• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG tech : Immortals Fenix Rising PS5 vs XSX

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Yea I m thinking of buying it . I m waiting a month for first sale .
I picked this up on the PS5 to try out. It's okay so far. Not really gripping. Laughed when I saw the first tower.

I've put about 3 hours into it and I'm kind of regretting the purchase. Good looking game though!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Seems they are same but ps5 has generally/more often higher dynamic resolutions in performance mode .

In quality mode ps5 is locked 4k where as xsx is still dynamic and can go down to 1870p in some scenes .

Quick summary:

Performance mode :
PS5 in dynamic 4K (2275x1280p ~ 3840x2160p)
XSX in dynamic 4K (1920x1080p ~ 3840x2160p)
XSS in dynamic 1080p (1280x720p ~ 1920x1080p)

Quality mode :
PS5 in native 4K (3840x2160p)
XSX in dyanmic 4K (3328x1872p ~ 3840x2160p)
XSS in dynamic 1440p (1920x1080p ~ 2560x1440p)

Framerate Performance Mode :
PS5: 59.99fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 59fps)
XSX: 59.97fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 56fps)
XSS: 47.06fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 30fps)

*The PS5 in Performance mode has a strange bug that causes stuttering but not related to the game framerate.

Framerate Quality Mode :
PS5: 30.00fps on average (Max: 30fps / min: 30fps)
XSX: 30.00fps on average (Max: 30fps / min: 30fps)
XSS: 29.99fps on average (Max: 30fps / min: 27fps)

A little tearing on XSX and XSS in quality mode.

"PS5 in Performance Mode currently has a bug that causes stuttering unrelated to the games frame rate.

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2275x1280. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

The scene at 0:46 was where the lowest resolution was found and this scene seems to render at a higher average resolution on PS5 in Performance Mode than Xbox Series X in Performance Mode. However, in other scenes the PS5 and Xbox Series X render at a similar resolution in Performance Mode, and in some cases the Xbox Series X can render at a higher resolution than PS5."

PS5 and Xbox Series X in Performance Mode use a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Xbox Series S in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1280x720. Xbox Series S in Perforamnce Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 1920x1080 when rendering natively below this resolution.

The only resolution found on PS5 in Quality Mode was 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 3328x1872. Drops in resolution below 3840x2160 on Xbox Series X in Quality Mode seem to be uncommon.

Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 2560x1440 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 2560x1440 when rendering natively below this resolution."

Performance chart : ps5 has slight advantage in performance on top of the resolution advantage)
7EB0BjG.png

Can you guys treat Xbox Series X as a minor and stop harassing it?

ColdGlossyBluefintuna-small.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Xbox Series X in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 3328x1872. Drops in resolution below 3840x2160 on Xbox Series X in Quality Mode seem to be uncommon.

PS5 is BEAST

The most powerful/performant console with the best games in the industry.

Methos#1975

Seems a xbox fan is allreday getting his tools ready for another beat down🤣

Considering how purpose built the XSX towards BC and the fact that it will be running a version of the game built for the Xbox X versus the PS5 which uses the Pro version as its base and looking at how past comprasions between 99% of Pro vs X versions of games go, I think it a pretty fair gamble that on the 10th the XSX will have the best version of the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The differences found are completely negligible and won't affect anyone, but still, yet another example of the PS5 matching and even beating the theoretically more powerful XSX.

Vognerful

Actually it's every single game with a next gen version that performs better on PS5, aside from DMC, funnily enough. The differences are very small anyhow but it's still funny.

Come on man, be a good sport about this, you were gloating for months and now the PS5 turns out is a better performing machine, what a funny thing, isn't it? What was that about restaurants and crows? Something related to nutrition, wasn't it? Just be careful, eating so much can probably make your stomach upset. ;)
Dmc, cod and BL3

Dmc, cod and BL3
Cod ? Are you serious? If you wanna talk a bug that caused ps5 drop in RT 60 mode then talk about this where xsx drops to 30 and stays there for long time :

pMyPJmX.jpg

Call of duty average frame is higher on ps5 while having better raytraced shadows as xsx RT is lower resolution and flickers.

