• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve will deliver ‘a message regarding Steam’ at E3 2021

ShadowNate

"Steam had a fun run! It was great while it lasted. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

Not an unprecedented stunt by the way. I'm looking at you GOG.

jaysius

Banned
It'll just be another fucking steam update, every single time you launch that thing it fucking updates nothing.

Would a Half Life 3 even be good at this point? They'd need to have restarted development a year or two ago to make it current and not some pile of trash filled with outdated mechanics.

Spacefish

pretty sure its just shitty reporting, when i checked pc gamer the other day the full quote was "message from Valve regarding Steam Next Fest".
Cant confirm since PC gamer is down.

Holammer

pretty sure its just shitty reporting, when i checked pc gamer the other day the full quote was "message from Valve regarding Steam Next Fest".
Cant confirm since PC gamer is down.

"Uh oh, looks like @fastly is down globally and any site behind is currently inaccessible (reddit, twitch, stackoverflow, nytimes, and a lot more!) Can't wait to read the postmortem #hugops"

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
I would love an update to Steam on Windows. Keeping all the features and functionality but modernize it a bit. And by modernize I DONT mean dumbing down the UI to make it mobile focused (hate that more than anything).

I see a lot of people always asking for change, but other than some filters and a few why is this here and not here stuff its fine. Curious what is it that would make it modern?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I see a lot of people always asking for change, but other than some filters and a few why is this here and not here stuff its fine. Curious what is it that would make it modern?

Hard to say im not a graphic or web designer but sometimes it does feel a bit old.

kuncol02

Banned
that's rather rare and weird. Not worth putting a product out for
That's literally reason why steam link was created in first place.
Android boxes are suboptimal solution because they can have big lag in controller support which when added to streaming lag can make game unplayable. Native version of steamlink should not have that problem. You wouldn't also need to reconect your controller between XBox and android device.

.Pennywise

Banned
It's about Steam Next Fest, which is the new name of the Steam Game Festival. This thingy about free demos for a week of upcoming indie games.

Don't expect anything more than that.

FStubbs

And would be sued 1ns after announcement.
They'd be sued NOW for Windows Store if there was a case. GOG, Humble, and others are still a thing. Not to mention how Google handles their app store, or even worse, how Apple handles theirs.

FStubbs

Someone hasn't paid attention to Microsoft's track record lol.
Microsoft isn't going to buy a billion dollar product and then kill it for their own starting from scratch project. At best they'd slap the "Windows Store" name on Steam, but it would still be Steam.

This isn't 90s Bill Gates Embrace/Extend/Extinguish Microsoft anymore and hasn't been for awhile.

Microsoft isn't going to buy a billion dollar product and then kill it for their own starting from scratch project.
MS buying companies and killing them either immediately or later while tackling on elements from the killed service to another project is what people who have known of MS history EXPECT MS to do.

There are exceptions but not that many.

Barakov

That’s according to PC Gamer, which published the partial line-up for this year’s PC Gaming Show on Monday.

It said “a message from Valve regarding Steam” will be delivered during the 90-minute event, which kicks off on June 13 at 2.30pm PST / 5.30pm EST / 10.30pm BST.
BtJv596.gif

CamHostage

The message was... more messages incoming.

Steam NextFest is "A Celebration of Upcoming Games", as in another E3-type showcase coming up sometime next week or soon or something (I couldn't hear very well through the sound of Gabe's beard...)

(*Can't timestamp yet on a livestream. It was towards the end, just before the hardware accessory section and the Warhammer game)

Last edited:
Top Bottom