• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle slams police car in Paris, treated as terror attack

nynt9

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e74cae-54ff-11e7-840b-512026319da7_story.html

Situation is still developing.

PARIS — A car exploded as it crashed into a police vehicle on Paris’s famed Champs-Elysees on Monday in what authorities called a probable terrorist attack.

Police were treating the incident as a deliberate act, and the Paris prosecutor opened a terrorism investigation.

The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed in the crash, Gerard Collomb, France’s interior minister, told reporters at the scene. No one else was injured, Paris police sources said.

Police said the attacker — who was 31 and from the northwestern Paris suburb of Argenteuil — was known to French authorities, the Associated Press reported. He was reportedly listed on the government’s “Fiche S,” a dossier of people suspected of posing a threat to national security.

“Once again, French security forces were targeted with this attempted attack on the Champs-Elysees,” Collomb said. He added that “a number of weapons, explosives to blow up this car” were discovered at the scene.

Lock if old.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The driver, whose identity was not immediately released, was killed in the crash, Gerard Collomb, France’s interior minister, told reporters at the scene. No one else was injured, Paris police sources said.

The best outcome. Fuck these people.

Ehh, I find it kind of funny you only mention how it "slammed" into the police car when it exploding seems be the bigger deal

Glad no one else was hurt

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Oh no. That's so sad. Said no one ever.

Tiberius

Exploded as in car bomb?
No explosion there was a fire
DCsu_nIXgAAoiXl.jpg

fANDvFY_

_Ryo_

It's good that the only person that the terrorist killed is himself. It is unfortunate he will never be brought to justice though.

I guess that's a silver lining to their agressive crowdsourcing: some of these guys are some really inept motherfuckers.

The frequency and potential lethality of these attacks is still really depressing though.

Breakage

Ramadan ends on the 24th doesn't it? These guys are prolly gonna go all out with their attempts. I'll be surprised if we make it to the end of the week without​ a major incident in Europe.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No innocents dead, one less worthless scum on the planet. Not bad.

(Still terrible that he probably was planning something much worse, of course.)

I assume it may depend on the type of gas bottles he had. Someone with a more scientific mind may not what that colour of smoke could represent?

My inner, amateur chemist wagers ammonia. The sort of thing that wouldn't be hard to find in fertilisers, easily available for homebrew bomber.

But yeah, poorly made explosives that seem to have really not have much range beyond the car itself. Glad no-one (but the attacker) got hurt though.

Jag

This could have ended very badly. It's too easy to do shit like this when people are willing to die for their cause.

My inner, amateur chemist wagers ammonia. The sort of thing that wouldn't be hard to find in fertilisers, easily available for homebrew bomber.

But yeah, poorly made explosives that seem to have really not have much range beyond the car itself. Glad no-one (but the attacker) got hurt though.

Reminds me of about a decade ago when two guys who rammed Glasgow Airport with their own homemade car bomb, but only succeeded in setting themselves on fire.

Oh, and a baggage handler became a celebrity for quite literally kicking one of these guys on the ground... While they were on fire.

Pandy

Reminds me of about a decade ago when two guys who rammed Glasgow Airport with their own homemade car bomb, but only succeeded in setting themselves on fire.

Oh, and a baggage handler became a celebrity for quite literally kicking one of these guys on the ground... While they were on fire.
You're seriously going to post that story without adding the Daily Record cover?

page.jpg

Top Bottom