• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGtech: Skyrim Special Edition PS5 vs Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S Frame Rate Comparison (Next-Gen Update)

Arioco

PS5 renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160. Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being 2688x2160. Pixel counts at 2688x2160 seem to be rare and the resolution drops less often on Xbox Series X than on Xbox Series S. Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest resolution found being 1792x1440. Pixel counts at 2560x1440 were only found to be sustained in less complex scenes such as dungeons.

Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1hyttFGO21IWxBWczHv6ObfNDK-wCD12S3ecTdRW5HZ8/htmlview

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I can’t read what OP wrote with the dark theme.

PS5 renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160. Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest resolution found being 2688x2160. Pixel counts at 2688x2160 seem to be rare and the resolution drops less often on Xbox Series X than on Xbox Series S. Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest resolution found being 1792x1440. Pixel counts at 2560x1440 were only found to be sustained in less complex scenes such as dungeons.

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks I have read on the YT channels… I posted just to tell OP made be some others have the same issue ;)

Arioco

I can’t read what OP wrote with the dark theme.

In any case the trend continues…

It's weird. I use night mode in my phone and is just white text. I mean, I just copy&pasted the summary from the video.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1hyttFGO21IWxBWczHv6ObfNDK-wCD12S3ecTdRW5HZ8/htmlview

This post on dark mode:
big GIF

ethomaz

Banned
It's weird. I use night mode in my phone and is just white text. I mean, I just copy&pasted the summary from the video.
I believe it is because the letter are formatted as black so in dark theme it get hidden with the background.

I checked in the Light Theme and it is fine there.

Arioco

I believe it is because the letter are formatted as black so in dark theme it get hidden with the background.

I checked in the Light Theme and it is fine there.

And how can I change that from my phone? Any idea?

Edit: I copy&pasted from Topfer's message instead of VGTech. Should be OK now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

Saber

Gold Member
Does this game really has any "improved visuals"? I think they said something like it when announced this version.

ethomaz

Banned
In the tools bar there … (3 points in vertical) in the side of the I (italic)… there you will se a icon like these things used to paint… in there there will be several color to choose plus a rubber to remove them… if you use that rubber in the selected text it will remove any pre formatted color.

Duchess

Someone in the YouTube comments has suggested that DRS is implemented in the Xbox versions to help support mods. The PS5 won't have such mod support, so can stick to the native res.

I'm not someone who ever uses mods, so I'm not sure if there's any truth to the statement.

Thief1987

Is there any difference with PS4Pro/XOX versions with 60fps mode? iirc they are also rendering at 4k.

Last edited:

Arioco

In the tools bar there … (3 points in vertical) in the side of the I (italic)… there you will se a icon like these things used to paint… in there there will be several color to choose plus a rubber to remove them… if you use that rubber in the selected text it will remove any pre formatted color.

Thank you so much! I'll bear this in mind in future messages. 👍

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You are forgetting the base game was created on both base last gen consoles. The OG Xbox one was weaker than base PS4. This “upgrade” isn't one to be gauging anything.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Sure, the game isn't optimized for the new consoles, but it originally being made for the base XBO and PS4 should have no impact on the relative performance on XSX vs PS5.

Top Bottom