• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 not launching in 2021, HardSuit labs replaced as the lead developer

Kamina

Golden Boy
395362.jpg

MadYarpen

Despite everything, I was still looking forward to this. 1st one was just so good.

Not anymore.

About a re-release of the 1st one, this would have to be a proper remake, from the ground up. I would pay the full price for this though.

element

Rarely I wish the worst to a project but after the unproved accusations toward avellone just to steal his workplace and the firing of mitsoda I hope this project crash , burn and the former developer go fuck themselves with their performative wokeness .
Avellone was a contractor on the game and there was enough corroborated stories that his behavior was not appropriate.

Christ. What a fucking mess. One of my most wanted games, and I thought the trailer at the Microsoft show last spring looked great. Apparently not so much behind the scenes.

Sure, I'm rooting for this to still come out and be a good game despite all of the bad signs, but my expectations are now extremely low.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Just imagine how big of an undertaking this would be considering everything in Bloodlines 1 is being hold by ductape so that it doesn't completely fall apart. I don't think the game would be even playable on modern hardware without the unofficial patch.
Yeah but almost all of the work has already been done and that guy is still working on it to this day.

xrnzaaas

So he’s not allowed to make a living anymore?
Once the cancellation process begins your life in the industry is ruined. And who knows how long this clown world will last... 5-10 years?

This isn't a good meme for the situation. Hardsuit Labs are the original devs of the sequel and their actions led to this project becoming a catastrophe. It's not like they've taken over someone else's work.

Yeah but almost all of the work has already been done and that guy is still working on it to this day.

I was commenting on this from a legal standpoint. Could his work work be included in the re-release and considered official patches?

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Looked like shit anyway. The shit visuals reminded me of when I used to run Doom 3 on my shit old PC and the lowest settings would just look like smudges on the screen.

Kuranghi

Hmmm, it doesn't take Batman to realise there is probably a larger story going on behind the scenes here, the whole exit of the creative director was really weird.

Andodalf

Banned
This game will never come out, but in 10 years Arkane will make a great game that's a spiritual successor which is named as if it's the first game

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Is it bad that I so want Jason Schreier to cover this story and just give is the juicy details?

I feel like I'd make an exception to this.
That'll only happen if he can spin it to somehow blame gamers, crunch or another narrative he wants to push at the moment.
If it's "just" a story of mismanagement (especially by his clique) - I wouldn't count on that.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
I was commenting on this from a legal standpoint. Could his work work be included in the re-release and considered official patches?
They pretty much did that for the GOG release. But honestly no, they'd probsbly officially pretend that the unofficial patch doesn't exist.

CitizenZ

Banned
I still dont understand how an industry ignored Vampire type games(thank god a few incoming) when they were everywhere during 2010s with movies and TV dominanting entertainment. Clueless as always.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If they’re switching developers entirely then I hope they avoid the sink cost fallacy and just start back over from scratch. I don’t think many great games have their roots in the corpse of a game stuck in development hell made by another company.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
On the day of announcement I was hyped but with every following piece of news on it things just got worse.

Shape up otherwise I have the original.

cj_iwakura

It's a crying shame, everything from the initial reveal looked great. The characters, the aesthetics, the story...

At least we got two great VNs out of V:TM(Shadows and Coteries of NY).

Amaranty

Once the cancellation process begins your life in the industry is ruined. And who knows how long this clown world will last... 5-10 years?

This isn't a good meme for the situation. Hardsuit Labs are the original devs of the sequel and their actions led to this project becoming a catastrophe. It's not like they've taken over someone else's work.

My bad. I completely misread the tweet.

Kuranghi

I really really hope its not that they decided everything about it is "problematic" and they've sent it to another studio to fumigate it of all its character. There was that bit about "mental health and malkavians" someone mentioned above.

*hour long sigh*

lefty1117

Gold Member
Paradox does all those good strategy games right? Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis ... they also published Empire of Sin which has not been well received, and now this. I guess their forays outside of the strategy game lane aren't going so well.

Top Bottom