• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 not launching in 2021, HardSuit labs replaced as the lead developer

Umbasaborne

Banned
What little interest I had in the game has left the building. I can't think of a game with such a messy development that ended up being a great game. They always look the part.
I wonder what will underwhelm more, this, dying light 2, or dead island 2. Man with cyberpunk ad well, wtf is going on with polish game studios?

CGiRanger

Banned
I mean. As far as this game coming out goes, it's grim. Another game in a slightly similar position is of course Metroid Prime 4. That started out at another studio at first, then Nintendo pulled the plug and put it back in Retro Studios hands. But in any case we've not seen a thing out of it.

As a reminder, MP4 was announced about 4 years ago at E3 2017. It was in Jan 2019 that it was announced it was heading back to Retro.

So yeah, I doubt we'll hear anything about VPTM2 for a long time, if at all.

Kamina

Golden Boy
More RUDI-related quality content:

qIHyYgc.png
Wokepire the Masquerade

Not against an antifa/queer group of vampires per se, but this is 14-year old kid writing level. Embarassing.
Yeah, reads like something from fanfiction.net

Braag

I was so incredibly hyped for this when it was first announced. A sequel to one of my all time favorite RPG. Shame it all turned out like this.

tsumake

That snippet from Rudi is godawful. It would be mediocre boilerplate if it weren’t so pandering.

We are getting all these mediocre at best writers simply because they are right thinking. They don’t have any life experience because they look at everything from an immature lens. It’s infantilizing the culture.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The case perfectly illustrates why woke game development is set to fail. It may be done with good intentions but it introduces so many additional boxes (diversity in the game itself, diversity in the dev team etc.) that have to be ticket already, the risk of everything crumbling under it just goes through the roof. No wonder we've seen these cases so often lately, especially with US dev teams where this topic is most severe.

Teslerum

Embellishments? He literally said in the screenshot "I AM SO SORRY! I owe you like a hundred million apologies". Yeah, he knew what he'd done was unacceptable and that's no exaggeration.

Yet another one unable to disagree without being smug and condescending. Reminds me of resetera.

What are you even talking about?

The only thing you are displaying here is your own ignorance. Because if you actually paid attention and looked for context your *SEE, HE'S APOLOGIZING* argument vanishes in the blink of an eye. Because you know for what he was apologizing there?

The bad relationship he had with his ex. That's it. He doesn't admit shit about the actual allegations other than being a shitty boyfriend at the time. Of course this was ripped out of context and twisted into him admitting something that he didn't do, but that's far from the truth and anyone following that conversation could see it.

And if being a shitty boyfriend is enough to ruin your entire life, we may as well cancel everybody in the world.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Embellishments? He literally said in the screenshot "I AM SO SORRY! I owe you like a hundred million apologies". Yeah, he knew what he'd done was unacceptable and that's no exaggeration.

Yet another one unable to disagree without being smug and condescending. Reminds me of resetera.

Nah, the only thing that reminds folks of ResetEra is your pathetic need to demean the man and prove he was in the wrong.

What are you even talking about?

The only thing you are displaying here is your own ignorance. Because if you actually paid attention and looked for context your *SEE, HE'S APOLOGIZING* argument vanishes in the blink of an eye. Because you know for what he was apologizing there?

The bad relationship he had with his ex. That's it. He doesn't admit shit about the actual allegations other than being a shitty boyfriend at the time. Of course this was ripped out of context and twisted into him admitting something that he didn't do, but that's far from the truth and anyone following that conversation could see it.
You're the one not paying attention. The screenshot we're referring to is the Jacqui Collins one. He never dated her. He texted an apology to her some hours after sending a very explicit text message to her describing himself performing sex acts on her, in 2014.

Reminds me of someone I watch called Hashinshin

Basically guy gets accused of grooming underage children and sexually harassing them. Gets mobbed by twitter, falls into depression and mistakenly apologizes just make them stop harassing him. He got called out by multiple people in the same industry and ruined his reputation.

Turns out the accusations weren’t true. His girlfriend at the time pushed him to it with forged evidences and other unlawful stuff. How did we know the accusations weren’t true? The FBI stepped in, investigated everything and cleared him of his charges. Unfortunately he’s still banned on twitch and there are still people accusing him and refusing to play and or tank games when he’s on their team despite being proven innocent.

UNLESS THERE IS SOLID UNDENIABLE PROOF, APOLOGIES MEAN NOTHING.

I wasn't using the apology in the screenshot as evidence he did what he was accused of. It was in response to the claim that Jacqui was flirtatious on twitter, said she was dtf about 50% of her friends, and was in an open relationship, so how was anyone to know that 'putting an offer out there' was inappropriate. My response was that it's evident he did know that what he had said was inappropriate because he told her at the time (in 2014) "I AM SO SORRY! I owe you like a hundred million apologies". He knew her, what she was like, and knew it was inappropriate. Quite frankly, it'd be an inappropriate message to send even to someone you matched with on Tinder. And according to element here who is apparently in the games industry, she wasn't the only one who got texts like that: he said he has "heard from others they have gotten similar type messages at industry events". So it's not her fault.

