• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve is working on 2 Half-Life games

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Valve insider Tyler McVicker (former ValveNewsNetwork) says 2 Half-Life games are in development...​

039fbbba-6490-49e6-b58e-75ddbb8544cb.png

One of the two game is Citadel, who supports both VR and non-VR modes and the second one is Half Life: X (just a codename for now).
Since the rest is in his Patreon, I can't share more information for now.

Citadel is, apparently, a multiplayer game that pits VR and M&K players together.
The game so far is looking to be a Zombie Master type of thing,

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Yes please! I put Alyx on hold as my PC was struggling sometimes and made the VR experience a bit rough, but as soon as I can find a GPU (ha ha), I’m back in. It was so good

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They've worked on a lot of Half-Life games since HL2. Just never released any of them buy Alyx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t Citadel meant to release this year, too?

If we go back to playing as Gordon Freeman, I wonder if they’d give him a voice… The writers seemed to want to make games with player characters that speak going forward.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Legendary shit:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Please make one of them HL3.

I've been waiting since 2007 for a conclusion the the cliffhanger that ended Episode 2. Please, bring back Gordon and finish the story!

tassletine

Don't care. Valve are unreliable. Tell me when it's done and attached to some peripheral I won't be able to afford.

Tranquil

They said themselves that Half-Life games were always about advancing the medium/genre.

You're probably not getting a standard AAA shooter Half-Life 3, ever.

That's what I figured and if so then there are plenty of other games for me to play. I always have Half life 1 and 2.

MiguelItUp

I'm really hoping so, and I'm hoping they're amazing. Alyx was incredible. I just want more Valve games, and I don't want them to ALL be VR.

Kenpachii

I think the missed the boat with VR game, hype kinda died out for the series entirely at this stage its also way to old for people to still care. they should have pushed out half life 3, but wanted to sell there next plastic toy.

Wonder what plastic toy they wanna sell is next.

Last edited:

CuNi

If the news about them giving up on VR is true, that is sad and bad news.
That would mean they concede to Facebook/Meta and honestly I hoped I wouldn't be forced to sell my private data to them just to be able to play VR games.
Also I liked Valves lighthouse tracking miles better than all the competition. Sad news indeed if true.

Top Bottom