• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] GreedFall PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Comparison

nekrik

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

for ps5

The constant screen tearing in one scene at the bottom (PS5) is very likely done on purpose by the developer in order to gain some performance there. Metro devs had done the same thing on PS4 Metro redux.

It's some kind of archaic DRS using screen tearing.

Last edited:

Md Ray

I don't see how this could be an issue with PS5 "struggling" when I'm seeing tearing in the exact same position on the bottom of the screen that VG Tech references when moving around on the world map. I mean....the world map is just a static image with position icons and it has screen tearing? Nah.....this has got to be a Vsync problem like you said.
The constant screen tearing in one scene at the bottom (PS5) is very likely done on purpose by the developer in order to gain some performance there. Metro devs had done the same thing on PS4 Metro redux.

It's some kind of archaic DRS using screen tearing.
Looks like a Vsync bug to me, the tearing occurs randomly there at the bottom but if you look at the frame rate counter, it's locked 60fps.
EDIT: from 7:08 onwards.

Hence the "PS5 has more tearing than Series S" according to the stats. But tearing accompanied with framerate drops is actually happening on the Series S, a lot more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom