• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve on the Future of Half-Life Plus Other Inside Stories.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We take Unfiltered on the road to Valve Software in Bellevue, Washington and interview Valve veteran Robin Walker and one of Valve's newer developers Chris Remo (formerly of Campo Santo) to discuss a range of topics, from the origins of The Orange Box to Half-Life: Alyx's sound design to Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal VR to, yes, Half-Life 3.

Romulus

I still can't wrap my mind around that they have a $1000 headset that is constantly sold out. For months.

The Orange Box was my introduction to Valve's games and I really enjoyed it on the PS3. I thought it was a great value. Portal 2 was also a great sequel. Then I played all of the earlier Half-Life games and Left 4 Dead 2 on PC.

I think the Half-Life series is their best work, definitely the most intriguing storywise what with lab scientists experiencing an alien invasion, the military working to cover it up and how the sequel introduces another alien race along with Alyx and the Gravity Gun. Excited to see more of the universe sooner rather than later.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Once Half Life Alyx goes to console more eyes will be on the franchise, right now Valve FEARS consoles which is a MASSIVE market.

Top Bottom