reggie has a good channel.

Bullet Club

Top Ten JRPGs (NOT From Square Enix)

Some of the best RPGs ever do not come from Square. Is your favorite on the list?

RULES:

- Traditional JRPGs, no Action RPGs or Strategy RPGs.

- Obviously, developed in Japan. No Western RPGs. - Squaresoft, Enix, or Square Enix cannot have developed or published the game at any point anywhere in the world.

- For simplicity, Handheld games will be omitted.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Coding for the World's Trickiest Chip - SEGA's Saturn DSP

This is the craziest chip I've ever programmed, and I challenge anyone to find a harder to code piece of silicon on the planet!

Bullet Club

The Legend of Zelda (NES) - IMPLANTgames

In today’s video I dive in and analyze The Legend of Zelda for the NES. Enjoy!

Bullet Club

Cancelled Games Console - The History Of The RDI Halcyon

Today Top Hat Gaming Man tells the story of the RDI Halcyon

The Worst SNES Classic Ever 2

The full name of this system is: Classic Mini HDMI TV Game SX-86 Mini Games Console Entertainment System.

I Ordered Retro Games From GameStop In 2018...And This Is What They Sent Me

GameStop has been taking trade ins for retro games and consoles for a few years now and you can order games from their website. This leads to all types of issues with their orders and these have been pointed out several times in the past. I figured I would take a shot at ordering some items from them and see what they would send me.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

AJ STYLES, AUSTIN CREED & KOFI KINGSTON visit THE WORLD'S BIGGEST VIDEO GAME COLLECTION! (Part 1)

While in Australia for WWE Super Show-Down, AJ Styles, Austin Creed and Kofi Kingston made a stop at the home of THE LAST GAMER, whose home holds the world's largest video game collection! Watch as the gang travels through the past and find games and consoles they never even knew existed!

The Gang experiences THE LAST GAMER'S RAREST GAMES and ARCADE CABINETS! (Part 2)

Brace yourselves - it's about to get serious! AJ STYLES, KOFI KINGSTON and AUSTIN CREED continue their tour of THE LAST GAMER's amazing museum-like home and find themselves among the rarest, most hard-to-find games in the world. Will our favorite Superstars be able to hold it together as they experience true video game nirvana?

Bullet Club

The 31 Games That Made The Amiga Great

The Amiga was amazing. The Amiga is amazing. It made up a huge part of my formative years, and I will never stop adoring that big lunk. With an A1200 newly refurbished and specced up, and my OSSC to hand, I decided to work my way through the games that made the Amiga great - and I managed to narrow it down to a mere 31.

There are so many more I wish I could have included, but time is a concept and I don’t have much of it. North and South, I apologise.

BANGS

Banned
I hate creepy collectors and people like Metal Jesus make me sick, more concerned about ownership than being able to actually play games... it's sad when they try to talk about games with their guests and it's 100% clear nobody on camera has any idea what the hell they're talking about and they care more about the game's rarity than it's gameplay...

I do love me some Gamesack and Classic Game Room though...

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Staying With Power: 35 Years of NES History - Museum Tour

Helping plan and curate the museum at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo was one of my favorite things I’ve done this year. This video is the guided tour that we never quite got to give — with lots of history and extra information. I also included a bit about our planning process and challenges we faced at the end if that sort of thing interests you.

Hard to Complete Future 360, PS3, Wii Collections?

Will Wii, 360, and PS3 collections be difficult to complete in the future?

Retro Arcade FC - It's actually good!

Here we go with a look at the Retro Arcade FC which as of this video going live is currently selling for 29.99 US Dollars at TomTop

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Let's Refurb! - Severely Damaged £15 Faulty GameBoy Pocket!

Really hope you enjoyed this one. I had a lot of fun making it! GameBoy Pockets are my all time favourite consoles to refurbish. very simple and very rewarding. It was a shame about the motherboard but regardless, let me know what you think!

Bullet Club

Retro Core 5 - Vol:24 - Sega Master System

The Sega Master System is a console loved by millions all over the world yet many seem to think it's a very weak system. Is this a true statement? Well, there's only one way to find out. Retro Core 5 - Sega Master System Special.

These TV & Movie Games SUCK!! - Game Sack

Episode 236 - It's always easier to find games based on licensed properties that suck. These are some really bad games. Sit back and let us play them so you don't have to!

Bullet Club

The History of Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat is as big a part of my childhood as anything. My brother and I would gather around the SEGA Genesis for hours at a time, mashing buttons trying to pull off the dreaded 'Fatality' finishing moves.

Bullet Club

The History of SmackDown!

After all the talk, all the speculation, all the chatter on the dirtsheets, it has finally arrived. 'The History of SmackDown!

Bullet Club

The Game Chasers 2018 Year End Rewind and HUGE Plans For 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2018 was a busy year for us. While circumstances in personal lives made making Game Chasers more difficult, we did put out more videos overall than any other year. Here we dont hold back. it's not a highly edited video. just a casual discussion. We tell something other YouTubers won't, we make fun of ourselves, and we talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of 2018. Not only that we talk about the future of 2019, Chasing the Unknown, the Game Chasers Motion Picture, and other goals we have.

Can you watch the whole thing? Challenge a friend.

LGR - Thrifts [Ep.41] Festive Findings

Join me as I go out thrifting, in search of games and interesting goods at various discount shops! Christmas may be over but the holiday spirit remains.

The Soulja Boy Handheld console (or so he thinks)

This is the updated version of the RS-97 otherwise known as the Retro Game. Or as a one hit wonder rapper, Soulja Boy would have you believe this is his own console.

Of course I didn't but the so called Soulja Boy version for an inflated price, oh no. this is the original Chinese version which you can buy from TomTop for half of what he was selling these for (I say was because all traces of the console have now been removed from his online store).

DREAMCAST: Sega's Fall From the Cutting Edge | GEEK CRITIQUE

Everyone knows the Sega Dreamcast was something special. But not everyone knows WHY. There have been many generations of gamers who never played ANY Sega console, let alone the last one. So to pay tribute to everything SEGA was, here's what it was like to be there for Sega's glorious dying breath.

Flea Market PICK UPS in the wild - SEALED METROID

Today the boys do a pickup video in a whole new manner....in the wild at a swap meet! Prepare for wacky weirdos and awesome RETRO and NEXT GEN video games!

Bullet Club

Black Sheep Games - Game Sack

Episode 237 - Some games get a bad reputation simply because people expect so much more from a given series. But are these games really that bad??

Mario's Tennis retrospective: Doubles vision | Virtual Boy Works #01

Welcome to Virtual Boy Works! This brief journey through the entire worldwide library of Nintendo's least-beloved system begins here, with the Mario crew's first outing on the tennis court. It's a decent game whose flaws are outweighed by its strengths—a perfect example of the Virtual Boy itself, and a great example of this series' central premise: Virtual Boy may not have been a great system, but its library was better than most people realize.

TheNesPursuit - As Big as RETRO gets - $5 STUPID gift CHALLENGE - Episode 97

On this childish episode of TheNesPursuit Ricky and Riff tread early morning grounds with dreams of retro loot lurking in their minds! Riff may have finally found a good deal on something he has been looking for...for quite some time now. Any collector knows...when you see cables and cords...more games most be on board. Ricky does it again with his never ending wiimote scores. Riff and Ricky get their giggles on as they decide to do a challenge that leaves them laughing to no end! Ready your laughing gas and prepare for pee wee imitations, green games, failed dealings, furry heads and a flea market find that is larger than life. This is TheNesPursuit

Retro Arcade Mini - Review

While this device is not perfect out of the box it can be modded to add extra functionality and to greatly improve current functionality.

A House with a Pin in it's Balls

SNES HDMI Cable 100% Plug & Play - REVIEW w/ Gameplay

Bullet Club

The Game Chasers - Ep 73 A New Mission

It's time for the guys to hit up some flea markets in the dead of winter, because Chris is on a new mission, to track down all the games he used to play as a kid. But he also learns a new lesson, never trust anyone near a porta-potty...

The Legend of Zelda retrospective: The gold standard | NES Works #047

Nintendo's biggest and most consequential release for 1987, and one of the most important games of the year across all platforms, brings a newfound depth and maturity to the NES. Other ’87 releases have been flirting with the idea of merging action and role-playing concepts, but Zelda goes all-in with a sprawling, challenging journey across the land of Hyrule to rescue the princess Zelda and retrieve the Triforce of Power. And in the process, an instant classic is born.

The Micro Arcade Machine - Unboxing and review - NOT a NES

Today we're going to take a look at something a little different. This Mega Drive console is in the shape of a western arcade complete with 6 individual working buttons and digital joystick.

Bullet Club

Game & Watch Stories - Game History Micro: Episode 1

Introducing a new series: Game History Micro! Rather than always overloading you with a complete history, I wanted to mix it up and try a new format where I could talk about some of a subject’s most interesting stories.

Here's Why The Wii U Never Had A Chance (ft. BeatEmUps, Scott The Woz, Wulff Den, MVG)

The Wii U was the worst selling main home console for Nintendo in its history and despite having critically acclaimed games in its library, it failed to repeat even a fraction of the Wii's success. Today we are taking a look at what made the Wii U struggle, what made it great, and what's inside the odd console.

Bullet Club

SimCity 30 Years Later: A Retrospective

The first retail releases of SimCity launched on February 2, 1989 for the Macintosh and Amiga, with the IBM PC following later. And from that point onward, computer gaming was irreversibly changed!

The Awful Highlander Game And The Tragedy Of Canvas Software

We look into the legend that Ocean's awful Highlander game was made bad on purpose, and in so doing uncover the rather sad story of a failed development studio by the name of Canvas. Enjoy!

TheNesPursuit - The DARK side of RETRO gaming - Episode 99

What whacky adventures will the retro game hunting lovers go on today?

Games With Pre-Rendered Graphics - Game Sack

Episode 239 - Beginning in the late 16-bit era and even into the 32-bit era game studios often felt the need to render their characters and whatnot on fancy Silicon Graphics workstations and whatnot, and then digitize the result into the game. The thought was that this made the graphics look better. Do you agree? Join us as we take a look at a few different examples of this technique.

Man Children Argue for Atari Games - Stuff People Sent Us #119

Jay and Billy open packages that you the viewers have sent in to them.

Bullet Club

Why a Copy of Super Mario Bros on NES Sold for $100,150

Wow, this is my first ever attempt at making a video about "news" -- not something I plan to do often AT ALL, but I thought this was actually kind of an interesting story where there's more to it than meets the eye!

The Story & Games Of Gremlin

One of the parts of this documentary got a claim on it, so I thought it good a chance to re-upload it as it should have been the whole time - all three parts in one video detailing the history of Gremlin, one of the great UK software companies. Enjoy, if you've not watched it already :)

5 Games You Never Knew Contained Actual Viruses & Malware | Fact Hunt

Ultimate Cops Commodore 64 Retrospective Review (C64)

For my first retrospective review, I take a look back at Alf Yngve's Ultimate Cops series on the C64

The Toy Chasers Ep 10 - Reptilian Alien People

The guys head to another toy show and find something you certainly don't see every day. But should Billy blow his money on it or not?

10 More PS2 HIDDEN GEMS - Awesome PlayStation 2 Games

With over 1,800 games released for the PS2, there are lots of Hidden Gems to discover and here are 10 more

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Atari Lynx - Review - Game Sack

Episode 245 - The GameBoy had competition in the form of the Atari Lynx color handheld system. The GameBoy was underpowered and black and white, but the Lynx was COLOR and super powerful! Why didn't it win? Well... check out the games in this video!

Secrets of The Scene: How Cracking Groups Ripped Original Xbox Discs | MVG

Years before Kreon drives could rip original Xbox and Xbox 360 discs, Cracking and release groups were using another PC DVD Drive to rip game discs. This drive is mostly unknown from the public. Find out more in this episode.

Sega's Awful 1995 Saturn Launch: What On Earth Happened? | Kim Justice

Going into 1995, Sega were riding high in the West after their success with the Mega Drive/Genesis. By year's end, their new 32-bit console the Saturn had a botched launch, they lost all ground to Sony's new PlayStation, and their successful 16-bit console had been discontinued. What on earth happened in those 12 months? Let's find out.

The New Bittboy - unboxing and full review

Bullet Club

Good Modern 2D Games - Game Sack

Episode 246 - Dave's final episode and he wanted to take a look at some good 2D games that exist for the various modern consoles. So we choose a few that we haven't talked about before for you to check out! And thanks to Dave for so many years of Game Sack and bringing his personality to the show. See you soon, Dave!

The Story Of Elite: A Space Opera | Kim Justice

The story of the making of Elite, the most influential British game ever released. Featuring its development, its success, several versions of the game from the original BBC Micro to the NES and Archimedes, and the ever more fraught relationship between its creators Ian Bell and David Braben. Enjoy!

TheNesPursuit Expansion Pak - $800 GAMESTOP TRADE - Trading Retro Games and TOYS to Gamestop

Today Riff and Gabbo make a huge wager.....can Riff get an Xbox One X ONLY doing trades and selling retro items to Gamestop and Book Off? This gets wild!

Made in China - It looks like a Switch!

Game controllers can be great or complete rubbish. These days third party controllers are much better than the junk that was around in the 16bit age but that doesn't mean everything is great. This item however looks like a Switch. That's got to be a good thing, hasn't it? I think so. Check out the video to see why.

How the Sony Playstation 2 Security Was Defeated | MVG

The Sony PlayStation 2 is still the highest selling console in video game history but like its predecessor, the PlayStation, it was a machine that was easily exploited with security flaws. In this episode we find out the methods hackers used to open up the machine.

The NES Hot Seat | Gaming Historian

In 1990, Power to the 10th Inc. introduced "The Hot Seat" for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was a small seat that used body motion to control the game! How did it work? DOES it work? Learn more on this episode of The Gaming Historian!

I Bought A $250 Mystery Box of PS2 Games Off Ebay - This Is What I Got

I recently bought a $250 mystery box of Playstation 2 games off of ebay blindly. The box is completely random but contains 65 games. Here is what was in the box! PS2 Games!

Bullet Club

The N64 Magazine Video

A high-quality upload of the free video given away with issue 1 of N64 Magazine in the UK.

NOTE: The first few minutes of this video are slightly jumpy but the picture quality improves soon after the actual gameplay footage starts.

Bullet Club

The Story of the Unreleased Intellivision III Console

This video tells the story of the unreleased Mattel Intellivision III and IV consoles.

10 WEIRD Gaming Stories of April 2019

April 2019 was a weird month of news for the video game industry and surrounding culture. Here are our favorite examples.

Hyundai Super Comboy - The Story of The Super Nintendo Console in South Korea!

Today Top Hat Gaming Man discusses the history of the Hyundai Super Comboy and the story of Nintendo's entry into the market of South Korea.

Final Fight: How the West was Worse

Final Fight is kinda like a greatest hits of Capcom localization mistakes. We got censorship, bad West-only spinoffs, and a decades long censorship snafu over Poison. We explain the beautiful mess that is Final Fight with our number one top 10 alchemizer-in-chief, Matt McMuscles.

Bullet Club

The Sega Genesis in 1990 | Classic Gaming Quarterly

Episode 59 - The Sega Genesis in 1990. We pick up where “The Sega Genesis in 1989” and launch episodes left off. 46 games came out for the Genesis in 1990; some great, many good, and a few stinkers. Standout titles include Truxton, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star II, Thunder Force III, and Castle of Illusion. Obviously with this many games to cover they can’t all get equal screen time, so I tried to give more attention to the games that deserved it.

Amiga Games That Push The Limits - Part 1: 2D

The Commodore Amiga - a machine that in it's day seemed limitless. I'm taking a look at few of the games that managed to push this 16-bit behemoth to the edge.

In part 1 I'm focusing solely on 2D games, watch out for part 2 where I take a look at 3D titles, coming soon!

Mr. Backup Z64, Nintendo 64 CD 64 Plus, and Pro Fighter X Backup Systems Review - Gamester81

In this video I talk about the different backup game systems that were available in the 90's. These machines would rip the ROMS of the games, creating the growth of emulation.

Battle of the Ports - Shadow of the Beast (シャドー・オブ・ザ・ビースト) Show #269

A game loved by many for it's technical marvel but not for the gameplay. Strangely Shadow of the Beast was ported to many systems. Let's check them out.

TheNesPursuit - BUCKETS FILLED with RETRO GAMES - Super NINTENDO garage sale HAUL - Episode 103

NesComplex and Riff head out to game hunt and find some great things....but wait a second...what is this?!! ....someone very close to them is getting insane deals at garage sales!! Time to investigate. What a wacky outcome in today's episode! DO NOT MISS IT!

Lagoon retrospective: Bad ending | Super NES Works #029

Super NES Works 1991 limps weakly over the finish line with the third dud in a row. Lagoon makes a pitiful capstone for an otherwise strong opening period for Nintendo's 16-bit beast, a hobbled conversion of a fairly respectable PC game that suffers horribly from a single ill-considered new design choice. Oh well! At least we have 1992 to look forward to...

Bullet Club

MiSTer Review - Game Sack

Episode 247 - The MiSTer is an FPGA-based device that runs cores for many different platforms. It originates from the MiST project which had an initial goal of creating an FPGA version of the Atari ST computer. Curiously, there is no Atari ST core for the MiSTer at the time this video is being released, but I fully expect one in the future. I bought my MiSTer and the add-ons at the appropriately-named www.misteraddons.com and they were extremely helpful in helping me set up my MiSTer and also the making of this video, as was Smokemonster who's channel can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/SmokeMonster

Nintendo 64 Game Facts (N64) - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Greg

This time on Did You Know Gaming extra, we take a look at some Nintendo 64 game facts, including N64 games like Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, Pokemon Puzzle League, and Star Fox 64.

The Best Way to Play Phantasy Star - The Original Series / MY LIFE IN GAMING

The original Phantasy Star are an iconic part of Sega history, so we take a look at the the original cartridge versions, ports and official emulations to decide which ones to play for new and old fans alike.

The Story of Three Unreleased Vectrex Consoles

This video tells the story of three unreleased versions of the classic Vectrex console.

TheNesPursuit -THE LUCK OF RETRO GAMING - WAVEBIRD'S, GAMECUBE'S, WII'S AND TOYS! Expansion Pak

I dont know if we ever told you....but BOY OH BOY the swap meets are still loaded to the brim with retro gaming goodies for AMAZING deals! Get your jelly out because this game hunting show is about to go!

SNES & Mega Drive Collecting | Retro Road Trip

It's time for me to be educated on Mega Drive / Genesis and Super Nintendo games. I was never a big console gamer, Marc didn't own the systems first time around.... perhaps he can teach me what he has learned about the must have games for the systems from his collection.

NeoGAF special bonus video!

Final Fantasy IV - ProJared

The really good Final Fantasy games start with the SNES era, starting with FINAL FANTASY IV! The story of Cecil the Paladin and every plot twist ever.

Bullet Club

The Story of the Unreleased Sega Master Drive

This video tells the story of the unreleased Sega Master Drive add-on.

How the Nintendo GameCube Security was defeated | MVG

Released in 2001, the Nintendo GameCube was Nintendo's first console to have an optical drive. In this episode we take a deep dive in the security of the GameCube and how it was defeated by both Soft-modding and Hard-modding techniques.

V-Tetris retrospective: Red blocktober | Virtual Boy Works #14

We launch into Virtual Boy's Japan-exclusive line-up by heading back to the other Tetris game at the other end of the system's life: V-Tetris. This game is nothing at all like 3D-Tetris; for one thing, it's actually Tetris. V-Tetris does nothing to really take advantage of the hardware here, so it's a shame that this interpretation of the block-dropping classic has been locked to Virtual Boy—its special mode offers a unique and enjoyable take on the venerable favorite.

Fixing Up a Weird 486

I was given a cranky 486 that was headed out for recycling, and at first glance it seems pretty normal...but looks can be deceiving.

Stupidly Expensive Big Box PC Games - $800 Sealed?!?

Some of the more RARE and EXPENSIVE big box PC games. - - Big Box PC Game Collectors group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BBPCGC/

Ashley Reacts to retro Amstrad, Nintendo, Atari, Apple, Commodore!

TheNesPursuit - The RETURN of the SEALED VIDEO GAME WAREHOUSE - 9,000 SEALED RETRO GAMES

The boys all head back to the overwhelming wonderland that is filled to the brim with sealed retro games. They answer the questions that everyone has been asking. The squad hones in on purchasing RETRO games that are not easy to find. After....the crew experiences some drama from....you guessed it...GAMESTOP

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Phantom Brave - Disgaea's Younger Sister - Casp

Phantom Brave is a pretty cool chick. Disgaea is a swell fella. NISA... Not so much. I originally wrote this script 8 months ago, so the little aside about stories having two sides has nothing to do with any recent controversies. Please clap.

Fallout - An Entire Series Retrospective and Analysis

A retrospective and analysis of the entire mainline fallout series, looking at each game with a focus on identity and change. Mild Spoilers for each game.

Console Games on Mobile - Scott The Woz

Scott played Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 on the go today what about you?

Kelsey's Game Room Tour 2019!

Alright, you’ve been asking for it...here it is! The game room tour! The audio in the beginning is not great as I ended up having to use the camera mic, but beyond that it should be okay so bear with it! I had some fun going through my collection and trying to find the interesting stuff. Hope you enjoy -- and look forward to more history stuff soon!

The Story Of The 3DO

The 3DO was one of the most hyped consoles of the 90s. It received a large amount of attention from the mainstream media, financial investors, and gamers alike. When released, it was considered an incredibly powerful and impressive system. So why did it have such a short run and why did the 3DO Company fail. In this video we're going to look at how the founder EA teamed with the co creators of the original Amiga computer and Atari lynx to create one of the most anticipated pieces of gaming hardware from the 90s… only to see it fail to capture the market that seemed to covet it. This is the story of the 3DO. Partial list of sources at the end of description.

Bullet Club

The Making of Super Mario World

Super Mario World, or Super Mario Bros 4, is one of the best loved and most well known platformers ever, and it kicked off the Super Famicom in legendary style, being one of two launch titles in Japan, along with F-Zero. This is how it was made.

The Making of F-Zero

F-Zero was one of two launch titles for the Super Famicom, and as such, it needed to possess the wow factor. It's a game that's managed to stand the test of time for being purely fun, and the nine people that put their hearts into making this game, deserve to have those 15 months honoured. This, is the Making of F-Zero.

The Making of Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country is one of the most important games ever made. It was a revolution in how games where created, one of the first truly blockbuster releases. From a game studio in Twycross, Rare created one of the all time classics, and successfully kept Nintendo alive. This, is the story of Donkey Kong Country.

Metal Jesus in JAPAN - Game Hunting in Tokyo

Part 1 of our epic trip to Japan. In Tokyo we hunt for games, eat amazing ramen, visit historical shrines and watch robots fight!

Part 2 of our epic trip to Japan. We travel to Osaka, Kyoto and then back to Tokyo, taking in local Japanese culture, eating amazing food and lots and lots of game hunting!

Bullet Club

Dungeon Master - Clever Floppy Disk Anti-Piracy | MVG

Dungeon Master - the classic 16 bit dungeon crawler that defined a genre was one of the best ever games for the Atari ST and Commodore Amiga. Released in 1987 by FTL (Faster than Light) it saw many ports to different systems including the Sharp X68000, MS-DOS, Apple IIgs, Super Nintendo and more.

It also had one of the most devious floppy disk copy protection schemes ever created. In an age where most games were cracked in a matter of hours, FTL's clever protection took an entire year to crack with many attempts to defeat it, resulting in failure over and over again.

From Manic Miner to Jet Set Willy: The Story and Games of Matthew Smith | Kim Justice

Today we're covering Matthew Smith -- the man responsible for two of the most iconic ZX Spectrum games, Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy. One of the great bedroom coders, he had the UK software world at his feet in the early '80s, but was out of the industry only a few years later. What happened? Let's find out.

Why The Casio PV-1000 Failed! - Rare Japanese Console History

Today Top Hat Gaming Man discusses the history of the Casio PV-1000 and why it failed!

Computer Pioneers: Pioneer Computers

Recorded: 1996

Computer pioneer Gordon Bell hosts this two-part program on the evolution of electronic computing from its pre-World War II origins through the development of the first commercial computers. His narration traces the development of the stored program computer architecture which remains the foundation of todays modern computers.

In Part 1 The builders of the first five computer machines: the Bell Labs Model 1, the Zuse Z1-3, the Atanasoff-Berry Computer, the Harvard Mark 1 and the IBM SSEC tell their stories.

In Part 2 Vintage films and first hand accounts enliven the stories of the ENIAC and the three lines of computing machines descended from it: the Eckert-Mauchly EDVAC, BINAC and UNIVAC; Maurice Wilkes EDSAC; and John Von Neumanns IAS machines and their clones, the ILLIAC, MANIAC, etc.

Birth of BASIC

Professors John Kemeny and Tom Kurtz along with a band of Dartmouth undergraduates invent the Basic computer language.

Bullet Club

SYSTEM SHOCK Retrospective - The Rageaholic

L-l-look at you, Bioshock... a p-pathetic franchise of streamlining and steampunk waifus.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening | Gaming Historian

Learn the complete history of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. What began as an after-hours passion project turned into one of the greatest Zelda games of all time. Learn how the development team at Nintendo went outside the box and created The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening!

You Still Owe It To Yourself To Play Metroid Prime

DuckTales NES Secrets and History | Generation Gap Gaming

There was nothing like turning on the TV after a long day at school to find Uncle Scrooge swimming through his money bin while blasting that unforgettable DuckTales theme song. And Capcom’s NES platformer based on Disney’s hit animated series captures the essence of the show while shattering all expectations for a licensed NES title making it one of the most iconic games ever released on the system. Today we’re gonna uncover all the secrets and history you need to master DuckTales on the NES.

Carmageddon: The Complete History - SGR

The Game Chasers Ep 38 - Buried Treasure/WITH COMMENTARY

This is episode 38 with the commentary ripped from the Season 4 Blu-ray

Bullet Club

The State of Retro Game Collecting 2019

What is the state of retro game collecting in 2019? We discuss where the hobby is at and where it could be headed.

Gaiares - Generation 16 Episode #118

Developer: Telenet Japan
Publisher: Renovation Products
Released: December 26, 1990

Gaiares is the latest in the series of amazing shooters released on the Mega Drive in December of 1990. This first game from Telenet Japan features lengthy story scenes, beautiful music and intense action. Everything you want from a good Genesis game!

The Rise and Fall of F.E.A.R.

"LET ME CHECK eBay"....| FLEA MARKET ADVENTURES 22

"How much is this NES?" ...seller proceeds to pull out a phone and look it up. Is this what the flea market is coming to? Maybe, maybe not....

Bullet Club

Left in Japan 11 - Game Sack

Episode 249 - Continuing to look at some interesting games that were only ever released in Japan, including one game that I should have played a LONG time ago! Heck, we all should have.

Remembering Streets of Rage

The summer of 1991 was a hell of an adventure for me. From the best of times to utter despair, Streets of Rage was there to help me through.

Power Pad Games - Erin Plays

Let's talk about the Power Pad and play the various games made for it! This video took a lot of work and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it 💙

King's Field - From Software's Revolutionary PS1 Debut (PlayStation Year Zero #004)

Dark Souls developer From Software entered the console gaming market in 1994 with the launch of King's Field for the original PlayStation in Japan. But while players overseas may be familiar with its sequel, the original King's Field is rarely discussed, as it was never officially localized. And what did From Software develop before they started making console games, anyway? The answer may shock you!

The Making Of Quake

Quake was the game which standardised the first person shooter genre, and introduced elements to the community and culture which changed the face of gaming forever. This is that story.

When Blockbuster Had Exclusive Video Games - Complete In Box

On the season finale of Complete In Box, we’re taking a look at a piece of gaming history that’s so totally ‘90s: The rental store exclusive video game.

Rare and Expensive Games I Got for Stupid Cheap

I've been a bargain-hunting video game collector for a while, and sometimes I get crazy lucky.

Bullet Club

The Best Looking Sega Saturn Games

5th generation consoles are not often spoken of highly when it comes to graphics. I happen to disagree, and find a ton of charm and appeal in the way these games looked. Here, I go over some of the best looking games for my favorite console, the Sega Saturn.

Cartridge Save File Preservation - Backup, Transfer & Restore Your Save Games / MY LIFE IN GAMING

Afraid of losing that childhood Pokémon save file? We look at a how to change the aging batteries in your Game Boy, Super NES, Genesis and other game cartridges. We talk in depth about backing them up to your computer for safe keeping and transferring them from emulator, flash cart, Virtual Console and even back to real cartridges!

More Secrets of the GameCube GBA Link Cable | Punching Weight [SSFF]

The Gamecube GBA Link Cable is one of Nintendo's best accessories. Fight me!

3D Monster Maze (ZX81) + Trashman (Spectrum) - Malcolm Evans' Speccy Classics | Kim Justice

Today we look at two classic computer games from the brilliant Malcolm Evans. First up is 3D Monster Maze, regarded by some as the first ever survival horror game, and next is his wonderful and totally unique Trashman. Enjoy!

Life in Japan - Selling your games in Japan

In this video I take my son to Geo so that he can sell his Switch copy of Mario Kart 8. He actually gets a good price.

Selling games in Japan is easy IF you can provide Japanese ID and address.

Oh and for those who always ask me top speak Japanese on a video, well here's your chance to hear.

Filmed on an Oppo R17 Neo

TheNesPursuit - METAL WARRIORS STEAL - Flea Market SUCCESS - SUPER NINTENDO win - Expansion Pak

DING DING DING! An epic few days for the retro crew! They score and score and score! This is retro game hunting the way we all remember in the good days of flea market and swap meet hunting!

Bullet Club

Remembering Golden Axe

One of the most memorable games I would get early in the life of the Sega Genesis. Co-op arcade fun was just the beginning.

16-Bit Gems - #30: Rise of the RPG - A History

Roo presents a retrospective on the history of the video Role-Playing Game - running from tabletop wargames up through Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy - and discusses their impact on the genre as a whole. Learn about the major players - including Gygax, Garriott, Woodhead, Horii, Sakaguchi - and how their efforts led to the 16-bit RPG renaissance.

The Launch of the Sega Saturn (1995) | Classic Gaming Quarterly

Episode 35 - The North American launch of the Sega Saturn. The Saturn was surprise-launced on May 11, 1995 along with 6 games. Virtua Fighter was the pack-in, while Daytona USA, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight, Worldwide Soccer: Sega International Victory Goal Edition, and Pebble Beach Golf Links were also available.

Another NWC Cart Found in Storage Unit

Another Nintendo World Championships NES cart was found - this one in a storage unit!

