• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] 343 Industries has delayed providing an update on its Halo Infinite seasonal, co-op and Forge plans, saying it needs more time

“In November, I said we’d have a #HaloInfinite update on our Seasonal roadmap, Co-Op, and Forge in January,” he tweeted. “We need more time to finalize our plans so what we share is something you can rely on.

“This work is my top priority, and we’ll have an update as soon as we can.”

“And we can’t commit to any hard dates right now, because as we’re seeing with this multiplayer beta, other things might move up in the priority stack for us."

sendit

Get It Hell Yeah GIF by Naughty Dog

JLB

Banned
Sucks because everyone whos played it including me loves the gameplay. Like they nailed it. But the way it was released just shows you, 343 needs help. Joe staten has his work cut out for him in getting this studio on the right track.

Kind of agree, but at the same time the fact that gameplay is simply god level will make me return to SP as soon as they release any kind of DLC.

Roxkis_ii

I don't play Halo, but a delayed product is better then releasing a stinker, or in Overwatch's case, just skins and a smile.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
They should call Bungie to get help
They can't even help themselves, complaining how "making content is too hard" being almost double the size of 343i. The recent purchase did make out of loop people think there is a team of devs who can make a better Halo game composed of the original team and are working for another platform. Most people we associate with Halo don't even work in Bungie anymore.

They can't even help themselves, complaining how "making content is too hard" being almost double the size of 343i. The recent purchase did make out of loop people think there is a team of devs who can make a better Halo game composed of the original team and are working for another platform. Most people we associate with Halo don't even work in Bungie anymore.
I don't think they're quite the talent they were 2000-2010, but I also think Destiny was a very different type of project, and I think under sony they'll flourish with the type of funding and freedom that comes with.

So many people have said the purchase doesn't make sense or isn't a big deal because they only have the Destiny IP.

Look back at when Sony bought Naughty Dog in 2001. At the time they had no IP. Jak and Daxter would be released at the end of the year and even then, that's the only IP they had. It was only the 17th top selling PS2 title and its sequels performed even less. 6 years later they came out with Uncharted Drake's Fortune which outsold Jak and Daxter 1 and its sequels went on to outperform the original and eventually results in the last of us which outsold all the uncharted games.

So it's about vision and management.

I still don't get this mess. After MCC how do they find themselves in the same mess again? It boggles my mind. The one saving grace is 343 absolutely nailed the core gameplay loop with Infinite campaign and multi. A heck of a lot around that is either missing or incomplete or poor choices from above which royally screw the game over. I'll say it again, shake up the decision makers at 343.

This game is going to be pushing 7.5-9 years of development before it hits full potential in gamers hands. Fuck that. Long road to go for getting maps, modes, forge, coop, content drops, firefight, campaign expansions, fixes, netcode. It's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way off still.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
Agreed, take your time. Acknowledge you need more time, take the time, release in a polished form.

LordOfChaos

For some reason does it seem like studios outside of Nintendo and Sony rack diciprine? Why would studios outside of Nintendo and Sony rack diciprine?

ZehDon

Gold Member
If they can fix the de-sync, connectivity, and progression issues at least, they'll buy themselves time to resolve the content issues. However, if they do nothing while continuing to release new over-priced MTX while the game languishes in its current state, they'll find themselves in trouble pretty quickly.

RPS37

If they can fix the de-sync, connectivity, and progression issues at least, they'll buy themselves time to resolve the content issues. However, if they do nothing while continuing to release new boring over-priced MTX while the game languishes in its current state, they'll find themselves in trouble pretty quickly.
Fixed.
I love this core gameplay too.

Ozzie666

So technically it is an update, for an update, for a road map, that was delayed, But the actually road map might come out when they said it might?

I'm glad some people find some joy in the incomplete, unfinished, mess of a game. It needs to be held more accountable.

I'm having fun with the multiplayer but considering the game was delayed, it was released barebones. It feels incomplete.

I played the MP for maybe a few hours and kind of fell off it pretty hard. I’m not sure what it is but I just didn’t really care for it. I think all the stuff around micro transactions and the really bad customisation put me off a bit. It seems so focused on that rather than anything else.

Leyasu

Banned
Poor Joe. He’s got a lot of work on his hands with 343. The fucking gameplay is amazing. But it is everything else from no region filter on the matchmaking to forced cross play, no content and the net code or something that is not working correctly is killing the fucking experience.

Hits and melees not working getting shot around corners etc. The list of niggles is endless and I am playing on 16-22ms servers. The last week seems to have taken it to a new level of bullshit. I like hearing my melees connect on someone for it to not register and the person then 1 mêlée kills me with full shields lol.

I get the feeling that their “new” (in reality revamped decades old engine) is the cause of everything. From the time it takes to do anything to the horrendous packet loss we are seeing online. They should port it over to IDtech or UE5.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
There probably still just deciding how there going to expand the Store Page to include the "forge packs" where you have to buy access to specific items for forge on a "really fun" rotating store front.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
There probably still just deciding how there going to expand the Store Page to include the "forge packs" where you have to buy access to specific items for forge on a "really fun" rotating store front.
Your dreams and wishes about 343i turning the game into P2W seem to never end. I guess a store only containing cosmetics seemed too unappealing so you now make up stories that you tell yourself about how the game will be p2w.

Top Bottom