• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve is working on 2 Half-Life games

LordOfChaos

Valve is working, 2 Half-Life games..​

:messenger_sunglasses:
f7b.gif

Tschumi

Hehe part of me thinks one will be a lost coast equivalent and the other will be a android/ios card game

Dream-Knife

Banned
If Valve gives up on VR then it really is dead. Unless of course Nintendo gets into it.

I have a Rift, but I'll never buy an Oculus again after it's integration with FB.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
If the news about them giving up on VR is true, that is sad and bad news.
That would mean they concede to Facebook/Meta and honestly I hoped I wouldn't be forced to sell my private data to them just to be able to play VR games.
Also I liked Valves lighthouse tracking miles better than all the competition. Sad news indeed if true.
Ill die before I give Mark Cuckerberg anything.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
This is not news. There is always stuff in development. Dota 2 is probably being worked on too in some capacity.

Kev Kev

If the news about them giving up on VR is true, that is sad and bad news.
That would mean they concede to Facebook/Meta and honestly I hoped I wouldn't be forced to sell my private data to them just to be able to play VR games.
Also I liked Valves lighthouse tracking miles better than all the competition. Sad news indeed if true.
lol its ok bud, VR is going to be fine. there is no real "news" here. only "leaks" and rumors.

Seems strange they would all lose interest in VR so quickly after Alyx was such a huge critical success. Not sure I’m buying it.
my thoughts exactly

Last edited:

Holammer

I wouldn't put much stock in what Tyler says.
Just look at the guy; yes, I'm going to attack his character. The guy regularly films his videos wearing the same dirty clothes he sleeps on, can't even put in 5 minutes of grooming to make himself presentable. When you listen to him talk you can actually taste the bipolar bubbling to the surface as he goes from manic to depressed.

His output is only clickbait and drama. So I trust anonymous 4chan posts with Bloodborne PC port info more than him.

Romulus

FB kicked their ass with the VR market and Quest 2 is doing mainstream numbers. Valve is needing to restructure now, they had the game but not the hardware. We know what works for profitability now, and it isn't some $1000 headset that isn't standalone. Standalone + PCVR compatibility is the ticket. By this time next year, we'll know of at least one more Quest clone coming from big money. PSVR2 will be its own thing.

nordique

My wish:
Half Life 3 and Half Life 4

My expectation:
Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 "enhanced" versions

Reality:
Nothing will be released

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Half Life 2 remastered
It was mentioned in the "Geforce Now" leak so yeah, it should be one of them. Second one probably a VR game:messenger_pensive:.

They are probably trying to collect money for the 3rd game. They should sell virtual buggys instead of trying so hard like this:messenger_smirking:.

Tommi84

Maybe after all thede years, we'll finally get something we were promised promised:

Half Life 2: Episode 3

Though I guess this can also be:

Half-Life 2: Episode, 3 new screenshots

Last edited:
Top Bottom