Here's Why POOP SLINGER on PS4 is $500 and Shooting Up in Value

Poop Slinger is currently the rarest physical game on PS4 with only 84 copies sold and is often listed at over $500 on eBay. Why is it so rare? What is the story behind it? And are there any more copies to be found!?

Evolution of Open World Games 1981-2019

Bullet Club

The Problem with Ridley

How Diablo was completely Reverse Engineered without Source Code | MVG

In 1996 Blizzard Entertainment released Diablo, an Action RPG that sold over 2.5 million copies and defined a genre. In 2018 a developer known as GalaXyHaXz almost completely reverse engineered the code in 4 months and released it as open source. How was this accomplished? Find out in this episode !

Unreleased Games 3 - Game Sack

Episode 252 - Time to look at more games that were started and never finished. Actually some of them WERE finished, just never released!

Starting to COLLECT GAMES in 2019? The ADVICE you NEED!

Advice for new game collectors in 2019.

I Spent $275 on Broken Joy-Cons - Can I Fix Them for Profit?

I Spent $275 on Broken Joy-Cons - Can I Fix Them for Profit? I bought 18 untested Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons on eBay to see if I could fix them and then sell them to make money. The Joy-Con conditions varied with some working correctly already and others having problems like broken R buttons, control stick issues, a missing rail, and I even fixed a controller that wouldn't stop buzzing.

Nuclear Games Born From Disaster | Nostalgia Nerd

Yes, there is a Chernobyl Game, even if at it's release in 1987, it was named in somewhat poor taste. It's one from a collection of Nuclear Reactor Games / Nuclear Reactor Simulators / Power Plant Simulators / Nuclear Power Plant Games released over the years, which also help to explain how Nuclear Energy works. The Chernobyl game also, handily, is included in this episode, featuring Scott Manley explaining the workings of a nuclear reactor, and me taking a look at Nuclear Reactor games from the 1980s onwards. Titles include the rather dubiously named Chernobyl for the Commodore 64, Reactor for the Atari VCS, Reactor for the ZX Spectrum, Chain Reaction for the C64 and SCRAM for the Atari 8 bit series.

ALL OF THESE WERE GOING IN THE TRASH! I GOT THEM FOR FREE! HUGE N64 and SNES LOT!

Today Riff heads on an VERY unexpected adventure as he (at random) meets up with someone who was literally on their way to THROW AWAY a box filled with retro games. Riff also is on the prowl for Arcade 1Up cabs. At the end of the day....the unthinkable happens...Riff gets ANOTHER FREE BAG filled with video games that were headed for the DUMP! THIS IS UNREAL!

Building A Nintendo GameCube Collection: eBay Lots

Today we are starting the journey to complete a system that I really enjoyed during my childhood and through my teenage years: The Nintendo GameCube. Unfortunately my teenage self decided to trade most of my collection in when the Xbox 360 came out in order to get the new system leaving me with little to no GameCube games. I ordered some lots from eBay to get things started and talk a bit about some of the games as we go through them.

Bullet Club

The Story of the Unreleased Sega Dreamcast Pace

This is the story of the unreleased Sega/Pace Dreamcast set-top box combo.

The Weird & Unexpected History of Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario Bros 3 is one of Nintendo's most beloved games in their Super Mario series. However, did you know that it was originally going to include a 2 player mode, similar to New Super Mario Bros Wii? Or that the Tanooki suit was originally going to be a Centaur suit? Find out as we follow the journey of developers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka!

Better Than the Arcade - Game Sack

Episode 253 - Let's look at some console games that turned out BETTER than the arcade games that preceded them. Is this even legal?

Cancelled Games - Scott The Woz

Scott takes a look at games that sadly will never come out and Project Giant Robot for Wii U.

Sega Digio SJ-1: The 1996 Sega Digital Camera!

Setting up and trying out Sega's ONLY digital camera: the Digio SJ-1 from 1996! Meant for use with things like the Sega Picture Magic, PriFun, and NEC PC-9821 computers, the Digio is one fascinating piece of 90s retro tech.

Easily Overlooked Games on the Sega Saturn

Looking at 10 Sega Saturn games that are not often part of the conversation about best games on the system. That makes them easy to overlook despite being fun and quite affordable.

TheNesPursuit - MULTIPLE Holy Grails - Collectors DREAM SEGA sign - AMAZING GAME ROOM update

Today the squad heads to a video game/skateboard shop only 45 minutes from them. Ricky dives into a SERIOUS HOLY GRAIL as the boys drool with passion!

Top Bottom