• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247: Xbox at E3 shows it finally has games, but is still struggling to match Sony in terms of wow factor.

Where is gow2, hogwart legacy, lego games, king of fighters, and tons of games.

I will do simple word so your brain can comprehend it. Games are made by a group of people. With lockdown in 2020, people weren't working in office. Thus slowed the process of making games. Then you have to deal with games which has motion caps (hell blade 2). Since those games need group interaction, and it was impossible last year.

Hope you can understand it. Not every company is heartless like you, who wants to pump out games nonstop, during a world wide crisis.
So I present you proof and you ignore it lmao. I believe you are not working right? Otherwise it's really weird the assumptions that you're making. Remote work was defined and done in march-april, do you think we're still trying to figure out how to work from home? I've been working from home for 16 months now and our company has never done better. So please stop using COVID as an excuse.

The games you are talking about weren't delayed because of COVID, they were delayed because incompetence. Halo's delay for example had nothing to do with COVID. GoW was never intended for release this year, that was a blatant lie by Sony. They didn't even have a single image to share. It's going to come out 2023 or at the end of 2022. There was never a date for Hogwarts legacy (which has been in development since like 5 years ago) nor King of Fighters, so please stop with the bs.

Spidey Fan

Banned
5da523.jpg
Who is this handsome guys?
Sexy Valentines Day GIF by Hunchback Music

Topher

Gold Member
Some people are just far gone.

Want to play Starfield? Just buy a fucking Xbox. It really is that simple.

Exactly. People need to follow games instead of corporations. I love Sony's games. I don't love Sony. There is a massive difference. I'm a gamer. If Microsoft has games I want to play then I'll find a way to play them. The problem is people falling in love with corporations and pretending they love them back.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
So I present you proof and you ignore it lmao. I believe you are not working right? Otherwise it's really weird the assumptions that you're making. Remote work was defined and done in march-april, do you think we're still trying to figure out how to work from home? I've been working from home for 16 months now and our company has never done better. So please stop using COVID as an excuse.

The games you are talking about weren't delayed because of COVID, they were delayed because incompetence. Halo's delay for example had nothing to do with COVID. GoW was never intended for release this year, that was a blatant lie by Sony. They didn't even have a single image to share. It's going to come out 2023 or at the end of 2022. There was never a date for Hogwarts legacy (which has been in development since like 5 years ago) nor King of Fighters, so please stop with the bs.
The proof which you presented as in finished games? Dude, don't make me laught at you.

There. Hope you learn something.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Mad Max and Rage 2 were very interesting from Avalanche, and they say that Contraband, which will have a campaign, is their most ambitious game yet. It's open world, seems like vehicles will be your personal iron man suit of sorts. Things could get very interesting there.

Plague Tale Requiem looks awesome, and it's also a day one on Game Pass.

Stalker 2 is the most impressive pure gameplay demonstration probably of this entire show thus far. Watch that shit on your 4K televisions, watch on your OLED if you have one, I did... lacking wow factor???

Stalker 2, Plague Tale Requiem and Psychonauts 2 are all multiplats so the writer couldn't use them as a WOW factor for Xbox.

Also, I feel like I'm in another dimension. For months and years we were told countless times that third-party exclusives/moneyhats were the devil, anti-consumer and always bad. Now we have two from Xbox (Contraband and Stalker 2) and I don't see any controversy or outrage anywhere? Stalker 2 is being overhyped as the best looking game ever on console (it looks like Metro). Hypocrisy much?

Where is the energy?

elliot5

Stalker 2, Plague Tale Requiem and Psychonauts 2 are all multiplats so the writer couldn't use them as a WOW factor for Xbox.

Also, I feel like I'm in another dimension. For months and years we were told countless times that third-party exclusives/moneyhats were the devil, anti-consumer and always bad. Now we have two from Xbox (Contraband and Stalker 2) and I don't see any controversy or outrage anywhere? Stalker 2 is being overhyped as the best looking game ever on console (it looks like Metro). Hypocrisy much?

