• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Survivors |OT| There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark

MadPanda

Banned
How to survive last 30 mins mark? Is that even possible? I die no matter what. Had 6 Evo weapons, everything maxed 3 or 4 revives and died after soon 30 mins.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Yay, completed it. 1200/1200. I'm kind of happy I can delete it now as it really fucked up my responsibilities as an adult.
GIF by ProdigalSonFox

draliko

Yay, completed it. 1200/1200. I'm kind of happy I can delete it now as it really fucked up my responsibilities as an adult.
Don't, there's a patch a month with new items and trophies 😅😁 (at least was like this on pc before version 1.0)

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
New update, includes 2 new achievements:

New Content
- 2 Extra Achievements
- 1 new Power Up
- 1 new Challenge Stage
- 1 new Secret ⚡

Tweaks
- Improved loading times of the pause menu

New Unlocks info (spoilers?)

Tiny Bridge Challenge stage:
- Obtain by reaching Level 80 in Inverse Gallo Tower

Seal PowerUp:
- 10 ranks
- base price: 10.000
- Obtain by banishing 10 or more items in a single run.
- Allows to Banish an item from level up choices, or a pickup from light sources. Use in COLLECTION menu.

When Sealing a weapon, it will be automatically added to the list of banished weapons at the start of a run. When Sealing an item, the item will not be removed from the loot table, but will turn into a Gold Coin instead, which means this does not affect standard drop rates.
___
Also, sorry for the extra achievements ruining your completion rate, most players seem to be in favor of having them so I took the opportunity to add more. The best I could come up with to make them feel less of a "must have" is to tag them as EXTRA achievements.

raduque

Anybody know how to transfer save between Game Pass and Steam? Got a ton of unlocks by accident, restarted on steam for achievements, but it hurts starting over.

SJRB

Gold Member
As soon as I reach level 20 on the first map I get my ass kicked. Every single time. The giant skeleton swarm is literally impossible to break through.

What are the best powerups to focus on first?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Anybody know how to transfer save between Game Pass and Steam? Got a ton of unlocks by accident, restarted on steam for achievements, but it hurts starting over.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
As soon as I reach level 20 on the first map I get my ass kicked. Every single time. The giant skeleton swarm is literally impossible to break through.

What are the best powerups to focus on first?
It depends on your play style. I think most of them are worth upgrading. Avoid curse until you're end-game. You can refund your purchases without penalty, so experiment with the different upgrades. Revives can help a lot through pretty much every point in the game. Duplicator becomes mandatory at a certain point.

For first map, garlic is your best bet to get to the boss. Once you beat it, the next level will unlock.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Unlocked the two new achievements. Seal is incredibly OP.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Tips on killing the reaper? I made 33 minutes and that man still wouldn’t die. Did evolve water, Bible and wand

Dunno if it's tips but..

Basically got +movement, black bird, wand, blood whip, health restore, cherry bombs, axes, duplicator, knives... Maybe something else ...

And I just ran south letting it chase me but running away from the beams with ease and letting the wand, bird, and axes do their do their job and any damage healed up fast.

Bwesh

Garlic and Bible are the best weapons if you're still new to the game. Make sure to get the amount powerup as early as you can to basically double your damage right from the start.

Antonio, Genarro, and Mortacio should be able to finish any stage for you until you find others you personally like.

Orbital2060

I had the wildest run so far, reaching lvl 80 in the Inlaid Library. Maxed out the skills at 22 minutes or so and from there only got the two big coin bag and +30 health chicken up to 30 minutes where Death appeared and sat on my face. Game Over.

Are you supposed to be able to kill Death as well or is it meant to be insta-death at 30 minutes?

Bwesh

I had the wildest run so far, reaching lvl 80 in the Inlaid Library. Maxed out the skills at 22 minutes or so and from there only got the two big coin bag and +30 health chicken up to 30 minutes where Death appeared and sat on my face. Game Over.

Are you supposed to be able to kill Death as well or is it meant to be insta-death at 30 minutes?
supposed to die at 30 or 15 depending on the stage. thats the run. there will be an endless mode you can unlock later

Last edited:

Orbital2060

supposed to die at 30 or 15 depending on the stage. thats the run. there will be an endless mode you can unlock later
Thanks. I thought maybe there was a window to react to Death appearing and keep going.