BbEzOFJ.jpg

In 120 fps mean for ps5 is also higher. So yea. In every measure , cod is better on ps5

DMC is now also patched so 2 of the modes are locked to 60 on both(used to be uncapped) while 120 fps is better on ps5 and quality RT mode is a tie . So no to dmc as well.

Also BL3 uses higher setting than xsx so I don't know how thays a win for xsx ? No need to answer its rhetorical question .

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
maybe but elanalystradebits is not a reliable source

they often give incorrect information
The level of bullshitness spread to this channel is something else. He just guesses Res and other stuff and he goes inevitably wrong every single time. Furthermore it's fps analysis smell of fake and it never shows fps drops.

Vognerful

Cod ? Are you serious? If you wanna talk a bug that caused ps5 drop in RT 60 mode then talk about this where xsx drops to 30 and stays there for long time :

pMyPJmX.jpg

Call of duty average frame is higher on ps5 while having better raytraced shadows as xsx RT is lower resolution and flickers.

BbEzOFJ.jpg

In 120 fps mean for ps5 is also higher. So yea. In every measure , cod is better on ps5

DMC is now also patched so 2 of the modes are locked to 60 on both(used to be uncapped) while 120 fps is better on ps5 and quality RT mode is a tie . So no to dmc as well.

Also BL3 uses higher setting than xsx so I don't know how thays a win for xsx ? No need to answer its rhetorical question .
Man for guys who claim to be "winning" are so easy to trigger.

If the car of xbox is that it reaches 60 with "less" details then that is efficiency since you don't waste resources where it does not matter much.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Man for guys who claim to be "winning" are so easy to trigger.

If the car of xbox is that it reaches 60 with "less" details then that is efficiency since you don't waste resources where it does not matter much.

Lol that's not 'efficiency'. That's called 'cutting corners'.

And why does the world's most powerful console that "eats monsters for breakfasts" have to make comrpomises to reach 60 FPS when PS5 doesn't?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Why are you sending me pm’s to reply to your posts ? I have other things to do in my life kiddo.

What he said was pure fanboy fantasy. I already said that. He is gafs MrXmedia. All the Sony fanboys keep harping on about Microsoft marketing, you here you are defending him for parroting Sony speak.

Fanboys gonna fanboy I suppose

i had to wait hours for you to get a reply, due to you making up shit about another user, so i thought i would give you a friendly reminder to post, remember Don't post stuff about people if you cant back it up.....

I get your upset about xbox but of late it seems to many people like you make an absurd comment then when asked for the tickets you go all silent mode and try and change the subject.

Hopefully you will stop this now, but like other users have said, they seriously doubt it too.

Have a good day now :messenger_grinning:

sircaw

Banned
I light a candle for people like you everyday, i guess console wars is the only attention you have going for you.

Lights two candles for you, life is good thank you.

don't forget to criticise xbox fans too, not just the sony ones.

Have a good day.

Humdinger

What's the score now? I think we've had 7 (?) cross-gen titles to compare.

I think 4 of them have shown a signficant though minor advantage for PS5, and the other 3 have basically been a draw. None have shown an advantage for the XSX.

Am I getting that right?

sircaw

Banned
What's the score now? I think we've had 7 (?) cross-gen titles to compare.

I think 4 of them have shown a signficant though minor advantage for PS5, and the other 3 have basically been a draw. None have shown an advantage for the XSX.

Am I getting that right?

Those games don't count, we only start keeping score from when Microsoft wins one.

It's coming, Soonish. "lollipop_disappointed:

JackMcGunns

In performance mode ps5 shadow is perfect as mentioned by vgtech only in quality mode its bugged. So won't affect the performance. No xsx is producing 30% lower pixel per frame. Whether we see it or not is not the point .