Where is the energy?
STALKER 2 moneyhat is bad, but if the Epic files are to be taken as truth it's only 3 months. That's much more "reasonable" than a year or more like FFVIIR.

Contraband is being published by Xbox... why is that thrown in there. That's like saying "why isn't Returnal on Xbox?" and getting upset over it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Is spiderman game short? With full dlc, I am at 10% now. Or does it only count the base game first, before the dlc?

I think it's around 25 hours for everything for MM, but the base game I don't remember but finished all the DLC's and I guess it's around 40 or something.

Billbofet

I don't think anything shown from Sony has come close to as impressive as FH5 or Flight Simulator, but I'm sure I'll be told why I am wrong.... And I am a fan of all games. Bring it all on!!!

Durien

Of the stuff I saw, I want Shredders the most. I loved Amped and Amped 2. I have a 360 set up on one of my side TV so that when the season starts I play it. When I saw that trailer a muffled squuueeeeeeee may have escaped me. I bought so many cds of the bands in amped 2's soundtrack and I still listen to it on YouTube. (Some angel uploaded the amped 2 soundtrack). Then I saw "Coming FIRST to xbox" which leads me to believe I may be able to hold off buying an Xbox just for this game.

Tl;dr? Amped and amped 2 are awesome. Shredders looks like a spiritual successor.

What's gotten interesting is that basically every exclusive, whether timed or not, is a "day one Gamepass" game. MS now sort of has that in their back pocket, beyond just making things timed exclusive.

Although I bet with some smaller games Sony won't be afraid to do PSNow day one's too... but they aren't really doing that for now. I think Sony should restructure their offering personally.

Honestly, I agree. We all know Sony has quality fucking content. They make some of the best games in the world. Xbox being my preferred platform or not, even I'm honest enough to admit Sony does great work, but at some point they have to address the big ass elephant in the room. Realistically Xbox owners are looking at getting a crazy ass assortment of prestige indies (games I put in this category are the likes of Hades etc) along with big cross gen AAAs (3rd and 1st party) and full next gen exclusive first party AAAs as day ones for nothing more than $10 per month for the rest of this generation. $15 per month across phones, tablets, TVs, xbox consoles and PC if you're an ultimate subscriber.

That is an insane amount of money Xbox owners will be able to save. As a gamer you just have to imagine a time when Sony rethinks what they're doing because I don't know how long you can ignore your main competitor doing things like that, as it's obvious now that Xbox's first party game drought is as good as over. It would take a catastrophic fuckup the likes of which we can't foresee for these games, especially on the Bethesda side of things to not see release. And Xbox already has studios under their XGS banner that have proven they can ship quality titles.

Neil Young

Please don't waste my time. You didn't even read the reasons for the delay. Only like two games mention COVID, all the other were delayed for different reasons.
Thank god for you because when I went to a local restaurant and they were short staffed, the owner came up to me and apologized for the wait as, due to Covid, they.....I stopped him right there and said "Hey, Yasqueen00 on the internet said Covid is no excuse for delays, so I want my meal quickly and perfect service." I also went to the vet and they mentioned that, due to Covid, there was a 8 hour wait time for urgent care. I said "Oh no, no acceptable, you may have heard of YIcream00 on the internet, they said there should be no delays...after all, his job adapted, so should you.".

This is some of the most ignorant shit possible.

supernova8

Banned
It wasn't a bad Xbox E3 but that says more about what we've seen other than Xbox as opposed to Xbox actually having a great show. I guess they have a good-ish/decent show. A lot of games I'm not interested in at all but still lots of games, and minimal fluff from Sarah Bond (although every time I hear "games" from her all I can hear is "give me my big salary please") so I'll give them that.

They showed a lot of games and I cannot argue with the value proposition of Game Pass. That said, they didn't show much gameplay for their heavy hitters. We got a gameplay blowout (relatively) for FH5 which looks like a lot of fun, but I still cannot get over the fact that we still have not seen anything of Hellblade 2 (remember, one of the very first games announced) or any proper campaign gameplay for Halo Infinite (which has been discussed to death so we'll leave it there).

