• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGC: half of the core dev team of Microsoft studio The Initiative have apparently quit the company in the past 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJorginho

Banned
Mod edit: please keep all developments/new articles etc. in the thread here, especially given the poor quality of responses thus far:

VGC: half of the core dev team of Microsoft studio The Initiative (working on the next Perfect Dark) have apparently quit the company in the past 12 months due to frustration over the game's direction and general 'top-down' studio hierarchy.

VGC sources also claim that the participation of Crystal Dynamics in the development of Perfect Dark might have triggered a soft-reboot of the project and pushing it further away from release.

The Initiative's management on the other hand is confident in the current team.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Sucks The Office GIF

skit_data

I think it was a mistake to hype up The Initiative so early on and I think it was an even bigger mistake to announce Perfect Dark so early. According to the article, this game is far off from the sound of it.

Would’ve been better to announce it as a big surprise when release was more imminent. But I guess the reason is that it’d been hard to keep it a secret.

Who’s doing math at vgc? They were only 70 people there if they’re down to 50 how’s that half ? Also lots of people leave studios after their jobs done and go onto their next thing. Especially with crystal dynamics taking the brunt of the work I’m sure they have a lot of overlapping positions. But people love their negative Xbox news lol 😂 carry on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

This feels like the staff are quitting as more responsibilities are being allocated to Crystal Dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom