• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGTECH] Crash 4 PS5 / XSX / XSS

MonarchJT

Banned
It's also why we shouldn't expect any massive differences between the two in the future. It's not like one system will be stagnant while the other just improves. Both have plenty of headroom to work with.
No one, with a working mind, would ever have thought of abysmal differences. Each console has its strengths, weaknesses and performance ceiling. Definitely both are working far below their own specs 10tf for the ps5 and 12tf for the xsx as the gen goes on the devs will find out how to get closer and closer to that roof.

ps. and I know that my post will ring alarm bells for the usual suspects. but that's because, albeit very close, they never accepted the specifications of the two machines.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
about the ps5 dieshot not the xsx and what it resamble before Locuza was bit covertly attacked by the usual fanboys

If you followed the thread you will have read the exchange of messages between me and him about it.
Is ok, don't worry people don't take seriously people attached so strictly to playstation too.
Your initial post that kicked this off was you disagreeing with someone comparing the PS5 and XSX gpu.

If the XSX isnt relevant in this discussion....I don't know what to say.....

btw....the PS5 came up in posts ...if you just read the thread from where I posted.....

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Your initial post that kicked this off was you disagreeing with someone comparing the PS5 and XSX gpu.

If the XSX isnt relevant in this discussion....I don't know what to say.....
have several different things besides teraflops. we don't even know if they have the same cu (with an official confirmation) if we really want to be honest.

for this reason when some talk about performance in this superficial way, it makes me smile

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
have several different things besides teraflops. we don't even know if they have the same cu (with an official confirmation) if we really want to be honest.

for this reason when some talk about performance in this superficial way, it makes me smile
cu's?

Cerny officially confirmed RDNA 2 cu's in..... The Road to PS5....that was aimed more at developers then the general public.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Care to elaborate? You mean MS?

MS has several things we can reference, Sony has The Road to PS5 and interviews with Cerny.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
cu's?

Cerny officially confirmed RDNA 2 cu's in..... The Road to PS5....that was aimed more at developers then the general public.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Care to elaborate? You mean MS?
oh sorry , you right,we'll yes he did. I remembered badly. But we have a lot of discrepancies and few confirmations regarding both implementations of ... pretty much everything. It would be nice if both companies were much more open about it.

ps. both have their version of rdna2 cu. to be clear not standard one..as for example everyone in the know is pretty sure that ps5 doesn't have ml support

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
oh sorry , you right,we'll yes he did. I remembered badly. But we have a lot of discrepancies and few confirmations regarding both implementations of ... pretty much everything. It would be nice if both companies were much more open about it.

ps. both have their version of rdna2 cu. to be clear not standard one..as for example everyone in the know is pretty sure that ps5 doesn't have ml support
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think even the PS4 Pro had ML support. Xbox has also similar ML support (no dedicated ML hardware chip in either console) but supports for 4-bit/8-bit integer. HDR for non-HDR games in both consoles are also apparently powered by this.

The one difference (at least in terms of terminologies) is the Direct ML support, which is part of the DX12u, that Xbox does, and PS5 (of course, doesn't). But as with everything else (like DX Ray Tracing), Sony must be using its own "nameless" API.

MonarchJT

Banned
Are you talking about teh incorrect analysis of Marvel avengers or the DX11 hitman engine. Whatever.
your comment didn't ended well ..seem that in addition to this game vgtech has also analyzed Marvel Avengers. i told you I'm saving everything;). you know for the crows so we have 0.25% for this game and what 50%+ for the other? must be the pixel fill rate or probably the clock was too high ;)))

Last edited:
No one, with a working mind, would ever have thought of abysmal differences. Each console has its strengths, weaknesses and performance ceiling. Definitely both are working far below their own specs 10tf for the ps5 and 12tf for the xsx as the gen goes on the devs will find out how to get closer and closer to that roof.

ps. and I know that my post will ring alarm bells for the usual suspects. but that's because, albeit very close, they never accepted the specifications of the two machines.

Of course each system has their own set of advantages. It might bother some people but neither is superior to the other in every single way. Teraflops definitely are not everything only the ignorant believe that.

MonarchJT

Banned
Of course each system has their own set of advantages. It might bother some people but neither is superior to the other in every single way. Teraflops definitely are not everything only the ignorant believe that.
totally right
teraflops never been in any gpu the end of the story
(hey don't take seriously my previous post to geordie he just deserve that)

Top Bottom