There was not really any WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh moment. In other words, in the way that you have all those viral-ish videos of people reacting to Sony conferences, I personally didn't see any of those moments at the Xbox event.

Maybe I’m old and jaded but games rarely ever “wow” me any more. That said, Elden Ring and Battlefield 2024 are the two I am most looking forward to so far.

Null Persp

The wow factor

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF
wow GIF

I personally don't care because nowadays the wow factor is usually toward 3rd person cinematic games, but generally speaking I kind agree, I said it after the conference, it was good but it lacked the heavy hitters and the last surprised fell flat.
Game Pass was the best thing in my opinion.
Do you remember the hype around Halo and Gears in the 360 era? They miss that and they need to rebuild it like Sony did toward the end of the PS3 generation.
But the future is bright, after they deliver with their upcoming games things are going to change, Starfield, Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwilds, Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones, all those RPGs in development and then they still have to show their biggest title, the new The Elder Scrolls, that is going to be huge.

Kagey K

Banned
Of the stuff I saw, I want Shredders the most. I loved Amped and Amped 2. I have a 360 set up on one of my side TV so that when the season starts I play it. When I saw that trailer a muffled squuueeeeeeee may have escaped me. I bought so many cds of the bands in amped 2's soundtrack and I still listen to it on YouTube. (Some angel uploaded the amped 2 soundtrack). Then I saw "Coming FIRST to xbox" which leads me to believe I may be able to hold off buying an Xbox just for this game.

Tl;dr? Amped and amped 2 are awesome. Shredders looks like a spiritual successor.
Lmfao this was literally my reaction during the show.

This looks so much like Amped. Can it be?
I was just waiting to hear a giggling snowman. I loved the first 2 Amped games (3 wasn’t terrible either, just different.)

Im definitely playing it day one and I hope we can use the old Amped control scheme.

Kangx

I don't think anything shown from Sony has come close to as impressive as FH5 or Flight Simulator, but I'm sure I'll be told why I am wrong.... And I am a fan of all games. Bring it all on!!!
[/QUOPC.

Yea no, DF has been calling Spiderman, Demon souls, and recently HFW one of the best looking game since launch. DF even call Ratchet and Clank the best looking game yet even with Flight simulator already out for pc. Xbox fans have been hearing sony from having one of the best looking game from launch, and HFW just show case recently. With ratchet and clank just launched and many journalists and gamers calling it the best looking game they have eve seen. I know Xbox fans are eager, but no. If you don't agree go make a poll, I guarantee you Ratchet will win most impressive and best lookin game. I know Xbox fan don't pay attention much to ps5 games. Take a look at this bar clip. It is the most impressive gameplay running at 60fps with ray tracing. No other games on the Xbox is even come close yet that include flight simulator and forza that not yet release on the xbox. Yea, Ray Tracing in 60 fps is that good.

fD8NvZJ.jpg
tiqDs04.jpg

1xJe8aS.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Thank god for you because when I went to a local restaurant and they were short staffed, the owner came up to me and apologized for the wait as, due to Covid, they.....I stopped him right there and said "Hey, Yasqueen00 on the internet said Covid is no excuse for delays, so I want my meal quickly and perfect service." I also went to the vet and they mentioned that, due to Covid, there was a 8 hour wait time for urgent care. I said "Oh no, no acceptable, you may have heard of YIcream00 on the internet, they said there should be no delays...after all, his job adapted, so should you.".

This is some of the most ignorant shit possible.
Lo whatever. I prove you wrong. The delays on those lists were of a week or couple of weeks at the most. But whatever, keep blaming COVID for everything.

Judging from the comments…

xbox finally shows some games after a gen without any quality and now

Its Sony all of a sudden its Sony whos behind yall are Hilarious lolll.

without Microsoft buying Bersethda that Conferance was flat.. Starfield saved MS, MS still has yet to put out its own games from in house that’s quality.

Did you not see Halo Infinite or Forza Horizon 5?

Neil Young

Lo whatever. I prove you wrong. The delays on those lists were of a week or couple of weeks at the most. But whatever, keep blaming COVID for everything.
No, you're proving that you recently woke up from a coma due to head trauma.

Back on topic, my concern is that the Covid delays provided ample time for these gaming studios to hire a bunch of people not according to talent but diversity quotas based on these recent shows. Thank god for studios like Turn 10 that crank out unbelievable content with "wow factor".

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bullshit. I got 100% done in about 12 hours. Then it was another four for the Plat as you need to play through NG+ (but can do so on Easy and skip all cut scenes).

Hey, I finished Returnal in 11 hours and some finished in 100+ hours. It's not bullshit it just depends on your playstyle. 25 hours was to have gold in all challenges in the game + main story. Also playing in the highest difficulty.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
It was their best show in YEARS probably since the 360 days. Still wish we would’ve gotten like a hell blade 2 gameplay trailer or fable trailer.
We all want to see fable but the studio was started in 2018 and really staffing up into most of 2019 still plugging holes I to 2020. I am thinking late next year for fable they should have the next-gen forza engine first iteration in a good spot next year to.

Three

No no no. Redfield, from the makers of Prey and Dishonoured, must be trashed because of one cinematic trailer.

That brand new studio though, that’s probably 5 years away from releasing its first game, has a thread of people posting all sorts of CoD metrics to hype themselves up :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's so great that you don't even remember the name of it.

Exactly. People need to follow games instead of corporations. I love Sony's games. I don't love Sony. There is a massive difference. I'm a gamer. If Microsoft has games I want to play then I'll find a way to play them. The problem is people falling in love with corporations and pretending they love them back.
It's like, "Bro, that multi-billion dollar corporation still ain't gonna fuck you, no matter how much you stan for 'em on the internet."

Kagey K

Banned
It's like, "Bro, that multi-billion dollar corporation still ain't gonna fuck you, no matter how much you stan for 'em on the internet."
Oh they will fuck you, you just probably aren't going to enjoy it as much as you thought. 😅

As they bend you over and jam it in dry.

It's the ones that keep going back and begging to get fucked again that have the problem.

Last edited:

Billbofet

Yea no, DF has been calling Spiderman, Demon souls, and recently HFW one of the best looking game since launch. DF even call Ratchet and Clank the best looking game yet even with Flight simulator already out for pc. Xbox fans have been hearing sony from having one of the best looking game from launch, and HFW just show case recently. With ratchet and clank just launched and many journalists and gamers calling it the best looking game they have eve seen. I know Xbox fans are eager, but no. If you don't agree go make a poll, I guarantee you Ratchet will win most impressive and best lookin game. I know Xbox fan don't pay attention much to ps5 games. Take a look at this bar clip. It is the most impressive gameplay running at 60fps with ray tracing. No other games on the Xbox is even come close yet that include flight simulator and forza that not yet release on the xbox. Yea, Ray Tracing in 60 fps is that good.

fD8NvZJ.jpg
tiqDs04.jpg

1xJe8aS.jpg

[/QUOTE]

....and here is someone telling me how wrong I am as I predicted.

Clickbait paid article to trigger console wars.

Nothing to see. Horizon 5, a open world game looks better than GT7 and saying no wow factor lol.

Quote from Article-

Wtf lol
"Those moments simply didn’t come, and for my money the big new games simply didn’t excite, no matter how good they will likely end up being on release

And VG famous for click baity articles

For example-

And this

See you can find such articles everywhere

DavidGzz

?????

Btw, you dont own the games, and the 3rd party games dont stay on gamepass forever.

There are very few games that I want to return to when finished. Those are the ones I buy like if Elden Ring was on Game Pass, I'd still buy it cause I know I'll play it over and over throughout the generation. I end up paying $60($70 in Returnal's case) on something I don't even finish once to be honest so Game Pass is amazing for that. I'm all digital so I can't even sell my old games so who gives a shit if I own them?

Top Bottom