• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very special announcements coming up for the Square Enix E3 2019 Live Conference. Final Fantasy VII Remake + Final Fantasy XVI and Nier 3? Hype.

D.Final

Banned
New clues for new announcements overlook Square Enix's E3 2019 conference.

Some big announcements are coming for E3 :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

HYPE over 9999

KQu6c3s.gif

SAMZ

Shame it's at 2am where I am. Should be an amazing show.

D.Final D.Final
How many SE threads do you post in at the same time or bump? Can there not be one thread? Are you secrety a SE employee hired to drive the hype train?

JKJK
Please continue to be excited

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I wonder if it will be an actual show this year or just another pre-recorded sizzle reel like last year.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I may be in the minority but I’m hoping FF XVI is nothing like Agni’s Philosophy whatsoever.

It reminds me way too much of all the realistic, joyless Disney remakes and young adult novel adaptations. I hate that style.

Final Fantasy should have some fun and whimsical moments, not be afraid to do some things that are goofy and unrealistic.

Dabaus

Banned
I just want to say I hope square saves these announcements for their own show and not at Xbox's show. Its disappointing seeing Japanese companies try to curry favor with a platform and audience that makes up less than 10 percent of all their sales.

D.Final

Banned
I wonder if it will be an actual show this year or just another pre-recorded sizzle reel like last year.

I believe that, in the end, it will be a real Live conference (like the classic ones by Sony and Microsoft).

The alternative would be like a simple Nintendo Direct.

(I would prefer, personally, that it was a classic conference like those of Sony and Microsoft E3)

But the important thing in the end is always the games to show and announce.

The following are already confirmed:

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Marvel Avengers
Outriderd
Dying light 2

+ those probably present as for example:

Kingdom Hearts 3 Remind - DLC
Dragon Quest XI S
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Babylon's Fall
Collection of Mana

+ new possible announcements:
(among which there are also some of these games present in recently circulated rumors / leaks)

Silent Hill Remake
Legacy of Kain Remake
Nier 3
DeusEx 3
Sleeping Dogs 2
Final Fantasy XVI

Im probably in the minority but id rather get more info on FF16 than FF7 remake. I need a fresh fix after FF15.
You're not alone. I grew tired of Final Fantasy XV and we already know to expect Final Fantasy VII Remake so all that's really left to announce is Final Fantasy XVI.
Just give me more Deus Ex. I don't care if you just give us Human Revolution on current gen.
Give me something.
Deus Ex remake, or a prequel set closer to the events of the first game, would be nice.

+ new possible announcements:
(among which there are also some of these games present in recently circulated rumors / leaks)

DeusEx 3
Sleeping Dogs 2
1. It's not Deus Ex 3. Deus Ex 3 is Human Revolution. Mankind Divided is Deus Ex 4.
2. How is Sleeping Dogs 2 a possibility? As much as I loved the original, I don't think you should get people hyped for something that is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I hope FFXVI, whatever it is, takes things from what made previous entries great. The charm, the art design, the color, the detail. In recent FFs they’ve failed to make their worlds interesting and bring them to life. Bigger isn’t necessarily better if they’re bland.

When I played VII, VIII, IX and even older FFs, those worlds were begging to be immersed in and explored. With the XIII trilogy I couldn’t care less. I was even disappointed by the world in XII, though I adored the battle system so I liked the game ultimately.

I have a feeling XVI will be another MMORPG. Just a gut feeling because with all the work they’re putting into VII remake, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had one single player title and one multi in the works to put out there in tandem.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
You're not alone. I grew tired of Final Fantasy XV and we already know to expect Final Fantasy VII Remake so all that's really left to announce is Final Fantasy XVI.

Deus Ex remake, or a prequel set closer to the events of the first game, would be nice.

1. It's not Deus Ex 3. Deus Ex 3 is Human Revolution. Mankind Divided is Deus Ex 4.
2. How is Sleeping Dogs 2 a possibility? As much as I loved the original, I don't think you should get people hyped for something that is unlikely to happen.

I also put Sleeping Dogs 2 in the list because, technically, the game can still be there.
And it can be realized.

The rights are still of Square Enix.
And even if the mini team that took care of the first Sleeping Dogs (United Front Games) is no longer there, this does not mean that Square Enix can give this task to a new team.

I hope FFXVI, whatever it is, takes things from what made previous entries great. The charm, the art design, the color, the detail. In recent FFs they’ve failed to make their worlds interesting and bring them to life. Bigger isn’t necessarily better if they’re bland.

When I played VII, VIII, IX and even older FFs, those worlds were begging to be immersed in and explored. With the XIII trilogy I couldn’t care less. I was even disappointed by the world in XII, though I adored the battle system so I liked the game ultimately.

I have a feeling XVI will be another MMORPG. Just a gut feeling because with all the work they’re putting into VII remake, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had one single player title and one multi in the works to put out there in tandem.

In reality it is much more likely that Final Fantasy XVI is a Final Fantasy single player offline.
For the simple reason that support for Final Fantasy XIV is still very active.
(and will surely last even for the next generation of consoles as a minimum)

Furthermore, as a fan of the Final Fantasy saga, I can say with certainty that all the latest, and most recent, Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are both great and excellent Final Fantasy.
With plot, gameplay and lore really beautiful and interesting.

Vawn

Banned

Nah, not yet. FFXIV is still going too strong to move on. Hell, FFXI is still going and I can't see them doing three FF MMOs at once.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hyped for Dying Light 2 with a new gameplay trailer and expected release date (my guess is January 2020) and the gameplay debut for Babylon's Fall from Platinum Games. Anything else will be a bonus for me.

Myths

Matsuno and Ito, very much wanted, very much needed. Bring me something with castles and moats, a St. Basil replica like the good old days. L

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Been waiting years for:

Chrono Break
FFVI and FFV remakes on portable
Parasite Eve Reboot

If not one of them, I probably don’t care about more FF7r news.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nah, not yet. FFXIV is still going too strong to move on. Hell, FFXI is still going and I can't see them doing three FF MMOs at once.
Probably right. I still would doubt FFXVI would be revealed, it seems like a lot for them to be working on VII Remake and another mothership FF title at the same time, but maybe they'll surprise.

Kagey K

Banned
Odds are whatever they announce will be either coming out very soon, or might be completed just after you die.

I don’t understand why Square is so slow compared to other developers this gen.

This just popped in my head; since FF7 R will be episodic content right, are we going to get physical release or is this digital only until all 3? episodes are out.

Top Bottom