• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve will deliver ‘a message regarding Steam’ at E3 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

That’s according to PC Gamer, which published the partial line-up for this year’s PC Gaming Show on Monday.

It said “a message from Valve regarding Steam” will be delivered during the 90-minute event, which kicks off on June 13 at 2.30pm PST / 5.30pm EST / 10.30pm BST.

Kenpachii

That’s according to PC Gamer, which published the partial line-up for this year’s PC Gaming Show on Monday.

It said “a message from Valve regarding Steam” will be delivered during the 90-minute event, which kicks off on June 13 at 2.30pm PST / 5.30pm EST / 10.30pm BST.

Guess half life 3 announcement, exclusive to there portable.

BigBooper

I wonder if they are announcing a partnership with MS to develop the Steamboy. Make it stream Steam games and stream XBOX games through Gamepass and xcloud. There were rumors of a MS Valve partnership earlier this year, and rumors of a MS portable, and now rumors (practically an announcement) of a portable Steam device.

Seems like it's all lining up to be a strong possibility.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I hope not. Love Valve but have no interest in their hardware pushes.

Some awesome new Steam features, integrated GP or something along those lines would be more interesting.
I dunno.. I think the portable Steam machine sounds awesome, especially since the config leak in that version of Steam implied some level of dev support... so it's not just "Steam OS on a portable" games will do specific things for them to play/work better.

Last edited:
Would be pretty cool if you could have your next gen console play your steam games since upgrading is a difficult with mining being popular. I'd buy an xbox or ps5 if that happened.

Last edited:
Valve and Steam acquisition announced at Microsoft E3, Steam elements added to Windows Store as Steam itself is shut down.

Forced updates to Windows Vista 2 even if your computer runs a celeron on 2GBs of ram.

CitizenZ

Banned
So by your definition whatever they're announcing can't speak for itself. Gotcha.

Over what 200 million + accounts with doing how much advertisement? Pretty much zero. All you have to do is watch Dota 2 tournament(the big one) and how much advertisement do you see for Valve? The answer is ZERO. That my friend is the measuring stick when you are the elite, make no mistake.

CitizenZ

Banned
I dunno.. I think the portable Steam machine sounds awesome, especially since the config leak in that version of Steam implied some level of dev support... so it's not just "Steam OS on a portable" games will do specific things for them to play/work better.

The Steam link was a success why they wouldn't do a 4K device, due to Nvidia Shield being solid, is weird.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
You have back 4 blood
Your my angel.

gT9wzVz.jpg

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The Steam link was a success why they wouldn't do a 4K device, due to Nvidia Shield being solid, is weird.
What makes you think it was successful? It was discontinued pretty damn quick lol

Just buy a shield.

Their new machine is gonna be an all inclusive portable.. totally different market than "PC gamer playing their games streamed from their PC"

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Over what 200 million + accounts with doing how much advertisement? Pretty much zero. All you have to do is watch Dota 2 tournament(the big one) and how much advertisement do you see for Valve? The answer is ZERO. That my friend is the measuring stick when you are the elite, make no mistake.

My G you said it yourself. Valve don't need no circus barkers. Yet here we are 🤷

hlm666

The steam portable thing doubles as a screen/battery/stream hardware for the new Wireless Index 2 and HLA 2 announced.

That's still more plausible than MS buying Valve.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
say whaaaaat?

has valve ever done anything at e3?
Not since Half Life 2 I don't think.

Hint hint.

I actually think it could be that this time. Valve has broken through some major walls with Alyx, they have a working engine and toolset for the first time in years and a team in place that can get this done. It wouldn't really be like them to announce HL3 this far in advance so I am not really going to get my hopes up but I do believe (for the first time in a while) we're going to see it eventually.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
The Steam client getting a proper configuration panel for its GUI. We still can't easily adjust Steam's fonts and colors, can we?

Holammer

Valve's Game streaming service announcement. "Steam Stream" is the obvious joke, but I would go with Steam Portal.
Also the rumored portable Steam Pal device (Steam Controller 2.0) to go with it.

... TF2 update? Fuck it, I'll take anything.

UnNamed

Banned
"Regarding Steam" looks like something about the platform, not games. So maybe Steam for Android/Ios games. Or a method to resell the license of a game, a digital version of used games.

Top Bottom