30% really? These are the kind of posts that turn these analysis discussions toxic.

I understand you're a huge PS5 fan, but there's no need to inflate the difference by insinuating that it runs 30% lower all the time when it could've dropped from a mere hiccup or a bug in the code for the given section.

Drops in resolution below 3840x2160 on Xbox Series X in Quality Mode seem to be uncommon.

So the game is running 3840x2160 pretty much all the time on XSX. He said drops are uncommon, and the lowest recorded frame of those uncommon drops is what you're suggesting the XSX is running 100% of the time... GOT IT, not toxic at all.

onQ123

I'll leave this here

Before this thread get locked I'll just like to say that any game that is running better on Xbox Series X than PS5 right now should be investigated for missing effects & lower resolutions.

Good Night sleep tight & don't let the Bugsnax bite

Md Ray

I'll leave this here

You sony warriors are getting on my nerves. :messenger_loudly_crying: Why don't you understand? 12>9.

Tools. That's it.

6628979_thumb.png

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

PS5 is BEAST

XSX is a beast in every technical category outside of SSD speed I think. The slight drop in performance may be due to the fact the developers have only had the XSX kits since early summer. Overall both systems are powerful, just do go thinking PS5 will out-beast the XSX. Give it time.

JackMcGunns

Damn, worse resolution, worse fps, and not even with the same graphics? This looks like baked shadows on XSX.

4I1WvQg.gif

You do understand what baked shadows are, correct? Now look at the direction of her shadow on the floor which would indicate the direction of the main light source, coming from just to the right of the character making a shadow to her left. Now looking at the shadows from her armor would indicate that the light source is coming from the left side, not the right, so baked shadows, probably the case for both platforms.

Baked shadows vs real-time shadows :goog_unsure: Keep these investigations coming lol.

Last edited:

Md Ray

XSX is a beast in every technical category outside of SSD speed I think. The slight drop in performance may be due to the fact the developers have only had the XSX kits since early summer. Overall both systems are powerful, just do go thinking PS5 will out-beast the XSX. Give it time.
Nope. There are differences in the GPU itself. You probably looked at TF numbers and called it a day. Dig deeper and you'll find that PS5 GPU's pixel fillrate, triangle rasterization, triangle culling rate, caches to name a few are all 22% faster than XSX GPU and explains why PS5 outperforms XSX.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
4I1WvQg.gif

You do understand what baked shadows are, correct? Now look at the direction of her shadow on the floor which would indicate the direction of the main light source, coming from just to the right of the character making a shadow to her left. Now looking at the shadows from her armor would indicate that the light source is coming from the left side, not the right, so baked shadows, probably the case for both platforms.

Baked shadows vs real-time shadows :goog_unsure: Keep these investigations coming lol.

You seem to have a simplistic idea of how shadows work, with all due respect. Have you seen shadows in real life? You can have different shadows from different light sources. Her ground shadow is produced by the moon, her pants or whatever that is is casting a shadow from the torch on the left facing here (not the one on the back of course). Xbox have that fixed shadow from the moon, no dynamic shadow from the torch. You see the torch from the reflection of here metallic parts.

JackMcGunns

You seem to have a simplistic idea of how shadows work, with all due respect. Have you seen shadows in real life? You can have different shadows from different light sources. Her ground shadow is produced by the moon, her pants or whatever that is is casting a shadow from the torch on the left facing here (not the one on the back of course). Xbox have that fixed shadow from the moon, no dynamic shadow from the torch. You see the torch from the reflection of here metallic parts.

In a game setting it is much more simplistic than real life, unless you're using path tracing. All I'm saying is that they're either both using real-time shadows or baked shadows, I doubt they'll be making massive engine adjustments like that between the two. The difference comes down to artists working on different platforms, one doesn't just make a carbon copy.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
In a game setting it is much more simplistic than real life, unless you're using path tracing.

No, not everything is path-tracing or even raytracing. Dynamic shadows are done without raytracing, and it's still needs more computation vs no shadows on XSX.

It's ok to say: "Thank you, Bo, for enlightening me".:lollipop_smirking:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rea

JackMcGunns

No, not everything is path-tracing or even raytracing. Dynamic shadows are done without raytracing, and it's still needs more computation vs no shadows on XSX.

It's ok to say: "Thank you, Bo, for enlightening me".:lollipop_smirking:

Wasn't trying to enlighten you any more than you were trying to enlighten me lol :messenger_winking_tongue:

Fun times ahead, lets see where this goes.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Wasn't trying to enlighten you any more than you were trying to enlighten me lol :messenger_winking_tongue:

Fun times ahead, lets see where this goes.

The game looks nice, but I'm fully occupied by Watch Dog's Legions. Funny game with good story and gameplay, very addictive and I really think they made a wonderful job there. RT is shitty but at the end the overall graphics is ok. I just bought the season pass yesterday, it's that good ;) Just don't take it seriously and have fun!

Immortal: Fenyx Rising + AC Valhalla next.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Nope. There are differences in the GPU itself. You probably looked at TF numbers and called it a day. Dig deeper and you'll find that PS5 GPU's pixel fillrate, triangle rasterization, triangle culling rate, caches to name a few are all 22% faster than XSX GPU and explains why PS5 outperforms XSX.
But does the PS5 have Blast Processing? I thought not.

Leyasu

Banned
i had to wait hours for you to get a reply, due to you making up shit about another user, so i thought i would give you a friendly reminder to post, remember Don't post stuff about people if you cant back it up.....

I get your upset about xbox but of late it seems to many people like you make an absurd comment then when asked for the tickets you go all silent mode and try and change the subject.

Hopefully you will stop this now, but like other users have said, they seriously doubt it too.

Have a good day now :messenger_grinning:
This post right here sums up everything wrong with this forum at minute.

You and the last word are just the owners of gafs very own mrxmedia and mrcteam titles. Running writing nonsense and getting likes from other fanboys doesn’t change anything

sircaw

Banned
This post right here sums up everything wrong with this forum at minute.

You and the last word are just the owners of gafs very own mrxmedia and mrcteam titles. Running writing nonsense and getting likes from other fanboys doesn’t change anything

go and hide again and avoid your comments. tired of playing with cowards that accuse other members of something then refuse to back it up.

You just like the usual trolls on this forum, talk shit then when asked to show tickets or explain your self you go afk, only to come back spouting nonsense that is far from the actual topic you were asked to comment on.

I know your game, seen it a hundred times, be gone pest. Go back to your safe space.

I am done with you.

Leyasu

Banned
go and hide again and avoid your comments. tired of playing with cowards that accuse other members of something then refuse to back it up.

You just like the usual trolls on this forum, talk shit then when asked to show tickets or explain your self you go afk, only to come back spouting nonsense that is far from the actual topic you were asked to comment on.

I know your game, seen it a hundred times, be gone pest. Go back to your safe space.

I am done with you.
Read all of my posts in this thread kiddo. I have stated plenty what I think. You know, I am Europe which has a different timesone to the US, and I have a life away from warrioring on gaf for my favourite toy.

sircaw

Banned
Read all of my posts in this thread kiddo. I have stated plenty what I think. You know, I am Europe which has a different timesone to the US, and I have a life away from warrioring on gaf for my favourite toy.

What the hell are you talking about, you continued making posts after i asked you the question, DOH, go check the replies, i asked you a question, you deflected, i asked you again then you replied to another question later on. Stop with the lies its got nothing to do with timezones lol.

Are you actually thinking when you make these threads?

ITs simple, don't call people out on this forums with rubbish and then go and hide when you are asked to explain why that person is "lying or a Fanboy".

Just cos you don't like something does not make it a fact.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It would be easy to prove. Post a screenshot where the armor shadow is going a different direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom