• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve says it’s ramping up Steam Deck shipments (vgc)

kingfey

Banned

Valve has said it’s started to increase Steam Deck shipments.

The company launched Steam Deck in February following a two-month delay caused by material shortages and is currently working to fulfil a backlog of orders.

“We’ve just sent out the first set of order emails to Q2 reservers (in order of reservation time),” it said on Monday.

“Starting today we’re ramping up Steam Deck shipments, and will be sending more order availability emails every week. Sometimes even twice a week!”

Customers are being given 72 hours from receipt of their order email to purchase a Steam Deck or their reservation will be passed to the next person waiting.

Steam Deck prices start at $399 / £349 (64GB eMMC), with increased storage options available for $529 / £459 (256GB NVMe SSD) and $649 / £569 (512GB NVMe SSD).

The current backlog means new orders placed today won’t ship until after October 2022, according to the recently updated Steam Deck product page.

Valve said last month that it had fixed reported incidents of Steam Deck analogue stick drift via a software update.

“The team has looked into the reported issues and it turns out it was a deadzone regression from a recent firmware update,” said designer Lawrence Yang. “We just shipped a fix to address the bug, so make sure you’re up to date.”

kiphalfton

The current backlog means new orders placed today won’t ship until after October 2022, according to the recently updated Steam Deck product page.

Really, a 6 month lead time? That’s crazy. What’s the point of steam even taking orders if you’re still essentially on the waitlist?

Guilty_AI

How is it going? I see no news, threads, Reddits, twitters about it.

It looked like a very cold launch like after the launch it just died.
Production is just slow. There is definitely a strong demand (considering this news) and i frequently see games on my steam page announcing deck optimizations.

Deerock71

How is it going? I see no news, threads, Reddits, twitters about it.

It looked like a very cold launch like after the launch it just died.
Believe your eyes. Destined for 'niche', unlike FUD for the Switch. And don't get me wrong; I have a Steam collection, but I'll pick one of these up from Comic Book Guy at a garage sale.

chaseroni

I use mine every day since I've gotten it. It's a PC, not much to really say about it.
Playing Elden Ring anywhere in the house is pretty liberating.
I look forward to the next iteration, because the community behind this thing is going to keep it alive and Valve will pay attention for v2.

JCK75

After I got mine, I realized my son would love one so I put in an order for a 64GB model for him, estimate said Oct-Dec, just got my email a few days ago and placed the order..
they are getting ahead of schedule now.

00_Zer0

After I got mine, I realized my son would love one so I put in an order for a 64GB model for him, estimate said Oct-Dec, just got my email a few days ago and placed the order..
they are getting ahead of schedule now.
When did you put the order in for your son's Deck? I was thinking of getting my son a Deck for Christmas and wondered if it would arrive in time.

Top Bottom