• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ryan Gosling Will Star In Universal’s The Wolfman Reboot

VulcanRaven

Ryan Gosling’s ‘Wolfman’ Gears Up at Universal as Director Decision Nears (EXCLUSIVE):

Months after Universal successfully relaunched its monster universe with Elisabeth Moss’s “The Invisible Man,” the studio is pushing ahead for “Wolfman” — which is being developed as a starring vehicle for Ryan Gosling — to be the next movie based on its catalog of iconic creatures.

Sources tell Variety that executives at Universal have been meeting with directors over the past month and could be making a decision soon on who will take the reins behind the camera. While there is no frontrunner at the time, Cory Finley, who recently received rave reviews for directing HBO’s drama “Bad Education” with Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney, is said to be in the mix for the job.

Universal and CAA had no comment.

It’s unknown what the new take on “Wolfman” will look like, though it is believed to be set in present times and in the vein of Jake Gyllenhaal’s thriller “Nightcrawler,” with an obvious supernatural twist.

Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo, who wrote for Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black,” penned the script, which is based on an original pitch by Goslin.

I'm a big fan of The Wolf Man (1941) so I'm excited for this. I'm glad that Universal is remaking these. The Invisible Man was great.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Didn't liked The Invisible Man, but I liked the Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro. Whats happening with the connected universe ?
Anyway I'm a big fan of werewolf movies so yeah, can't wait !

The Invisible Man was incredible. Hopefully this delivers.

After the failures of Dracula Untold and The Mummy I hope they go 2/2 with this and Invisible Man and really kick start their monster universe.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hang on, they are gonna use an actor famous for deadpan delivery and stunning good looks and then cover him in make-up and make him act like a dog?

VulcanRaven

Didn't liked The Invisible Man, but I liked the Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro. Whats happening with the connected universe ?
Anyway I'm a big fan of werewolf movies so yeah, can't wait !
These new movies might not be connected:

I liked the 2010 Wolf Man too. It could have been a lot better but I liked that they didn't use too much cgi. The Wolf Man was very well done:
vlcsnap-2014-06-08-16h03m20s77.png

Last edited:

plushyp

Did the studio give Ryan a night call to tell him how they feel? Then did Ryan drive himself through the night, down the hills?

Top Bottom