• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG TECH] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test

Lysandros

The difference this gen so far is smaller than it has ever been. PS3 - 360 was a usually a decent gap in performance and IQ, with 360 winning despite being older, cheaper and no Cell. PS4 - Xbox One was a clear advantage to PS4 in about every game since it was almost the same architecture but with more raw power, faster RAM and some other things. PS4 was flat out better. 1X usually beat Pro because 1X was a more recent, more expensive and more powerful system.

The thing is that from the get go we knew the Xbox had a TF advantage and higher clocks. The PS5 did have a better SSD solution and some other neat tricks but the consesus was that the Series X would blow the PS5 out of the water, with some even predicting 2160p native game for Series X would likely be 1440p for PS5. No one expected the PS5 to be this close, let alone win comparisons. And thats what happens right now. The difference is small and probably not even visible to the naked eye (no one on forehand yells PS5 version of certain game looks best, they do it after comparisons for a reason) but its against MS' narrative with the Series X. Which is why I can understand the laughs.
Slight mistake there i suppose?

Lysandros

Didn't Xbox Series X CPU have higher clock speed with 3.8 ghz?
It's 3.5 ghz to 3.6 ghz with SMT enabled, a 3.5% difference without accounting for the 10% of one core dedicated to I/O processing. I thought you were talking about the GPUs, in that case every single part of the PS5 GPU (from the Command Processor to Geometry Engine including CUs and HWS/ACE blocks etc.) is around 20% faster compared to XSX's.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that you're too emotionally invested in your console of choice. It's time to step back and experience life instead of arguing over this rubbish.

Lol. Looks who's talking. Of course it is rubbish because XSX didn't won this comparison. Sadly for Xbox fans across the board

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
A comparison with these results is really useful actually. It will serve as a good reference point once the usual suspects all flip flop over what they consider an actual "win".

I disagree with your last point though. Once development is entirely focused on current gen consoles, there really won't be any leap frogging at that point. Maybe a rare occurrence where the PS5 punches above it's weight, while the XBX below... But as the gen goes on, the XBX will outright win most comparisons. It simply has a higher ceiling than the PS5.

By that point, I'm sure the Sony faithful will have changed the narrative yet again. My guess is something along the lines of "Power doesn't matter, neither does exclusives. This is what Xbox fanboys never seem to get. It's all about the haptics man... The haptics."
donald trump rnc GIF by Election 2016

Top Bottom