• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: 'Dark Souls' Is A Game About Living Under Capitalism In 2020

CrysisFreak

Banned
More like Dark Souls wouldn't exist without capitalism, just like your phone, your PC, your console, the pizza delivered to your doorstep and just about anything else that isn't poverty and degeneration and yes, I speak from experience thank you very much.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Automation is a long ways off. Andrew Yang must have gotten to some of you.
I don't support the dude but his whole thing is: "let's take care of the automation problem now so we don't have to later when it's too late", which I don't think is a bad idea. It's not like automation has a set date and we'll all be ready for it when it comes, it will be gradual.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
What if I feel like Dark Souls is a metaphor for trying to escape the oppression of communism in other countries. I mean I have to fight and dodge and roll and sneak just to be given the opportunity to choose my own destiny.

Saruhashi

Banned
Automation is a long ways off. Andrew Yang must have gotten to some of you.

This has totally become a non-gaming topic now but one of the main problems with automation is that things won't happen all at once so you'll have major issues there.

So we close all the meat processing plants and those lads are sat at home living a great life while your doctors and dentists etc are getting up at 6am to do 12 hour shifts to earn the same as the lads sitting at home. So you need to offer incentives and this perpetuates inequality.

You'd essentially have decades of forcing people to work because some areas aren't automated yet or you've got to offer some huge benefits to those who still work rather than living this great promised life for free.

Its not workable at all. Just pure fantasy, really.

GrayChild

Imagine Miyazaki gathering his team in FROM Software, telling them:

"OK guys, I have an idea. We'll make a game about living under capitalism in 2020. With dragons, knights and some random dark shit to make it more atmospheric and deeply metaphorical."

Top Bottom