• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice: 'Dark Souls' Is A Game About Living Under Capitalism In 2020

Chiggs

Look at this worthless dipshit hack.

lZsXdgi.jpg

YukiOnna

I thought 'Dark Souls' was a metaphor about getting laid. You try to score, and every time you fail, you return home (to the last bonfire) where you jack off... being sad and miserable and all, and then go out and try again.

Every defeated boss is basically a chick you managed to sleep with. However, there's always thirst for more. This goes on and on until the final boss who symbolizes the need to finally settle down and create a proper family.
Where's your VICE article? would read.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Let’s have a laugh at the article without making fun of her appearance shall we?

It’s one thing to note how people who write stuff like this have a dyed hair uniform, another to comment on their physical features.

It doesn’t make much for a convincing argument against the article and just becomes ammo for those who wish to mischaracterize people who don’t support this drivel.

Just my perspective.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Let’s have a laugh at the article without making fun of her appearance shall we?

It’s one thing to note how people who write stuff like this have a dyed hair uniform, another to comment on their physical features.

It doesn’t make much for a convincing argument against the article and just becomes ammo for those who wish to mischaracterize people who don’t support this drivel.

Just my perspective.
Yeah. The whole thing is cringeworthy but I don't know why people always have to throw physical appearances in this type of debate. It adds nothing, and means nothing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, next time someone mentions, "Dark Souls needs an easy mode" I'm going to point out that the smooth brain that wrote this article managed to beat the game...twice. That ought to shut them up.

MacReady13

Suffer more at the link: https://archive.is/1BYRg

Truly the work of a genius. I’m incredibly fortunate to be able to read such eloquent and insightful writing.
The state of gaming “journalism” today. Fuck me bring back the old days of talking about games controlling well or like shit, what they look like and what the levels contain. It used to be an escape from reality, yet these fucking heroes want to make everything political. Cunts.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Oh My GoSh My TRAnS Dark SoULs CHARACteR is so agAiNsT jEff BezOs WoRKers of thE wORlD UNiTE fREe genDer rEASSigNmenT SURGERY FOr eVeRyONe. CAN'T WAit To REDIsTribUtE sOME WealTh ANd PUnch SOmE nAzIS teehee xd gOd i lOvE ShoVing massiVE drAgOn diLDOS up mY ass tHaNK yOU fROMsOFt I HaTE cApItalIsM And abLeISM

bender

What time is it?
I get that the real world is depressing and all, but people use their hobbies to escape how suffocating their day-to-day lives can feel. It's by and large why I've checked out of most every gaming coverage outlet I used to enjoy.

Self

I'm still waiting for a article giving me a political meta-commentary on 'taking a dump'. We all know it will happen...

Nickolaidas

Banned

Just my perspective.
Attack the ideas, not her appearance.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I thought 'Dark Souls' was a metaphor about getting laid. You try to score, and every time you fail, you return home (to the last bonfire) where you jack off... being sad and miserable and all, and then go out and try again.

Every defeated boss is basically a chick you managed to sleep with. However, there's always thirst for more. This goes on and on until the final boss who symbolizes the need to finally settle down and create a proper family.
This text is dumb as hell, and is way better than the Vice one

@thread
Fight for capitalism paying US$70 for a single game

Hudo

I hope that all the bloggers like VICE, Schreier, etc. are realizing that they'll never win the Pulitzer prize, especially not when they tackle topics they clearly know nothing about.

pullcounter

Yeah. The whole thing is cringeworthy but I don't know why people always have to throw physical appearances in this type of debate. It adds nothing, and means nothing.

you don't know why dimwits resort to attacks on physical appearance? Lol. because they are dim as fuck.

pullcounter

I propose a reality TV show where these commie morons go and try living under an actual communist regime for a week. See how they enjoy their paradise.

The system has nothing to do with how successful it is. Capitalism is just as insanely ruthless as anything else. The problem is rich motherfuckers seem to always end up pulling the strings and making all of the decisions, whether you're living in a capitalist state or anything else

Of course the article, the writer and the magazine are straight crap. Besides: what is wrong about capitalism? In the end it is all about wealth and power, thw more the better and everybody for him/her/itself always at the cost of others. That is the principle of life in general. Every inclusion of collectives is communism (There is no we in I, Family ties are already too much of that commie shit) and to be fought at every occasion for every sane person not tricked by the aristotelean lie.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Just my perspective.

Yep. Make this about what the writer looks like, and you become no better than the cunts at ResetEra.

Play the ball, not the man.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Thanks for the archived link OP, it's always appreciated; I'd never wanna give Vice a click. People like the author, if you can even call them that, are the enemy of freedom and are pure evil, most of them are too stupid to realize it though. It's okay to think that way at 15 years old, because 15 year olds are clueless when it comes to politics and the real world, but if you still think that way when you're 35 then you haven't grown or developed any and you're just a manbaby, or womanbaby in this case, wait I don't actually know the author's prounouns, oh I right, I'm not mentally ill so I don't give a shit.

Top Bottom