• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire Survivors |OT| There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think i rather stick with hyper instead of both hyper and hurry. Love the slow versions of the song selection. Damn those new levels really step it up a notch don't they.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
First serious run Gallo Tower.

FOl9U0v.jpg

No garlic 🤣

Is my DMG scaling still fucked or rather weird?

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Well I maxed out my perms. Now on to "beat" the zones. Can't phantom how I'll beat the one hit kill bosses even with revival on but ok.

This game is full of suprises...

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Explain mechanics? I mean. I guess my understanding is the priority (main weapon? Maybe not needed depending on the character?) and when far enough choice of subweapons per zone ie which works best. I feel my zoning and tricking the AI into certain directions (early & early mid game) is doing me well.

That's my interpretation.

So again, if you please...

Some mechanics? If I know what you mean I can start experimenting I guess

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Btw found the hidden character in Gallo. Very nice. What triggers the golden coin meter? Sorry to sound lazy. But since I'm typing already 🤣

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Either way better 10 than 9. 🥰

Explain mechanics? I mean. I guess my understanding is the priority (main weapon? Maybe not needed depending on the character?) and when far enough choice of subweapons per zone ie which works best. I feel my zoning and tricking the AI into certain directions (early & early mid game) is doing me well.

That's my interpretation.

So again, if you please...

Some mechanics? If I know what you mean I can start experimenting I guess

?? 😅

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That's more or less what I'm doing although not 100% (group killing keeps me pretty much stationary although I do wonder around). I'll start taking that serious then for now.

Thanks Soo 🌸👊🏽

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
- 7 new EXTRA achievements
- 1 new bonus stage
- 2 new characters
- 4 new weapons (of which 2 evos)
- 1 new relic

In this patch there are a lot of fixes too, including some optimisations that will let you play a run with Sammy for at least 2 more seconds than before!

Steam Achievements notes: this patch actually adds 8 platform Achievements, because it includes the Atlas Gate from the Adventures update!

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
22•22 22•22 I hit a new personal record for level last night
5UvqQVm.jpeg

- 1 new bonus stage
- 2 new characters
- 1 new relic

In this patch there are a lot of fixes too, including some optimisations that will let you play a run with Sammy for at least 2 more seconds than before!

Steam Achievements notes: this patch actually adds 8 platform Achievements, because it includes the
Atlas Gate from the Adventures update!
Yeah not sure how I missed it on release but I played last night and found it enjoyable. Though I am getting a bit of weapon fatigue.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
22•22 22•22 I hit a new personal record for level last night
5UvqQVm.jpeg

Yeah not sure how I missed it on release but I played last night and found it enjoyable. Though I am getting a bit of weapon fatigue.

Holy shit. Congrats! That's beyond my imagination lmao! All your weapons are unfamiliar to me lol. Lvl 12 weapons? Say what? Nice run man FFS. Fatigue as in familiarity?

Can't pass the bone zone.

And who's sammy lol.

Playing on series s btw.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Now i feel dumb. Any tips regarding the bone zone? No health and my perms are maxed out.

Nitty_Grimes

Are you using coins to unlock other characters?

Remember it isn't a case of conquering each zone and then that's it one and done.

You'll notice a question mark moving round on the map - level up your weapons then go after the question mark - keep at it when you get to it, it might seem like its having no effect but eventually it will go down - it will be sucking up the other enemies as it goes so try to defeat those before it does. Makes more sense when you see it in action.

Soodanim

Gold Member
- 1 new bonus stage
- 2 new characters
- 1 new relic

Steam Achievements notes: this patch actually adds 8 platform Achievements, because it includes the Atlas Gate from the Adventures update!
I got excited for this but then remembered I've been running the beta so I've done all this content. I've even got a screenshot I forgot to share.

22:22, this might raise too many questions so I'm sorry

B00C37339BEE6A21FF754EE445039A74FA3FD48B

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
With that character I do a one weapon run.

You need the appropriate arcanas to make it viable.

Haven't unlocked those yet for that zone. Don't know shit about this game. Prolly have to do one zone very very well for unlocking that.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I got excited for this but then remembered I've been running the beta so I've done all this content. I've even got a screenshot I forgot to share.

22:22, this might raise too many questions so I'm sorry

B00C37339BEE6A21FF754EE445039A74FA3FD48B

How come? Makes perfect sense.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Are you using coins to unlock other characters?

Remember it isn't a case of conquering each zone and then that's it one and done.

You'll notice a question mark moving round on the map - level up your weapons then go after the question mark - keep at it when you get to it, it might seem like its having no effect but eventually it will go down - it will be sucking up the other enemies as it goes so try to defeat those before it does. Makes more sense when you see it in action.

I think I'm confusing the collectables with the question mark. Can't seem to remember seeing question marks in the zones I've beaten... Hmm.

I'll go ahead and try. Thanks.

I've got the merchant and I didn't know gold coins are used to unlock characters. I've unlocked maybe 6 last night. "Panda" is cute

You know. You're prollu going to laugh but it was this week I found out the coins did the leveling. Not defeating the enemies. Well indirectly or the other way around. Anyways. Duh.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Haven't unlocked those yet for that zone. Don't know shit about this game. Prolly have to do one zone very very well for unlocking that.
That spoiler will unlock a lot of experimenting for you. I tend to stick with just a handful. Always check the unlocks on the main menu and have a gameplan to check off as many as you can. That will help you get some progress.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I was sarcastic because that screen was tripping Soo!
Instead of teasing, if you want to know:
The cooldown and size of attacks/effects got so powered up that it covered 100% the possible pixels on the screen, and because it's white you can't see the timer or other numbers

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I've been itching for something new to grab my attention as pretty much everything right now is either a 100+ hour epic (Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter Rise 2nd play through) or it's just kind of repetitive and the progression doesn't feel like anything new is being added (Black Skylands).

So, I decided to revisit the derivatives of VS.

I picked up the double pack of Brotato and Halls of Torment. So far, I vastly prefer HoT. I love the aesthetic & progression so far (1hr40m of playtime). My gripe with Brotato is the art style (not terrible, just seems too close to the Meat Boy artist. I really hate the gameplay loop of having to stop every 60 seconds. It breaks the pacing too much for me. I think the gameplay could be more rewarding to me if this mechanic was overhauled.

Bundle:

Individual games:

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hmm. I still have ways to go with vs regarding zones and challenges.

Does arcane unlock those cards?

Btw Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage

I as well dislike the meatboy artstyle.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Cards are the key to so much. Enjoy unlocking them, then enjoy using them even more.

22•22 22•22 are you keeping track of the unlockables in the menu? They can sometimes be a guide of things you haven't done yet.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

I've been itching for something new to grab my attention as pretty much everything right now is either a 100+ hour epic (Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter Rise 2nd play through) or it's just kind of repetitive and the progression doesn't feel like anything new is being added (Black Skylands).

So, I decided to revisit the derivatives of VS.

I picked up the double pack of Brotato and Halls of Torment. So far, I vastly prefer HoT. I love the aesthetic & progression so far (1hr40m of playtime). My gripe with Brotato is the art style (not terrible, just seems too close to the Meat Boy artist. I really hate the gameplay loop of having to stop every 60 seconds. It breaks the pacing too much for me. I think the gameplay could be more rewarding to me if this mechanic was overhauled.

Bundle:

Individual games:

Will deffo get Brotato on Steam.

It’s on gamepass but don’t like achievements with odd numbers 😡😂

Top Bottom