Evoed the whip and axe on this run which was accidental but seemed to be a great combination.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Tips on killing the reaper? I made 33 minutes and that man still wouldn’t die. Did evolve water, Bible and wand

Evolved lancet & laurel. There is an arcana you unlock that will make getting the evolve accessories really easy.

What is Hololive?

HoloLive is a japanese idol agency that creates groups of Virtual Youtubers and is owned by the company Cover. There are various branches worldwide such as the Japanse Branch, Indonesian Branch, and English Branch. Highly talented men and women stream using anime avatars and hide their personal identities while playing a "character" that is equal parts them and not them. Personally the only streamers I think are worth a damn.

HoloCure is a game based on Vampire Survivors made by fans where you play as a current small selection of around 15 IIRC characters based on some of the more popular HoloMems in the west.

TL;DR HoloLive is Cute Anime Girls streaming games and HoloCure is a fanmade Vampire Survivor Clone that surpasses the original in every way. Except maybe the music?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I really enjoy the game but reapers insta kill ruins it somewhat for me.

The thing that you have to exploit the game on a certain way to get him is just not fun to me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really enjoy the game but reapers insta kill ruins it somewhat for me.

The thing that you have to exploit the game on a certain way to get him is just not fun to me.
The game was designed from the outset to only last a certain amount of time that you have to survive. The reaper at the 30-minute mark was just the developer's way of ending the game without just having a "you win" screen.

The fact that he can be killed later on - you guys are focusing way too much on this.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's not an exploit, it's the mechanic they give you. It's only one of the end-game events so it's ok to skip until you are prepared better.
Having to have a certain char, to place yourself near a table with the arrow missile, and kill mobs outside of range to make reaper spawn and you have to move fast to get all the xp so you can level up fast to kill the reaper of you are lucky is either an exploit or really bad game design.

jshackles

Having to have a certain char, to place yourself near a table with the arrow missile, and kill mobs outside of range to make reaper spawn and you have to move fast to get all the xp so you can level up fast to kill the reaper of you are lucky is either an exploit or really bad game design.
What you're describing is an exploit to do this sooner than the game gives you the actual tools to accomplish the job naturally.

jshackles

How can you do it later naturally?
Once you unlock the Yellow Sign (obtained in the Holy Forbidden after defeating the last boss in the Moonglow level) you can see the "hidden" items on stages. These hidden items are the Gold Ring and Silver Ring (used to evolve the Clock Lancet) and the Metaglio Left and Metaglio Right (used to evolve the Laurel). These items are scattered pretty far apart on each map, so it's easiest to obtain the Mad Groove arcana by reaching 31 minutes on the Mad Forest level. This can be done easily with an upgraded clock lancet and tiramagu. With Mad Groove activated, the items will all center themselves on you every two minutes.

So - the easiest way to beat the reaper is to evolve both of these items, which will freeze the reaper in place and limit him to only being able to do a max of 10 damage to you at once (instead of instantly killing you). Combine this with something like the evolved whip, and you'll gain more life than he's able to take away. Depending on what other items you have equipped, and how much damage they do, you should be able to beat him pretty quickly.

Keep in mind, this is just one way of doing this - there are several other builds that make this possible, but this is the one I've personally found to be the easiest.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nothing magical happens with the reaper. Runs being limited to 30 mins is a huge boost for me. Having hurry mode further shorten is even better. I gave up on Dead Cells when the runs crept past 30 mins. There’s just a certain level of respect a game needs to have of my time. Same reason I stopped playing Civ games after a decade plus.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage , you're a freaking twat. I was bored so I got this game thinking I would hate it. I'm at a hotel in Missouri for a work event I need to attend, and it's just after 1:00 AM. I've been playing this for 8 hours, and I have to be up in 4 hours so my boss and I can get some stuff setup for a conference. I hate you so much.

HqwfULp.gif
Welcome to Crack Survivors. It's cozy in here.

Top Bottom