Don't disregard context when making the comparison either. Hashinshin stated immediately that he had no memory of the conversations shown in screenshots, but apologized because he knew that during that time period, a gas leak had caused large gaps in his memory. He couldn't contradict the accusations at the time because he had large memory gaps, so he apologized. These are not the circumstances here.

By the way, I do find it curious you state that we know the FBI investigated him and cleared him of charges. We only have his word for it and a screenshot from him with the FOIPA number blocked out so it can't be looked up to verify. I don't say that because I think he's lying and he photoshopped it, but if you're suggesting that all screenshots should be disregarded and not considered solid proof, I do wonder why you accept his screenshots as solid undeniable proof.

Last edited:
I mean. As far as this game coming out goes, it's grim. Another game in a slightly similar position is of course Metroid Prime 4. That started out at another studio at first, then Nintendo pulled the plug and put it back in Retro Studios hands. But in any case we've not seen a thing out of it.

As a reminder, MP4 was announced about 4 years ago at E3 2017. It was in Jan 2019 that it was announced it was heading back to Retro.

So yeah, I doubt we'll hear anything about VPTM2 for a long time, if at all.

Is Retro a good studio?

You're the one not paying attention. The screenshot we're referring to is the Jacqui Collins one. He never dated her. He texted an apology to her some hours after sending a very explicit text message to her describing himself performing sex acts on her, in 2014.

I wasn't using the apology in the screenshot as evidence he did what he was accused of. It was in response to the claim that Jacqui was flirtatious on twitter, said she was dtf about 50% of her friends, and was in an open relationship, so how was anyone to know that 'putting an offer out there' was inappropriate. My response was that it's evident he did know that what he had said was inappropriate because he told her at the time (in 2014) "I AM SO SORRY! I owe you like a hundred million apologies". He knew her, what she was like, and knew it was inappropriate. Quite frankly, it'd be an inappropriate message to send even to someone you matched with on Tinder. And according to element here who is apparently in the games industry, she wasn't the only one who got texts like that: he said he has "heard from others they have gotten similar type messages at industry events". So it's not her fault.

I don't see how sending a text to a flirty friend of several years not even in the industry warranted the response it got, but that's cancel culture for you.

1. The fact she held on to it and chose so many years later to share it and post it when the social currency for it might run out speaks more to her character.

2. The fact she works at Riot suggests she's more about the paycheck than being a champion for company culture. The fact she apparently hid her opinions on Avellone from even her friends (Fausti) also suggests some weirdness there, but she's clearly not a champion of anything.

3. I'd also point out what she did after: There were other industry individuals that have alleged to have done far worse (rape) that she has defended (Escoblades). That relationship based on networking feels false and manipulative for personal networking gain.

To this date, she has never spoken out against Escoblades in any way, shape, or form despite their relationship - not even offering support to the victims. Strange. In fact, when challenged on this publicly, her response was "I want to process this privately, but let me burn someone who sent me a text." The magnitude of allegations between the two are insanely different, but her response to each speaks to her character as well.

BUT:

Don't get me wrong: I don't want Avellone licking my pussy either, but her behavior in this case is Clout Chasing at its finest. It's fine if she's offended, but then don't accept the apology in the first place, cut them out of your life... which she didn't.

In fact, she kept being friends, kept up the flirtations, so whatever. I don't have respect for either individual, but I do think putting any personal interactions between friends or exs on public blast is suspicious... unless you are driven by Likes.

I've scrolled through her Twitter feed out of morbid curiosity (fuck Twitter) and concluded they're both pretty gross. You won't convince me of much, but I would hesitate before raising the flag of Defending Innocent Women Who Are Babes In the Woods In This Evil World when neither of them seem innocent and your take diminishes and disrespects women in general.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
By the way, I do find it curious you state that we know the FBI investigated him and cleared him of charges. We only have his word for it and a screenshot from him with the FOIPA number blocked out so it can't be looked up to verify. I don't say that because I think he's lying and he photoshopped it, but if you're suggesting that all screenshots should be disregarded and not considered solid proof, I do wonder why you accept his screenshots as solid undeniable proof.
I’m not American so I dunno how I’ll look up that FOIPA number but isn’t it this?

I’m not American so I dunno how I’ll look up that FOIPA number but isn’t it this?

Yeah that's exactly the screenshot I'm referring to. As you can see, he blocked out the FOIPA number (the second black box). Therefore, it can't be looked up. What he is attempting to demonstrate with that screenshot is that the FBI is acknowledging a freedom-of-information/privacy-act (foipa) request and has assigned it a reference number, and that they will respond to it at a later date.

Top Bottom